news from my solicitor

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jun 2007 12:51 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Posted by Georgia in Hi dinky Lo Crispin (cleaned up, added to & edited by me )

The land as you come into Lo Crispin (massive development by the motorway by Quesada) on the right is going to be developed into a Eroski out of town shopping complex?

The MASA Concrete factory is coming down and have been told to relocate by the end of the year to make way for the new shopping complex,with the old railway shelter coming down to make way for new landscaped gardens.

Not sure on the completion date for the mall but the plans are avaliable in the ayuntamiento at Algorfa, the concrete factory that is the main site must be gone by xmas so I presume that is when they are looking to start.

There is a golf course at permission stage at the top end of the Urb next to the power station but when that arrives is anyones guess.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 11:26 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Guys,

In Guardamar next week,starting from Monday they have a Medieval market with stallholders selling handcrafted goods,this is to celebrate and runs alongside the fiesta of the Moors and Christians.

On Monday and Tuesday starting ar approx 7pm there will be jesters,fireaters,birds of prey and snake acts(not sure about that one).

It is being presented and run by a proffesional events organiser so should be good fun.

Hope to see you there

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 12:48 PM by chelseadel Star rating in Welling kent & Las .... 155 posts Send private message

chelseadel´s avatar
Hi All.
I'm coming over for a week in Sept to check up on our build, and we're staying near Guardamar can anybody recommend some restaurants, and the best place to look for good quality furniture.
Thanks, Derek.

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 2:02 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Derek

Depends what you're looking for but we visited: http://www.furniture-zone.eu/ which was recommended on this website. We bought a lovey dining room suite and some other side tables etc. Not only was the quality first class, the price was extremely reasonable. They have pretty much everything you'll need.

Good luck

Irene

Like 0      
18 Jul 2007 2:13 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Derek,

I would also recomend furniture zone,they are very good and one of my friends owns it and is a decent guy.

He has been in the trade for some time and keeps his prices down.

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 1:34 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

August promises to be yet another memorable month for Guardamar.

Guardamar’s August calendar of events is now available and locals – and visitors - can enjoy a veritable feast of open-air concerts, cinema and charity events.

The ‘Reina Sofia’ park’s Auditorium provides the setting for all of the August events with film shows every Wednesday and Friday, throughout the month, at 10.30 p.m. 

The Wednesday showings are aimed at children and families and the Fridays, aimed more at adults.

All films are in Spanish and are free – and the public can enjoy a mixture of adventure, drama, comedy and science fiction – with titles such as ‘A Night in the Museum’, ‘Spiderman 2’ and ‘Little Miss Sunshine’.

‘Summer Nights – 2007’ is the aptly titled free open- air concert programme taking place on Saturdays 11th , 18th  and 25th  of August and additionally on Wednesday, 15th  of August.  All concerts begin at 10.30 p.m.

Music fans can enjoy a selection of concerts – both choral and lyrical   - a unique blend of choral interpretation, international artistes – with a touch of Mexico from the mariachi band   ‘Carros de Jalisco’. The final event of the ‘Summer Nights’ festival on August 25th  is a ‘cinema concert’ – a modern day spectacle recreating cinema with ‘live’ music as it used to be, when ‘moving pictures’ were first invented.

The 6th Annual Charity Gala also takes place in August. Guardamar’s Anti Cancer campaigning organisation – A.E.C.C. -   present their musical gala on Saturday 4th  August at 10 p.m.

A host of stars and celebrities are promised and tickets for the event go on sale to the public on Wednesday 1st  August from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. in the town square. Alternatively, you can purchase your ticket on the day of the concert at any of the kiosks in the Reina Sofia park.  Tickets cost 8€ and all funds raised are for charity.

The event promises to be a night of humour, music, dance, magic and ballet – a truly memorable event in the town’s summer calendar.

Contact  - Tourist Information   96 572 44 88

Information Provided by Guardamar Tourist Information Centre

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 11:03 PM by AuntieEm Star rating in Scarborough. 287 posts Send private message

AuntieEm´s avatar

thanks for all that info .. Guardamar sounds like the kind of place where i would like to live ... so i will be hot-footing it to Georgia's place in September to see what he has to offer (hopefully something in my price range!)

Like 0      
03 Aug 2007 11:56 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
RightMove Espana where Georgia works only charge 2% Em, too. That's excellent compared with most.

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 2:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Georgia, YOU could be famous internationally.

Hollywood hits Guardamar taken from http://www.coastrider.net/news_main.htm scroll down.

