Bank transactions - need some help with the lingo/descriptions!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Hello all.. noticed 3 items on my bank statement which I'd appreciate clarification on if anyone can help?

1.  a one off debit (29.88) with description "Aguas Potables" against it. Obviously something to do with water, but it's nothing like the entries for water rates that come out quarterly. Can't find any translation for "Potable" - any ideas?

2.  another one off debit (24.00).. "Recogida Residues Solidas Urba"  literally translates as "Collection residues solids" I'm guessing it's either a sewerage charge.. or else rubbish collection? (although I know rubbish is 'Basura').

both the above were town hall debits by the way.. and now for the hat-trick..

3.  a couple of debits (both for 29.00) on the same day with identical ref for both  "MAN.CT.AP.N-RES" 

La Caixa is our bank so if anyone can give us an idea that would be great (and less hassle than me calling the bank!)

Thanks in anticipation..  Pat

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 5:33 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Potable=drinkable

Aguas Potables drinking water

This message was last edited by philevans on 11/06/2010.

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 5:46 PM by gcarton Star rating. 144 posts Send private message

Pretty certain item 3 is charges by your bank for Non Residency certification. Presume it is a joint account so one charge per person. Not sure if this is annual or every two years. Will find out later this month.

Regards

Guy

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 5:56 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Thanks Phil.. blimey that was quick!..

Drinking water?..yes I see it now but everyone buys the bottled water!.. maybe they've upgraded the system or something, I'll drop an email to the community president see if he knows.

Guy, that sounds good to me and yes myself and wife, hence the double debit. That's a new one on me (no residency certification).

.thanks to you both anyway..keep them coming

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 6:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Pat

Re ... 3.  a couple of debits (both for 29.00) on the same day with identical ref for both  "MAN.CT.AP.N-RES" 

Wow, that's a huge charge.  Our friends use BBVA & theirs was the highest I'd encountered at almost 24€ each before hearing about yours with La Caixa.

We're with Banco Halifax who did not charge for the non residency certificate BUT now the police are charging them 12€ per person named on the a/c so it's 12€ each because of that. I gather from what Halifax staff told us last week they are NOT happy about the charge. Ours runs out September so we are charged 12€ each then.

The certificates are valid for two years so it is every TWO years you  are charged BTW!

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 6:41 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

1) drinking water

2) sewerage charge.

3 ) as the others have said.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 7:28 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

Many thanks to you all, very much appreciated..

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Advice on selling privately - 6 posts
Good Afternoon ! - 2 posts
moving to spain - 8 posts
copy N.I.E certificate - 5 posts
40% off at Mango in Spain - 0 posts
n.i.e number - 0 posts
bank transfer charges - 14 posts
suzuki ltz400 quad wanted - 0 posts
Driving British - 3 posts
Things to Know Before You Shop for Wood Furniture - 0 posts
hard worker looking for a job - 8 posts
Telefonica - Love 'em or hate 'em? - 11 posts
can anybody help,does anybody know tv installers on condado de alhama - 1 posts
Estilo Campo Restaurant, Fuengirola - 2 posts
tax on renting a property - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 2005 sawp for Cabriolet - 0 posts
What happens to deposit when tenant moves out early? - 4 posts
Camposol A & B - 3 posts
Hello, I'm new. Rental property owner in Orgiva (Granada) - 3 posts
Wanted: long term rental El Raso / Guardamar / La Zenia - 7 posts
I have just realised..... - 4 posts
sky hd box for sale - 1 posts
What's with the Weather lately???? - 28 posts
Nine words women use - 2 posts
Wanted: Merino wool pillows/ pillow cases - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x