test your Spanish & help feed the world

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Came across a review of this site today. Stephen Fry is a fan, so it must be good!

Good fun, but also helpful in different ways. On the homepage, select "change subject" and look for Spanish language. Test your knowledge of Spanish words by selecting multiple choice options. They'll get gradually harder as you play (unless you keep getting them wrong!) and each time you answer, you'll be donating 10 grains of rice to the UN World Food Program. Everybody wins!

www.freerice.com

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
11 Oct 2009 3:05 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

Great fun! And I didn't realise I knew so many spanish words!

Like 0      
11 Oct 2009 7:39 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

managed 1000 grains good way to learn and help at the same time

Kathy

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 7:11 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

That's brilliant.  I have managed to donate 1200 grains of rice.

Everyone should try this out as it's for such a good cause.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 8:19 PM by llamacalmer Star rating in Surrey & La Torre. 318 posts Send private message

llamacalmer´s avatar

Had a very boring afternoon, so  managed 6100 grains of rice!

R
osemary

Owner of  8 stray Spanish mutts

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 10:02 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I think that this is a great way of raising money - and you can do it in the comfort of your own home!!!

I tried the English one - and got up to around 6,000 grains of rice -

and modesty forbids me from saying it (ummm) but when you get up to 10,000 grains of rice (the Spanish one) the message is

"You have donated 10,000 grains of rice.  WoW! Now THAT is impressive!!!

Could this be a case of throwing down the gauntlet???? and all for a good cause.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 10:03 PM by abbbb1 Star rating in Essex and Ciudad Que.... 306 posts Send private message

abbbb1´s avatar

I think that this is a great way of raising money - and you can do it in the comfort of your own home!!!

I tried the English one - and got up to around 6,000 grains of rice -

and modesty forbids me from saying it (ummm) but when you get up to 10,000 grains of rice (the Spanish one) the message is

"You have donated 10,000 grains of rice.  WoW! Now THAT is impressive!!!

Could this be a case of throwing down the gauntlet???? and all for a good cause.

Home
is where the heart is!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 1:27 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

JUstin:

I am going to try now and send the link to friends but... as you are a techno-internet guy.... how is this possible?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
02 Nov 2009 12:57 PM by chamorroluisa0904 Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

This is too difficult for me by now

Like 0      
05 Jan 2010 3:44 PM by SpanishTogs Star rating in Gales. 174 posts Send private message

Brilliant - Many Thanks.  I actually discovered this site over a year ago when I was still working and kept myself  occupied and looking busy  in quiet periods.  What I didn't find was the Spanish link  which will now give me another hobby instead of on-line Canasta in early retirement!

Happy New Year To All Members of EOS

Like 0      
06 Jan 2010 5:28 PM by claire T Star rating in Torremendo, Orihuela. 688 posts Send private message

EOS Supporter

What a great idea!  Discovered that my spanish vocab isn't as bad as I thought.  I'm sure this will quickly replace by evening games of Ma Jong on the computer!

Like 0      
18 Jul 2010 2:41 PM by JazII Star rating in Mar Menor and UK. 133 posts Send private message

JazII´s avatar

You're right, this is a cool site; I had a quick go and so far I've reached 1030 still on level 10.....thank god I've not forgotten too much Spanish   Sadly I have to stop now as I've got to clean the house 

This message was last edited by JazII on 18/07/2010.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

SIESTA TV - 10 posts
Non resident income tax: 1.1% or 2% of cadastral value? - 0 posts
Breakdown Assistance with Car Hire - 3 posts
TGS GOLF SOCIETY EVENT/FUN DAY - 0 posts
House sign in Spanish - 3 posts
Atlas international did the same in Turkey - 0 posts
Does Anyone know What is Happening at Corvera Airport. - 10 posts
car insurance recommendations - 5 posts
Does anyone know what has happened to agents "Easy Andalucia" - 2 posts
Community Web Sites - 3 posts
Wealth Tax - Help!! - 4 posts
Monday Oct 12: Spain National Day - 0 posts
valoracion catastral construccion - 1 posts
Can Anyone Help Please? - 1 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Low rate spanish mortgages.com - 2 posts
Why is the Euribor rising again? - 19 posts
Two single beds FREE - 0 posts
Harbour Lights - 0 posts
Moors and Christians in Rojales 2010 - 0 posts
Fellow residents in Marbella area requiring qualified IT person - 0 posts
Trail Bike Hire - 0 posts
Travel Cot For Sale - 0 posts
Mobile Hairdressers ???? - 0 posts
Moving to Andalucia - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x