Maria does it again!!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Mal J Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Not sure if I should put this on the 'good news' thread as it is good for me.

Maria has been successful in recovering my deposit and this week I received the payment into my bank account. She is now proceeding to try and recover costs and interest.

My thanks to Maria and Costa Luz lawyers and also to 'Eye on Spain' who without, I would not have known about Maria.

Thanks again Maria.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 12:01 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Sounds like good news to me, well done to you and Maria

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 12:04 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

The merit is of the whole team!

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 5:30 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

And well done to the whole team Maria

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 5:36 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Echoed by me!

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 11:52 PM by M11block Star rating. 179 posts Send private message

Congratulations Mal J on your good news, and well done to Maria and her team.  I think you should post this on the Good News thread and hopefully more will see it and be encouraged by the positive outcome.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 11:09 AM by Paul and Carol Star rating. 75 posts Send private message

We also received our full deposit back,maria,steven and the team amillion thank yous

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 5:59 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

It would be of benefit to many if you could explain the circumstances relating to your recovery of deposits so that others can benefit where appropriate, or comprehend if their situation is unrelated to these successes.

Cheers and well done!

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 8:08 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

CONGRATULATIONS MAL!!!   A wonderful feeling eh??

WELL DONE MARIA & TEAM!!

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 10:46 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks again to you all and to the wonderful team I am lucky to have around.

Right now concentrated on liability actions against finantial institutions out of 1.2 of Law 57/68

Best regards,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 11:31 AM by Mal J Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Reply for Ads and anyone else who is interested!

We put a deposit on an off plan purchase in mid 2006 through an english based company called Euro Property Guide.Fortunately I persisted in demanding a Bank Guarantee which I duly received.

The property was supposed to be completed by Sept 2007 but apart from a few foundations, little was done by Mar 2009 by which time all work had ceased and Euro Property Guide had dropped the project leaving all the customers who had purchased on the developement, in the crap..

We has a solicitor who was virtually useless and despite assurances by the developer that work would soon resume, we decided tp try and recover our deposit.

Through 'Eye on Spain' we discovered Maria and in Mar/April 2009 asked her to proceed with actions to recover. Because we had a Bank Guarantee, I understand that the case was against the bank and although the case was taken to the courts, it was settled before going before a judge. I am sure Maria can correct me if any of this is wrong.

I will be pleased to answer any further questions

Mal

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 12:27 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Mal.

Yes, all that is correct.

Cases like yours are what can be called " easy cases" ( even when sometimes we fall into the endless nonsense of some Judges)

We are concentrated on the difficult ones now. Those of clients whcih did not receive a Bank Guarantee. And... we are not going to stop... if you keep supporting our efforts.

Best wishes again,

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 3:34 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Thanks Mal.

For those interested Maria has also just clarified some further points regarding claims against Banks on the post titled "Justice Issues" within the section on Bank Guarantees.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 9:56 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Congratulations Mal, Tish & Paul and Carol.

Once again, it is great to read these positive stories - even if some of them are as Maria says 'the easy cases'.

Ours is one of the more difficult cases, like so many thousands of purchasers on numerous Spanish developments, we did not receive the legally required Bank Guarantees.

But........we will never give up the fight and one day I am sure we will be reading about positive outcomes for those purchasers who did not receive the legally required Bank Guarantees.........

Kind regards

Keith
FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 10:13 PM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Keith,

I have just read the article on Bank Guarantees "The Shocking Truth" and had to congratulate you on an excellent expose of the facts (assuming it was you who wrote it???).

Well done.

Like 0      
17 Jun 2010 11:08 PM by Keith110 Star rating in the UK and I am lead.... 681 posts Send private message

Hi Ads

Yes I did write it, along with all the other pages of the Finca Parcs Action Group website.

Although the website is mainly for our Finca Parcs Action Group, I also wanted to include a more general section on Bank Guarantees and LEY 57/68 as this seems to be a huge issue throughout Spain with many thousands of innocent purchasers at risk of losing their deposits.

I am pleased you liked it.  I tried to keep 'The Shocking Truth' article as simple as possible, but at the same time tell it like it is........

The article is based on my opinion after being a 'victim' of the lack of regulation within the Spanish real estate and financial sectors.

