satelite tv set up

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by glenn&kerry Star rating. 20 posts Send private message

hi guys

weve just been advised that we can have satelite tv installed at our apartment in mijas golf. our administrator has provided a name of a local guy who can arrange this, having spoken to him i think he said that it costs 300 euros to run a cable from our apartment to the satelite dish but as my spainish is not too good im not sure what else if anything is included. we have the following questions so if anyone knows the amswers we'd really appreciate it!!

what else would we have to pay for so we can watch the satelite from our apartment?

we have a spare sky box in the uk would we be able to use this in spain

will we need a viewing card and if so how much does this cost/ where can we get it from?

what channels are included without paying a monthly subscription charge?

is there any other useful info we should know before saying yes? 

thank you al in advance

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 8:39 AM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

what else would we have to pay for so we can watch the satelite from our apartment?

If it is a "proper" community dish system, then you should have access to all the UK TV channels. If you want more then you can pay a monthyl subscription to sky and use a sky card and get their pay tv channels.

in some cases some community systems have restricted channels, you must use the "comminuties" boxes, and you have not chance of using a sky box or sky card.

so hopefully someone here will be able to confirm which system you have

we have a spare sky box in the uk would we be able to use this in spain

See above

will we need a viewing card and if so how much does this cost/ where can we get it from?

See above.

And many UK TV channels are available for free and require no sky card to view.

however, there are some stronger ITV, C4 and Five channels, and Fiver Five USA Sky 4 that do require a freesatfromskyc ard (£20 in the uk).

what channels are included without paying a monthly subscription charge?

Again, depends on what "type" of system your community has.

Many of the main UK TV channels, and about 200 others are available for free and with no sky card - free to air channels

The stronger ITV, C4 and Five channels, and Fiver Five USA Sky 4 that require a freesatfromskyc ard (£20 in the uk) - free to view channels

http://www.satandpcguy.com/Site/freesatfromsky_tv_channel_guide_list.php

is there any other useful info we should know before saying yes? 

if you want to use a PVR like Sky+ or freesat+, this requires two cables from the system to the receiver.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 9:11 AM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Just to correct Satanpcguy (or should I say make a little more clear)  If you want more and pay a subscription to SKY, you will need to register your account at a UK address, as SKY will not allow you to have an account in Spain.  I would also suggest that you do not allow SKY to know of your intention to use it in Spain.  And of interest ( maybe Satanpcguy can answer this)  If one experiences a problem with a SKY setup in Spain, and conntact is made with the SKY helpdesk, are they able to ascertain where you are in the world if your setup is attached through a telephone line.  And if they can, would they be able to suspend/close the account?

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 12:04 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Satandpcguy

Thanks for all the useful information you post here, I'm suprised that Sky Sports News is not on the channel list with the freesatfromsky card.

Can you get this channel anywhere without subscription?

Thanks

Steve

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 12:31 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Thanks for all the useful information you post here, I'm suprised that Sky Sports News is not on the channel list with the freesatfromsky card.Can you get this channel anywhere without subscription?

Yes. In the UK on the Freeview system!

Via satellite its PAY only.

Its is on a PAY TV package as there were time when Sky had so much Live Sport on they use SSNs as an extra channel - not often but it has happened.

And its fre on Freeview as they use that to advertise whats available via a Sky Pay package...

This message was last edited by satandpcguy on 15/06/2010.

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Jul 2010 11:57 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

Just an update on this.

Sky Sports News will soon not be available for free on the UK Freeview system.

It will be replaced with another Sky channel in the near future, reports are "Sky 3".

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Justin, look what eye found! - 2 posts
Case Won and Money Returned - Maria & Costa Luz Lawyers - 21 posts
Bank Guarantee - Case won and money returned - Maria & Costa Luz Lawyers - 42 posts
Upvc - 0 posts
Rattan Garden furniture - 3 posts
Apartment for Sale - 1 posts
How do I load a Powerpoint presentation into a new thread - 1 posts
Problems with President, Administrators and repairs been done. - 5 posts
How to get Spanish accent marks on your PC - 12 posts
Visual link Spanish - 0 posts
Teaching English in San Javier, Murcia - need information - 2 posts
Thank you to EOS!! - 2 posts
Musicians? - 12 posts
Im new and im moving to a spanish Cave House! - 8 posts
Im new and im going to move to a Spanish Cave House! - 6 posts
Gibraltar - 3 posts
Maria does it again!! - 23 posts
Land classification - Suelo No Urbanizable Comun - 2 posts
Fake Telefonica Phone Call - WARNING!!! - 1 posts
Velez Rubio How Nice - 3 posts
Should I give an estate agent a copy of my deeds? - 3 posts
Bank transactions - need some help with the lingo/descriptions! - 6 posts
Advice on selling privately - 6 posts
Good Afternoon ! - 2 posts
moving to spain - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x