Telefonica - Love 'em or hate 'em?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Jun 2010 12:00 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

I've heard horrendous stories about people's experiences with Telefonica, and we have our own personal tale of woe which I've just posted up on my EOS blog.

On the other hand, I know some people who are perfectly happy with them.

So I wonder, which are you, lover or hater?

Victoria

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 5:55 PM by Norm de Plume Star rating in North Tenerife and L.... 162 posts Send private message

Lot better now than they used to be.  I ordered a telephone in 1986 and was given a number.  It rang (at the exchange in Santa Cruz) but it was over 4 years before I actually got a line and a handset.  The chap down the road, who was living in his garage while his house was built, got one before me.  Since then I have been off line for considerable periods while I have tried to convince them that it was out of order.  However things have improved.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 6:48 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Norm,

That sounds like a catalogue of disasters... Glad to hear it's sorted!

Victoria

Chicken wrangler and NYT bestselling author of 'Chickens, Mules & Two Old Fools' and the Old Fools series. 

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 7:44 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

Telefoníca r scum.

The only good thing about them is the engineers, & they are contractors from ITETE.

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
10 Jun 2010 9:07 PM by Mercedes Sosa Star rating. 6 posts Send private message

Hi Victoria,

Telefonica is currently operating onder marketing name Movistar (mobile phones). Telefonica clients now receive bills under that name. They have improved themselves somewhat over the years. Before they were sole providers but not anymore. They have competition now.  Like other providers it might take a long time before they provide you with a landline or very quick, can't say. The staff at the department "atencion al cliente" or the client helpline like other providers as Ya(dot) com are mostly  from South America and although they sound friendly, they are not very bright and do not really solve problems. They keep you on the phone as long as possible. When they say they get back to you they almost never do......You need to be persistent and ask for someone who speaks English .

Good luck!

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 5:10 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Hello Mercedes,

Actually, it wasn't the connection that was the problem for us, it was the helping themselves to 1,000s of euros from our bank account that we objected to! That's why I posted the EOS blog about it yesterday. I hope our case is unusual.

Thanks for explaining how Telefonica works, though, very interesting.

Victoria

Like 0      
11 Jun 2010 6:50 PM by guslopez Star rating in Lorca, Murcia.. 745 posts Send private message

No it's not unusual at all. If you want to stop it tell them you are changing banks & that the bills need to be sent to your address for paying . That way you see the bill before you pay it & you get longer to pay!!!

Todos somos Lorca.

Like 0      
12 Jun 2010 6:41 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Very, very good advice, Guslopez. We'e now with another telephone company, and we have a set fee of 38 euros a month, so hopefully we won't discover our bank account emptied again...

Victoria

Like 0      
15 Jun 2010 11:06 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

I detest Telefonica with a vengeance.  They are the most incompetent bunch of bandits I have ever come across.  I have a long running dispute with them which I am being guided through by the Consumer Protection Board.  In a nutshell they installed Internet but tresspassed on my neighbours roof terrace to put the dish on his chimney after drilling 3 unnecessary holes in my lounge wall.  The internet didn't work anyway and when my neighbour saw the dish he took it down and placed it on my roof terrace.  Telefonica were then informed the next day to remove it.  They didn't turn up for 6 weeks to take it away and didn't disconnect the line for 7 months.  They are now trying to make me pay €400's (approx) for shoddy equipment and disgraceful workmanship that never worked.  Now I find they have blacklisted me in Spain for any credit.  I can't afford a solicitor, and who could I trust, so how am I supposed to fight them.  The lady at the Consumer Protection Board is only one person who has a great deal of work on her plate but she has been great. My wife has cancer so we don't need this extra stress how can they do this to people?

Like them, hate them?  I'll see them in hell first.

This message was last edited by orda on 15/06/2010.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 8:59 AM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Orda,

My heart goes out to you. Your story makes mine pale into insignificance. I do so hope you manage to get it sorted.

Victoria

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 2:20 PM by orda Star rating in Manilva Heights. 203 posts Send private message

orda´s avatar

Thanks Victoria I wasn't looking to upstage anyone and I wish you all the very best but I hope it makes people think twice about dealing with Telefonica.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 3:06 PM by Victoria Twead Star rating in Andalucia. 89 posts Send private message

Victoria Twead´s avatar

Believe me, Orda, I don't feel 'upstaged' in the slightest. At least we eventually got our problems sorted. I do hope you resolve your situation too, as soon as possible.

Victoria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

can anybody help,does anybody know tv installers on condado de alhama - 1 posts
Estilo Campo Restaurant, Fuengirola - 2 posts
tax on renting a property - 1 posts
Toyota RAV4 2005 sawp for Cabriolet - 0 posts
What happens to deposit when tenant moves out early? - 4 posts
Camposol A & B - 3 posts
Hello, I'm new. Rental property owner in Orgiva (Granada) - 3 posts
Wanted: long term rental El Raso / Guardamar / La Zenia - 7 posts
I have just realised..... - 4 posts
sky hd box for sale - 1 posts
What's with the Weather lately???? - 28 posts
Nine words women use - 2 posts
Wanted: Merino wool pillows/ pillow cases - 3 posts
Capital gains tax - reassessment/valuation by tax office - 0 posts
JUSTIN: I am NOT receiving email notifications of new posts! - 29 posts
Great Singers who are National Icons - 0 posts
Furniture pack wanted - 5 posts
income tax - 14 posts
Worldwide Destinations Served by Malaga - 3 posts
Ref: apartment for sale- EOS team help needed! SP1176 - 1 posts
The government is worried .......... - 19 posts
pergola - 3 posts
Badminton Posts - 8 posts
Anyone else noticed ... - 4 posts
Automatic Fiat Punto For Sale - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x