Driving British

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by surg Star rating. 9 posts Send private message

Hi all

im after some advice please,im driving my british plated car through france to murcia spain,and was

wondering if the police take more interest in us, all documents are up to date, and i,ve got all the requirements

needed or both countries, triangles,high vis coats bulb pack etc etc ,also is there anything i need to watch out

for besides speed cameras many thanks.....surg

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 7:47 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Spare glasses if you need them to drive. If you come down via Barcelona way the thieves that target brit. reg. vehicles.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 8:50 PM by Febe Star rating in Flix, on river Ebro,.... 240 posts Send private message

Hi Surg,

Having driven through france to spain many times, I don't think the police target english cars any more than any other.

One word of warning.

A spanish friend told us that by law, one of the two police men that stop you WILL have a command of english. They may well not let you know this, and their english may well not be as good as your spanish, how ever be careful what you say.

Take care, Febe

No matter where you go, there you are.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 9:22 PM by Jontymellor Star rating in Warrington & Cabo R.... 144 posts Send private message

I have been driving back and too for the last 4 years, I have no problems, if you do pull over at night make sure you stay in a service statin area that has a petrol station, we people in  and out, it may be hard to get a sleep, but even through my caravan years better than those quite lonly rest areas that only have toilets, they are OK through the day, the usual when you leaave your car, dont leave the crown duels on show, I had many years with a caravan in France and spain now with my apartment in Cabo Roig I drive twice a year there, "Tutch wood", I have never been pulled over.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Things to Know Before You Shop for Wood Furniture - 0 posts
hard worker looking for a job - 8 posts
Telefonica - Love 'em or hate 'em? - 11 posts
can anybody help,does anybody know tv installers on condado de alhama - 1 posts
Estilo Campo Restaurant, Fuengirola - 2 posts
tax on renting a property - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 2005 sawp for Cabriolet - 0 posts
What happens to deposit when tenant moves out early? - 4 posts
Camposol A & B - 3 posts
Hello, I'm new. Rental property owner in Orgiva (Granada) - 3 posts
Wanted: long term rental El Raso / Guardamar / La Zenia - 7 posts
I have just realised..... - 4 posts
sky hd box for sale - 1 posts
What's with the Weather lately???? - 28 posts
Nine words women use - 2 posts
Wanted: Merino wool pillows/ pillow cases - 3 posts
Capital gains tax - reassessment/valuation by tax office - 0 posts
JUSTIN: I am NOT receiving email notifications of new posts! - 29 posts
Great Singers who are National Icons - 0 posts
Furniture pack wanted - 5 posts
income tax - 14 posts
Worldwide Destinations Served by Malaga - 3 posts
Ref: apartment for sale- EOS team help needed! SP1176 - 1 posts
The government is worried .......... - 19 posts
pergola - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x