Hi I'm Maureen - Bought apartment in Torrievieja

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by 17lamata Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Still bamboozled!! if thats the right word by all the legalities of spain. 

Just learned about the wealth/income tax and not from a solicitor!!!

Trying to find out best way to complete form 210.   Can anyone help with my question of how do I work out how much I pay and where do I pay it?????

Thanx.  Mo

Like 0      
11 Feb 2010 1:46 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Hi Mo & welcome.  There is plenty of advice on this site about completing form 210 especially if you want to do it yourself.  Obviously if you speak/read Spanish it should be no problem for you.  If you don't, I'm sure that someone will give you more than adequate advice on where and whom to go to.

Good luck!!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2010 1:46 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Hi Mo & welcome.  There is plenty of advice on this site about completing form 210 especially if you want to do it yourself.  Obviously if you speak/read Spanish it should be no problem for you.  If you don't, I'm sure that someone will give you more than adequate advice on where and whom to go to.

Good luck!!

Like 0      
11 Feb 2010 8:19 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Depends on how long you've owned your apartment as Income Tax as it is now called is paid in arrears. 

As non residents we have to pay 2 taxes, the first one wealth tax was set to 0% with effect from 1st Jan 2008 so last year we didn't have to pay it.  It may be ressurrected at a later date so look out for any news reports.

The second used to be known as La Renta but is now called Income Tax.  This is worked out on the Cadastral Value given on your Suma Bill (September).

How this calculated is explained in detail in the section further down under Living in Spain....Income Tax, there are also people listed on there who will fill in the form for you.

My solicitor used to complete this form for me but as the yearly amount I pay works out less than the amount charged, I too will be looking at either doing it for myself or using someone else.

Like 0      
11 Feb 2010 9:03 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi mo left private message Irene

Like 0      
12 Feb 2010 10:37 PM by semijubilada Star rating in London/Torrevieja. 1052 posts Send private message

Can new members pick up PM's I thought that you had to have at least 10 posts before you can receive or send PM's.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Dacion el pago - handing back the keys - 8 posts
Hi there...I´m new here :-) - 5 posts
Speeding Fine - Please help - 3 posts
Switching your keyboard from English to Spanish - 9 posts
Car Hire, Malaga Airport. - 13 posts
Hertz Car Hire - 6 posts
Great Builder found in Benalmadena !! - 6 posts
ALMERIA AIRPORT - 9 posts
Time For Money To Be Released By Courts - 3 posts
Free wifi in Estepona area? - 2 posts
residents certificate for 94 year old - 3 posts
Animal lovers - 3 posts
Okay, so what's the best way to ask for Beer??? - 46 posts
Ryanair's latest cost cutting?? - 6 posts
Granting of Habertation Certificate - 4 posts
Malaga Airport (AGP) T3 Official Opening - 4 posts
proposed roue railway San Pedro to Estepona - 0 posts
work - 0 posts
Aluminium Box Trailer with secure lid for sale - 1 posts
Credit/Debit Card Scam - 1 posts
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR NIE - 20 posts
Autumn Bookings P&O Ferries Portsmouth/Bilbao Cancelled - 1 posts
Fiscal Fees????? - 4 posts
Delete an inactive blog - 2 posts
Armchair required - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x