Some may agree - some may disagree - some (probably those involved) would rather we would all keep quiet, go away and accept that we have lost our money.  But we will never give up the fight and we will continue to tell it like it is and expose the truth.

I speak from first hand experience of currently having my deposit at risk.

I have studied the situation regarding off-plan deposits and been gathering evidence for our group case over the past 3 years.

I must also say that over the past couple of years I have learnt a great deal from Maria's postings, her blog and our email communications.  Like me, she is also very determined to see justice prevail in these cases.

Kind regards

Keith
FINCA PARCS ACTION GROUP

LEY 57/1968
CLICK HERE FOR THE BANK GUARANTEES IN SPAIN WEBSITE

fpag@btinternet.com

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 9:50 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Oh yes!

Keith needs to start thinking of becoming a lawyer... he is awesomely sharp when detecting falseness and tricks. I have learnt a lot from him during the last years.

Good luck and keep the good work and battle ahead.

Maria

Lawyer

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 10:15 AM by David W Star rating. 199 posts Send private message

David W´s avatar

Keith

Have been following your posts and have just read your article Bank Guarentees "The Shocking Truth''

An easy to read and understand article and your posts the same

What i like most is that they are written in a factual manner without rancour and hostility to others who have been "luckier'' in there purchases than you

Wishing you much support and sucess in your struggle for justice

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 11:29 AM by ads Star rating. 4124 posts Send private message

Maria/Keith,

Apologies for the repeat question from another thread, but regarding those difficult cases that you made reference to please could you advise on the following queries:

What sort of timescale do you put to this form of group action against the Banks, are we talking years here? Will there be individual group actions against a specific bank or against several banks grouped together, and will they, like developers, use the appeal process to elongate the process for their own ends, or does this new moritorio legal process have timescale limits attached?

Also, would any legal firm taking group action against the bank(s) have to contend with a significant delay before it would be in their interests to  legally proceed with the case? I'm thinking of the instance where many clients might be stuck in the existing legal system awaiting judgements, whereas those that are ready to proceed right now (with presumably cancelled contracts) may be compromised waiting for others to achieve their successful judgements.

Perhaps you can enlighten us on how you see the process of group action working practically.

Like 0      
18 Jun 2010 11:35 AM by sandra Star rating in . 812 posts Send private message

sandra´s avatar

Keith,

Your article was so good I thought it needed bringing to the attention of Roger Helmer MEP.

I only hope that he reads the comments on his website:-

http://rogerhelmermep.wordpress.com/2010/03/23/spanish-government-faces-flak-over-property-scams/

Keep up the pressure Keith, you are an inspiration to those of us awaiting justice.

Edited to say 'Well Done' to Maria and the teamon their recent successes. Little by little they are confronting, in court, the

illegal practices that fuelled the property boom.  As the saying goes:- 'Softly, softly, catchee monkey'

Congratulatiions to everyone involved in the fight!!

This message was last edited by sandra on 18/06/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Land classification - Suelo No Urbanizable Comun - 2 posts
Fake Telefonica Phone Call - WARNING!!! - 1 posts
Velez Rubio How Nice - 3 posts
Should I give an estate agent a copy of my deeds? - 3 posts
Bank transactions - need some help with the lingo/descriptions! - 6 posts
Advice on selling privately - 6 posts
Good Afternoon ! - 2 posts
moving to spain - 8 posts
copy N.I.E certificate - 5 posts
40% off at Mango in Spain - 0 posts
n.i.e number - 0 posts
bank transfer charges - 14 posts
suzuki ltz400 quad wanted - 0 posts
Driving British - 3 posts
Things to Know Before You Shop for Wood Furniture - 0 posts
hard worker looking for a job - 8 posts
Telefonica - Love 'em or hate 'em? - 11 posts
can anybody help,does anybody know tv installers on condado de alhama - 1 posts
Estilo Campo Restaurant, Fuengirola - 2 posts
tax on renting a property - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 2005 sawp for Cabriolet - 0 posts
What happens to deposit when tenant moves out early? - 4 posts
Camposol A & B - 3 posts
Hello, I'm new. Rental property owner in Orgiva (Granada) - 3 posts
Wanted: long term rental El Raso / Guardamar / La Zenia - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 24

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x