Martes y trece...unlucky for some

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Just thought I'd mention this for those of a superstitious nature out there....

Today is Tuesday 13th.  In Spain this is the equivalent of Friday 13th as we know it.

It's "martes y trece" here....

Anyone out there superstitious?

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 10:20 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

You read my mind or I did yours Justin, I was about to ask Luis to explain the origin of this tradition in his blog now.

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 10:37 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Well, it may be unlucky for some but not for me.  I've just won 2.5 million dollars!  See this email I received today:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATTN: Lucky Winner

We are pleased to notify you the "Winner" of our Internet Lottery draws. This is a reward program for the patronage of internet services and all email addresses entered for this promotional draws were randomly selected from an internet resource database of of registered software and domain users.

Reference Number: NLS 11 EU 2009
e-ticket number: 765-45556453 098
Category: A
Amount: $2,500,000.00 (Two Million, Five Hundred Thousand Dollars)

You may wish to establish contact with your claims agent via e-mail with the particulars presented below:

CLAIMS AGENT.
Name: Martins Ward
Tel::+31 619 551 210
Email: dptclnl2009@yahoo.cn

In line with the governing rules of claim, you are requested to furnish your claims agent With the following information:

1. Full names
2. Address
3. Occupation
4. Tel/Fax
5. Nationality
6.  Winning Reference Number

Yours faithfully,
Muligan James
Promotions Co-ordinator

-----------------------------------------------

I'm off to buy my Lamborghini.

See ya.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 12:35 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

Justin

well i'm so glad to hear that such a fine upstanding and totally wonderfully generous, gracious 'salt of the earth' and very deserving person should win a lottery.

.......now about that pair of Lamborghinis!!!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 1:12 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Justin

They forgot to mention your bank details as well

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 1:42 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

You also Justin!

I won last month... and two months before that I won!

On both times I'd won exactly the same amount as you... and I think it was exactly the same e-ticket number... amazing stroke of luck... wouldn't you say!!!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 2:05 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

TechNoApe

well done you also, what a stroke of luck. This is fabulous, I've a good mind to put it on the 'happy stories only'  thread.

I haven't won yet, but I have been told by a very nice Prince Bongawombahoo from Nigeria that if I just put £1000,00 in to a bank account and let him have all my bank details, that he will fund the account with a million pounds that is half of what he has had left him by his great uncle, and needs safe keeping.

I'm just off to the bank now, how could I refuse such a gift??

''martes y trece''......bring it on I say!!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 2:10 PM by floella Star rating in SE Spain. 805 posts Send private message

And there was I thinking I was the "lucky" one 'cos I had won 995,000.

Point of contact doesn't ask for bank details. so wonder can it be located just using the info one is requested to supply ???? 

OR will that come later with the details of my journey to  Outer Mongolia to collect the winnings !!!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 2:32 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

floella

please be careful!  If they don't ask you for your bank details with at least a thousand pounds (that they can add to) there could be something dodgy going on?  Justin's lottery win sounds far more reliable!!

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Blue Palm, Marbella - 5 posts
Empadronamiento - 17 posts
Why Hate Ryanair - 3 posts
Thinking of moving to Guardemar Del Segura - 0 posts
Valencia Rejects Ryanair - 0 posts
QSD - 8 posts
test your Spanish & help feed the world - 11 posts
SIESTA TV - 10 posts
Non resident income tax: 1.1% or 2% of cadastral value? - 0 posts
Breakdown Assistance with Car Hire - 3 posts
TGS GOLF SOCIETY EVENT/FUN DAY - 0 posts
House sign in Spanish - 3 posts
Atlas international did the same in Turkey - 0 posts
Does Anyone know What is Happening at Corvera Airport. - 10 posts
car insurance recommendations - 5 posts
Does anyone know what has happened to agents "Easy Andalucia" - 2 posts
Community Web Sites - 3 posts
Wealth Tax - Help!! - 4 posts
Monday Oct 12: Spain National Day - 0 posts
valoracion catastral construccion - 1 posts
Can Anyone Help Please? - 1 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Low rate spanish mortgages.com - 2 posts
Why is the Euribor rising again? - 19 posts
Two single beds FREE - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x