hard worker looking for a job

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by stant Star rating in cardiff wales. 48 posts Send private message

hi I'm looking for a job in spain .im a painter and decorator with good d.i.y skills

i have over 5 years experience in the trade

i don't mind cleaning jobs or gardening jobs

i love working in motor sport and enjoy fishing

references aren't a problem

I'm 33 from cardiff if you now of a job let me know or if you are building a house I'm interested thanks for your time from lee

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 7:49 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Join the other 5 million already here & looking !! Sorry ,it's that bad. You might be lucky.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 1:42 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

I agree with guslopez,

Stay where you are, it's not just work you would have to find where would you live, you don't say if you have somewhere to go if you come over here, and there are hundreds and hundreds of adverts in the free English papers advertising for your sort of work. The spanish people are suffering because of lack of work so it isn't fair to them either for another foreigner to come looking for work.

Kathy

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 3:11 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

Get yourself to Spain and start your own decorating business. It won't be easy but nothing is.

If you are good at it, determined, driven, focused and good with people then give it a go.

You might need some funding to see you through, you will need to plan, and you will probably need a bit of luck along the way but it can be done.

There are always people looking for what you do and don't be put of by those who mention that old recession word, business still goes on and people still decorate thier houses(maybe even more so if they are puting of moving)

To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream; not only plan, but also believe.

Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can become great.

Life consists not in holding good cards but in playing those you hold well.

This message was last edited by redsam79 on 12/06/2010.

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
13 Jun 2010 9:44 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

maybe if we didn't have so many "foreign" workers over here he might not be looking else where for a job.

If its what you want to do and have no ties and some money to survive on whilst you establish your self go for it.Last year i got talking to a guy who uses a british chippy to do work round his place in benissa he said he came out 3 years ago with nothing except the shirt on his back but he does a good days work of good quality he is reliable and honest ,if he wants to use him now he has to book him and wait,, for the right type of people there is work to be had.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 12:30 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Dear Lee

For a year you've asked much the same question on the forum, you said you had your own kitchen company in one post & was thinking of moving it to Spain.

With the greatest respect if you haven't found your answers in all that time it's debatable that you will. You seem to keep changing tact & I, for one, can't keep up. I'm sure you ARE a hard worker, many are but, if you read the forums I do, you'll read of many that have not reached retirement age that have young families who just can't make ends meet once moving to Spain, some have needed to leave after some years working all hours in Spain. 

The grass is not greener on the other side unless you are retired maybe (which you aren't) & I feel you really haven't done your homework, you just want to leave the UK & try another life.

Jobs are scarce, don't put yourself in a seriously bad situation.

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 11:26 PM by davmunster Star rating in Carvajal\Belfast. 843 posts Send private message

davmunster´s avatar

Interesting.....I guess, like me, most of the posters have not come to Spain hoping to earn a living as a painter \ decorator. My penny's worth is:

1) Good workers get their work by recommendation so even if you are good you have to be willing and able to take time to build one

2) There are a lot of people in southern Spain who want to work to top up their income and are willing to work for around 50€ a day. If you need to cover all your living expenses it is difficult to make enough to live comfortably

3) Many people we know who worked in the black\cash economy here have had to go back to the UK when they ran out of money.

David

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 10:43 AM by stant Star rating in cardiff wales. 48 posts Send private message

ive had lots of feed back from companies that Ive contacted and their seems to be lots of work in spain but spending time in the sun and getting drunk want find a job .im in wales and Ive got job interviews Lind up in spain from deliver work to cleaning and property maintenance if i can get this far then whots up with the 5 mill not in work or are they just British ?

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 2:07 PM by dartboy Star rating. 95 posts Send private message

i make dave right if your good at what you do and can afford to support yourself whilst you build a reputation then work will find its way to you,but don't make it hard for yourself by moving to an area with a high population of brits that are of a working age.try to find a place where the population has a high retired rate these are the ones you want to work for as they all talk to each other and have a stable income so know what they can afford to have done and when.with all ederly people they like honesty and reliability give them that and you won't fail.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Telefonica - Love 'em or hate 'em? - 11 posts
can anybody help,does anybody know tv installers on condado de alhama - 1 posts
Estilo Campo Restaurant, Fuengirola - 2 posts
tax on renting a property - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 2005 sawp for Cabriolet - 0 posts
What happens to deposit when tenant moves out early? - 4 posts
Camposol A & B - 3 posts
Hello, I'm new. Rental property owner in Orgiva (Granada) - 3 posts
Wanted: long term rental El Raso / Guardamar / La Zenia - 7 posts
I have just realised..... - 4 posts
sky hd box for sale - 1 posts
What's with the Weather lately???? - 28 posts
Nine words women use - 2 posts
Wanted: Merino wool pillows/ pillow cases - 3 posts
Capital gains tax - reassessment/valuation by tax office - 0 posts
JUSTIN: I am NOT receiving email notifications of new posts! - 29 posts
Great Singers who are National Icons - 0 posts
Furniture pack wanted - 5 posts
income tax - 14 posts
Worldwide Destinations Served by Malaga - 3 posts
Ref: apartment for sale- EOS team help needed! SP1176 - 1 posts
The government is worried .......... - 19 posts
pergola - 3 posts
Badminton Posts - 8 posts
Anyone else noticed ... - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x