Great Builder found in Benalmadena !!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Feb 2010 12:00 AM by chesarina Star rating in U K & Costa del Sol.. 33 posts Send private message

We have just had our entire apartment floor retiled ,and bathroom reformed by a super builder based here in Benalmadena  ( Though he does travel )

He is a perfectionist and a hard worker, who for as far as we were concerned turned up as promised and finished when promised .  He was able to help us with our choices and happy to pass on his discounts to us.  His prices are extremely competitive, and we feel happy to have found him ,and now have him on our list for all further needs . He is a  charming family man  who has been in Spain for quite a few years , he speaks very good Spanish and English .

pm me for telephone numer and details 

Chesarina 

Like 0      
24 Jan 2012 7:37 PM by jilldek Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Looking for great builder/ tiler English speaking to do some repairs in Benalmadena area.

Like 0      
25 Jan 2012 3:45 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

Sorry to be boring for those who have read similar posts by me in the past, but it is important.

If you are carrying out ANY work in your property, you MUST HAVE a licence from the town hall. It is the owners responsibility.

A friend of mine was fined heavily for having his kitchen re-tiled by a ‘bob the builder’ coincidentally it was in Benalmadena, as he did not have a licence.  His excuse that he thought the person he had contracted to do the work should have got the licence was rejected.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2012 3:22 AM by Swingles Casas Star rating in malaga. 6 posts Send private message

Swingles Casas´s avatar

Johnzx is correct when pointing out that it is the owners responsibility. however, Having had my building company running in Spain for 10 years now . I have never heard of sombody being fined for ' re-tiling' a kitchen. He is right that you would need a liscense for such work. in Spain you need a licence for painting your house or any other miner repairs ( obra minor) this liscense is around 6% of your works total costs. So you could say that to paint your house will cost you only 200 euros and pay just 12 euros for that lisence. but at the end of the day you have a bit of paper to show the police when they knock at your door and they will leave you to paint your house and tile the kitchen, fit new windows, new shower, floor tiles etc. etc...  I have only ever had police stop me to check paperwork and lisences on one job in 10 years in Spain and that was because our client had upset a neighbour. 

If anyone would like to take advantage of our services and low cost quality work, then please feel free to contact us.

I know eyeonspain will probably delete this for self promoting . which would be a real loss for their readers. But you would only have to google swinglescasas to find out all about us?

Here is how we have lasted In Spain for 10 Years.

1 We are honest and reliable

2  We may not be the cheapest builders in Spain but we are a legal company that guarantee our work  pay our taxes ( also we are here long term with families to feed , not just for cheap beer. If we say we will be there at 8 o'clock , then we are there at 8 o'clock.

3  How many builders do you know that are still working? Swingles Casas have been very busy over the past two years. this has been because most builders have had to go back to the UK because they have had no work and we have had to take on the excess work. ( which we don't mind) We are surviving the curent hard times with most of our work coming from recommendation, as always.

4 We only give Quotations, Not estimates. This means that the price you expect to pay is the price you pay. You won't get a final bill for extra sockets...... I would point out at this point that this is why we will not always be the cheapest builders( see nº 2 ) as we quote work correctly. You Get what you pay for Springs to mind.

5  With every new Quotation, we supply a contact list of past and preasent clients for the new client to contact in their free time and ask about their experiances with Swingles Casas. How many builders Can do that?

6  We have never taken more than a 10 % deposit for any work . Why would any builder need to? We take money in stage payments which keeps both us and the client happy.

If anyone would like to know anymore Information about Swingles Casas . You could visit our website by typing our name in your browser. .

If you have managed to read this then I would like to thank EyeonSpain for allowing me to voice my comments without them being deleted for self promotion ( which I know this Is . But it is also Very true and honest ) If eyeonSpain would Like to verify my statements by contacting many of my clients, then I would Gladly supply a list a current and past clients over the past 10 years.

Thanks All

Glenn Swingle

of swingles casas

Like 0      
03 Mar 2012 4:17 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

My post was :

A friend of mine was fined heavily for having his kitchen re-tiled by a ‘bob the builder’ coincidentally it was in Benalmadena, as he did not have a licence.  His excuse that he thought the person he had contracted to do the work should have got the licence was rejected.

I did not invent the story. 

As Mr Swingles (been in Spain ten years against my 24) says, it is a legal requirement, but if you are persuaded by him saying he has never been caught, then don’t bother, but don’t complain either if you get fined (in this time when town halls are desperately looking to raise funds).

Incidentally I did negotiate on my friends behalf with the town hall and got his fine reduced.

Like 0      
03 Mar 2012 4:59 AM by Swingles Casas Star rating in malaga. 6 posts Send private message

Swingles Casas´s avatar

Sorry If My reply to your Post offended you Johnzx . I was not suggesting that you invented the story, Nor was I suggesting that home owners have work carried out on their properties without the legal paperwork. I was trying to point out that there is a right and a wrong way... and then there is the spanish way. I have never been caught as I have done nothing wrong, So what is there to be 'caught' for?    my company is 100% legal with all taxes and insurance paid.

We always Tell clients that they need a liscence for any work. what ever the work may be.

and good for you for negotiating and geting that fine at a reduced cost.

If you are wondering why I am replying to your coment at 4.30 in the morning its because I am in the process of typing out '50 uses for lemons'  for my website It will be live in the next few days. you should take a look .

Glenn Swingle

Swingles Casa

Like 0      
03 Mar 2012 7:15 AM by johnzx Star rating in Spain. 5242 posts Send private message

You did not offend me but I never understand the point of saying anything which might encourage anyone not to do things the legal way.

To say that only once in 10 years you been asked for a licence,  implies the chance of it happening is almost  nil, therefore, some might be tempted not to bother.

I had a similar exchange a few months ago about the obligation for non resident property owners to pay the tax. An ‘expert’ of many years said that in effect it was a voluntary tax which no one ever gets caught for not paying. Since then as we read the Hacienda have been catching up with such non payers. The ‘expert’ has stopped posting !

As for time. I am in Penang at present so its 2 pm here now.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

ALMERIA AIRPORT - 9 posts
Time For Money To Be Released By Courts - 3 posts
Free wifi in Estepona area? - 2 posts
residents certificate for 94 year old - 3 posts
Animal lovers - 3 posts
Okay, so what's the best way to ask for Beer??? - 46 posts
Ryanair's latest cost cutting?? - 6 posts
Granting of Habertation Certificate - 4 posts
Malaga Airport (AGP) T3 Official Opening - 4 posts
proposed roue railway San Pedro to Estepona - 0 posts
work - 0 posts
Aluminium Box Trailer with secure lid for sale - 1 posts
Credit/Debit Card Scam - 1 posts
INFORMATION NEEDED FOR NIE - 20 posts
Autumn Bookings P&O Ferries Portsmouth/Bilbao Cancelled - 1 posts
Fiscal Fees????? - 4 posts
Delete an inactive blog - 2 posts
Armchair required - 0 posts
Being a Teacher (Piano) ? - 2 posts
Flight Delays - 2 posts
Driving an open-topped car with a baby.... - 3 posts
snowboarding - 1 posts
best tapas on costa del sol - 17 posts
Paying money into Spanish Bank Account - 50 posts
Cheapest way to play golf in The Costa del sol - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x