Offset Mortgages

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Apr 2007 12:00 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Can anyone advise on whether such a product exists in Spain. I am with Banco Andalucia at the moment. I remember in Smiley's interview with Justin him saying that the products on offer in Spain were a good few years behind the UK but wondered if this was now possible.

thanks

Regards

John

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 6:01 PM by colesfamilywales Star rating in Pontypridd. 75 posts Send private message

Hi John

I am also searching/waiting for this product to enter the Spanish market...I have used the Intelligent Finance product here in the UK since 1992, excellent method of saving....can also see it useful at certain times when taxes needs to evaluated...increase or reduce mortgage valuation when it suits.

Anthony

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 6:02 PM by Gillespie Star rating in Costa Calida Area. 608 posts Send private message

Gillespie´s avatar
JC you might not get an answer from smiley for a while, he´ll be out dancing a jig at the thought of one less competitor. However if you send me your details I´ll knock up an application for you on my scanner I´ll put you down as earning 100,000€ a week and run off a couple of convincing payslips if you want!!

Business advice and consultancy - Visit www.calidain2business.com

Calida in2 Business - Spanish Property Clearance.

www.spanishpropertyclearance.com

Like 0      
13 Apr 2007 10:08 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi JC and coles family - stil no such thing as you know it in sunny España although there is a "similar" product - mortgage lending here is a lot more conservative in Spain as the rules are laid down by the Central Bank which is still considered to be lender of last resort for mortgages - to all intents and purposes it doesnt matter who you borrow the money from the Bank of Spain considers it to be theirs. There are many speculators out there just waiting for the day we have a true "Buy to Let" mortgage product here - personally I doubt it will be in my lifetime. Highly unlikely also is the offset product as you know it - the Spanish attitude is to own yoiur home outright as quickly as possible - they are not really familiar with money management and the idea of flexibility for changing circumstances. 

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

FRAUDULENT MORTGAGE BROKER NICKED AT NOTARY - 8 posts
Anyone buying on Royal Dreams Site in Albudeite? - 8 posts
understanding spanish written word - 5 posts
EMERGENCY GAS ENGINEERS - 11 posts
Joinery work in Spain - 6 posts
Sold Again!!! - 3 posts
Solo hablamos español por favor - 50 posts
Spanish ONLY in here PLEASE. - 35 posts
Computer problem!!! - 14 posts
Lanzarote Villa - damp problem - 0 posts
Buy/Register Car in Gib and run in Spain - 5 posts
arenal 2000 benalmadena golf - 10 posts
For you men out there - 94 posts
A note of caution - 10 posts
Military/Service Pensions - 3 posts
Car Trailer For Sale - 2 posts
Alcaidesa - 3 posts
does anyone know.... - 15 posts
Homefirst Properties - 28 posts
Funniest Client Enquiries - 32 posts
My broken fridge freezer!! - 35 posts
Note of Caution - 26 posts
Aircon info needed, please. - 6 posts
Selling homes abroad Channel 4 - 22 posts
Deposit returned - 18 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x