Today, Tuesday 28 August, Guardamar de Segura plays host as a casting venue for a Hollywood comedy film, “My Life in Ruins”, to be directed by Donald Petrie and produced by Hollywood Star, Tom Hanks.
Aspiring actors who have several days to spare for filming in September and October are welcome to attend today’s casting for extras. All nationalities are welcome between the ages of 20 and 65 but must be residents of the Vega Baja district and be able to produce a photocopy of an NIE or passport, and a Social Security number. Casting is taking place at Guardamar’s Casa de Cultura on Colon Street from 10am until 2pm, and again from 4.30pm until 8pm.
“My Life in Ruins” will be shot at the Alicante Cuidad de la Luz Studios and at various locations throughout the province, including Guardamar. The cast includes Richard Dreyfuss, famous for his roles in “Close Encounters of the Third Kind”, “Jaws” and “Poseidon”. The leading female role will be played by Nia Vardalos who starred in “My Big Fat Greek Wedding”. In this latest production, Ms Vardalos plays a beleaguered Greek tour guide.
Guardamar Town Hall collaborates with “Mediterránea Audición”, the agency in charge of auditions for this production. It was set up by local young people from Alicante and has already taken part in several productions such as “La Dama Boba”, “El Camino de los Ingleses”, “Lo que sé de Lola”, “Su Majestad Minor”, “lo Don Giovanni”, “Lolita´s Club”, “Garden of Eden” amongst others.
R Griffin

Like 0      
28 Aug 2007 4:17 PM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi More,

I am already infamous internationally!(that's what you said wasn't it)?

We have had the workmen in today fixing a water pipe in the ceiling,they have had the water off untill about 10 mins ago when they turned it back on and emptied about 200 gallons into next doors office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I guesss they hadn't fixed the pipe after all!!!! the worrying thing is the next office are on holiday untill next week,i do not want to be here when they open there shutters and get swept down to the beach!!!!!

I went to the auditions for a nosy but they said i was too high profile and would upstage Mr Dreyfuss.

You only have to shout shark!!!!! and he jumps a mile in the air!!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
09 Sep 2007 9:05 PM by luci Star rating in essex. 10 posts Send private message

hi guarsamar is lovely, really nice beach and shops. As for the lady waiting for a villa to be completed next mat-june dont hold your breath and i hope you never bought through palmera properties!!

Like 0      
29 Sep 2007 2:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Moors & Christians at Guardamar's festival 2007.

A few days ago we watched a great hour on SKY CH 293  Living In Spain. It was the Moors & Christians at Guardamar's festival 2007.

I see from Sky menu it is being repeated today 9.30 - 10.30pm UK time also tomorrow 3 - 4pm UK time.

Don't miss it if you've not had the chance to see it live. We hadn't seen it live, as we never go out to Spain in July, & found this was excellent.  Enjoy.

Like 0      
29 Sep 2007 2:59 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi More, yes we saw that in Gran Canaria on the Spanish Channel it is well worth watching in fact it was a brilliant channel have never seen it before.   Must see if I have it in Spain   Pat

Like 0      
29 Sep 2007 3:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Pat, it is, isn't it ?  Scroll right down to the bottom of the link & you'll see they have a forum where you can ask them to show things you're interested in etc. http://www.livinginspain.tv/index.htm

This message was last edited by morerosado on 9/29/2007.

Like 0      
06 Nov 2007 10:18 AM by georgia Star rating in Algorfa (As seen on .... 1835 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

georgia´s avatar

Hi Guys,

I found this for anyone who has never visited Guardamar before.

The reason i love coming to work everyday!!!

Regards

Georgia

Like 0      
10 Jan 2008 5:22 PM by Cliffyrmd Star rating in El Raso. 5 posts Send private message

Guardamar is a great place to live almost empty beaches nice people and lovely weather I recommend this area. Its very pretty nice parks salt lakes and friendly people

Like 0      
10 Jan 2008 5:35 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi cliffyrmd  Glad you made it here.  Of course it is, it has US, hasn't it ?!!!?

EOS

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/10/2008.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 1:06 AM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

You are lucky Georgia! At least its not too far away from me to visit eh More!

Julia

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 1:09 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar
Certainly isn't, Julia. You're welcome any time with Millie & Shannon. (In fact don't think of coming without them. )

Like 0      
27 Jan 2008 10:19 PM by jules1 Star rating in St Ives, Cambridgesh.... 264 posts Send private message

jules1´s avatar

Thanks More, will do!

Julia

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Las Palmeras de Calhonda - 0 posts
5 - 1/2 years and thought we had got there - 3 posts
Deed Value compared to house price - 50 posts
New Horizon Villas - 22 posts
san miguel de salinas - 1 posts
Selling Houses Abroad. C4 17.04.07 - 7 posts
Costa Blanca and Murcia Entertainment Agencies or anyone wanting Karaoke - 0 posts
driving license - 1 posts
What other bills should we expect!! - 3 posts
The more I read.......... - 6 posts
School fees.......... - 22 posts
broadband and telephone (torrevieja to san pedro) - 1 posts
Elegance Dona Julia. - 38 posts
If i get one more bloody phone call !!! grrrr - 6 posts
Help please - 3 posts
San Remo, Almoradi - 12 posts
car insurance - 3 posts
Direct ferries from Britian to Spain - 16 posts
The Bargain Property Experiment - 155 posts
Edwina - 4 posts
Tower cranes - 9 posts
Is this idea realistic? - 3 posts
Bank Guarantee. - 4 posts
Consider this before buying in Spain - 28 posts
Aifos running out of money - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 123

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x