Car Hire, Malaga Airport.

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by chills Star rating. 89 posts Send private message

Anyone got any ideas, as to the best and cheapest CAR HIRE from Malaga Airport itself, collect Full, return Full, Fuel Policy and no additional Insurance rip off?

Regards,

Chills

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 6:30 PM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

Try Marbesol car hire. We used to use record all the time but have found these to not only be a little bit cheaper but better service. There is laways someone in the arrivals hall to  meet you and take you to there office 2 or 3 mins away. We like this better as you usually have to queue for up to an hour with the airport based companies. Also it does state on their website that fuel policy is full/empty but this is not the case as the four times we have used them its full/full.

We have booked a medium sized car for 15th to 22nd feb for £87.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2010 7:11 PM by CostaChris Star rating in Yorkshire and Arroyo.... 38 posts Send private message

Hi,  You've asked for cheapest and best and maybe it's difficult to have both in one. I have found DoYouSpain to be one of the cheapest and most reliable. They act as an agent sub-contracting your booking to many of the large car hire companies at Malaga. I've been allocated to Record and what used to be Crown, I think it's now Aguira Crown, to name just two. 

More recently I've joined Helle Hollis owners club (they also have a frequent users club for holidaymakers). Overall they seem to me to be very good. Quick transfers to their garage and rapid service. Cars are well maintained and the staff and very friendly and helpful. This would be my preferred choice.

Hope that helps

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 7:23 AM by brianjackson Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

For  a few years I trawled the Internet for the cheapest only to find that a few hundred other people arriving at the same time had also found the cheapest !  We have waited over 2 hours - with kids !!! - in the underground dungeon at Malaga Airport.

We then were pointed in the direction of RentACar3000.  You can Google it.

We now collect our cases and are met by someone from rentacar - no need to go to their offices, the car is there for you in the carpark.  Five mins later we are off on the open road.  It's great !

I must point out I have no connection with this company, other than as a satisfied customer.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 9:28 AM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

There is another thread running with a similar question relating to Alicante. I think Marbesol maybe full/empty now, but I was unable to find a fuel policy on their web site. I followed a tip on the other thread:

Search on DoYouSpain, this by default does not show the fuel policy. Find the car you want and select the option to send the quote to your email. That tells you who the hire is with, and in some cases what the fuel policy is.

I used this last night and booked a Ford Fusion for 5 days next week in Malaga. Cost is 62€ and the booking form states the fuel policy is full/full. This is with Auriga Crown. I'll let you know if all runs smooth.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 12:02 PM by slacey99 Star rating in Dorset and Duquesa w.... 276 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter
slacey99´s avatar

Try www.hirecarsinspain.com  they have very good prices and a half / half fuel policy.  Well worth a look

Steve

www.duquesa-village.com

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 12:28 PM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

I emailed Marbesol to question there fuel policy as i stated before that when i have hired it has always been Full/Full. I got this response.

Dear Client,

The fuel policy for the direct client Marbesol is always the same full/ full or half/ half is not changed.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 3:20 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Thanks Crispy, I will bear that in mind for next time. I always filter at web site level and if the information is not available there I move on.

Dave

PS Are you the one that Justin raves about your fish and chips? If so I must make a visit next time over.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 3:38 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Steve, another one for me to consider, but for next week is 50% higher on cost.

Dave

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 4:25 PM by LadyV Star rating. 22 posts Send private message

One of my customers has found a cheap web site for car which may be of interest to people looking for price only type car hire.

decodecarhire

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 5:07 PM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

Justin and his family have visited in the past when they have been in Fuengirola. He has also paid nice compliments to both my food and service at the restaurant.

Please do pay us a visit next time you are over.

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 6:39 PM by fultond Star rating in Haywards Heath & Tor.... 242 posts Send private message

Will do, where abouts are you in Fuengirola?

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 11:56 PM by Crispy Cod Star rating in Fuengirola. 28 posts Send private message

Crispy Cod´s avatar

We are on the paseo maritimo in front of the hotel pyramedes. This is towards the castle end of the paseo. We are open everyday 1pm to 10.30pm

Look forward to seeing you

Like 0      
19 Aug 2010 8:11 AM by david becket Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - SPAM **

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Hertz Car Hire - 6 posts
Great Builder found in Benalmadena !! - 6 posts
ALMERIA AIRPORT - 9 posts
Time For Money To Be Released By Courts - 3 posts
Free wifi in Estepona area? - 2 posts
residents certificate for 94 year old - 3 posts
Animal lovers - 3 posts
Okay, so what's the best way to ask for Beer??? - 46 posts
Ryanair's latest cost cutting?? - 6 posts
Granting of Habertation Certificate - 4 posts
Malaga Airport (AGP) T3 Official Opening - 4 posts
proposed roue railway San Pedro to Estepona - 0 posts
work - 0 posts
Aluminium Box Trailer with secure lid for sale - 1 posts
Credit/Debit Card Scam - 1 posts
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR NIE - 20 posts
Autumn Bookings P&O Ferries Portsmouth/Bilbao Cancelled - 1 posts
Fiscal Fees????? - 4 posts
Delete an inactive blog - 2 posts
Armchair required - 0 posts
Being a Teacher (Piano) ? - 2 posts
Flight Delays - 2 posts
Driving an open-topped car with a baby.... - 3 posts
snowboarding - 1 posts
best tapas on costa del sol - 17 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x