Gibraltar

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by traci Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

My husband and I are chatting about moving to GIbraltar as he will be working there. Purely because we think the transition may be easier for us.

What do people think and does anybody know of good schools.

Thankyou Traci

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 10:18 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Traci, you're wearing us all out.  It's not what WE all think but what is right for you & your family. WHEN you decide WHERE you are wanting to live then possibly others can help you with schools but you have been asking about various areas in your other threads & there are good schools wherever you end up.

Google, Google & Google more about areas just north of Gib as you originally said you felt it was expensive in Gib itself. All of us chose different areas for different reasons, I certainly wouldn't want to live in a certain area but those who live there would disagree. It's up to you.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 12/06/2010.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 9:09 AM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Is this the same Traci who two hours earlier was thinking of

Moving to spain in the next few months and I was thinking of Manilva or Alcaedisia(I think that is how you spell it).

And the same Traci who a few days before that was

My hubby might be getting a job in Gibraltar soon and we dont want to live there as I have heard is is very expensive.

I'm confused!

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 13/06/2010.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 1:01 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Buying a property or renting in Gib is very expensive compared to living in Spain.

However, the schools in Gib have a good reputation and the system is the same as the UK.  If your kids are teenagers then this would probably be a good idea, otherwise you'd need to put them into an international school in Spain.  If they are very young then the Spanish schools should be ok for your kids if they are already starting to learn the language before coming over.

With regards to Gib, some people love it whilst others hate it.  You should maybe try it out for a bit to see what you think.

By the way, I am originally from Gib myself so I know the place very well...which is why I live in Spain!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Maria does it again!! - 23 posts
Land classification - Suelo No Urbanizable Comun - 2 posts
Fake Telefonica Phone Call - WARNING!!! - 1 posts
Velez Rubio How Nice - 3 posts
Should I give an estate agent a copy of my deeds? - 3 posts
Bank transactions - need some help with the lingo/descriptions! - 6 posts
Advice on selling privately - 6 posts
Good Afternoon ! - 2 posts
moving to spain - 8 posts
copy N.I.E certificate - 5 posts
40% off at Mango in Spain - 0 posts
n.i.e number - 0 posts
bank transfer charges - 14 posts
suzuki ltz400 quad wanted - 0 posts
Driving British - 3 posts
Things to Know Before You Shop for Wood Furniture - 0 posts
hard worker looking for a job - 8 posts
Telefonica - Love 'em or hate 'em? - 11 posts
can anybody help,does anybody know tv installers on condado de alhama - 1 posts
Estilo Campo Restaurant, Fuengirola - 2 posts
tax on renting a property - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 2005 sawp for Cabriolet - 0 posts
What happens to deposit when tenant moves out early? - 4 posts
Camposol A & B - 3 posts
Hello, I'm new. Rental property owner in Orgiva (Granada) - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x