Im new and im going to move to a Spanish Cave House!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by SIP CAVEMAN Star rating in Devon UK & Orce Spai.... 8 posts Send private message

Hi, ive just found and registered on this forum. Im hoping I can gain some helpful advice and maybe share some information about my plans for the future. I have bought a Spanish Cave house in the increadible mountain area of inland Granada in Spain. The property is about 300 years old and has been lived in for many many years. I am currently carrying out renovations to it. Hopefully ill  move over there in about 18 months.

This message was last edited by SIP CAVEMAN on 12/06/2010.

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 2:59 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Yabba dabba doo!

Makes me feel a real bore, in my little apartment on the coast, can't offer you the advice you are looking for but enjoy, sounds like heaven.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 3:05 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 5:29 PM by jojan Star rating. 200 posts Send private message

Good luck hope you enjoy your new pastime, but don't forget doing work in the soring temperatures isn't like doing it here, but enjoy.  When you are out there with perspiration pouring from you just remember the rest of us back here in England soaked with the rain - yes you will enjoy yourself out there.

Jojan

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 9:45 PM by Tanky Star rating in Now living in the Wi.... 4 posts Send private message

I'm 71 now but if I were 25 years younger I would be doing the same thing. I take my hat off to you and wish you the best of luck.

I have seen the cave houses and find them most desirable.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 11:47 AM by SIP CAVEMAN Star rating in Devon UK & Orce Spai.... 8 posts Send private message

Thanks for the replies. Our trip went well. I managed to get quite a bit done, bits and pieces indoors and the main task was to rebuild the front porch and fit a new door to make it more secure. Youre right, the temperatures were staggering, just mixing a barrow of mortar produced about a gallon of water from my body! Ive never drank so much water......We boought the door from a chap in the village of freilla (another cave village by the side of the beautiful lake Negratine) By shopping around we managed to get the price down by 150 euros, so that was a result. Im back out again very soon to crack on with the electrics, it'llbe a bit cooler working inside!

Thanks for the link to Spanish Inland Properties, thats who we bought the cave from, they were really helpfull and did everything for us.

Cant put a picture up, it says im not allowed until my account has been approved? Ive put some picture on the link in my signature

This message was last edited by SIP CAVEMAN on 10/08/2010.

Like 0      
10 Aug 2010 6:19 PM by Tanky Star rating in Now living in the Wi.... 4 posts Send private message

Well done Caveman, you have my admiration and good wishes........We are going out in a few weeks and hope that the summer lettings haven't produced a shed load of DIY for us to do......We will be on the Costa Calida coast at Torri de la Horadada but far from drinking Gallons of water, it will be falling down water..........Good luck for your next fase Caveman. Look foreward to some photos.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Gibraltar - 3 posts
Maria does it again!! - 23 posts
Land classification - Suelo No Urbanizable Comun - 2 posts
Fake Telefonica Phone Call - WARNING!!! - 1 posts
Velez Rubio How Nice - 3 posts
Should I give an estate agent a copy of my deeds? - 3 posts
Bank transactions - need some help with the lingo/descriptions! - 6 posts
Advice on selling privately - 6 posts
Good Afternoon ! - 2 posts
moving to spain - 8 posts
copy N.I.E certificate - 5 posts
40% off at Mango in Spain - 0 posts
n.i.e number - 0 posts
bank transfer charges - 14 posts
suzuki ltz400 quad wanted - 0 posts
Driving British - 3 posts
Things to Know Before You Shop for Wood Furniture - 0 posts
hard worker looking for a job - 8 posts
Telefonica - Love 'em or hate 'em? - 11 posts
can anybody help,does anybody know tv installers on condado de alhama - 1 posts
Estilo Campo Restaurant, Fuengirola - 2 posts
tax on renting a property - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 2005 sawp for Cabriolet - 0 posts
What happens to deposit when tenant moves out early? - 4 posts
Camposol A & B - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x