SIESTA TV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
11 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

I wish to take it on myself to say “I WANT SIESTA TV BACK" I realize it’s expensive to host so my question is to all the people who enjoyed it so much. What ideas can we put forward to the EOS team?  Anyone out there who could sponsor? Siesta TV is needed here and we can all see that from the worldwide response. Um, before I go on and on, of course if Justin and Susan are willing to take on the hard work and long hours involved in running such a venture. If there is any possibility of this happening? I offer a stretch limousine four wheel drive 14 seater for the first show to do some publicity. I was taken for a drive and though embarrassed at first really was funny to see the public’s response. Especially the local Spaniard, everyone on the street stops, stares and points. The kids really reacted. Even if we are in a crisis it was a moment of fun for those in the inside and on the road. That was just a show in itself. It is no ordinary limo. Oh by the way I will ask the owner.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
11 Oct 2009 10:35 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Couldn't the videos be hosted on Youtube? Keeps the bandwidth costs down.

Mark

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 1:00 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hello. Some are on UTube. I think the cost is also in making the programs. I would be happy with one a week.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 6:15 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Thanks Myra...although not sure about the limo! 

The truth is that we do plan on doing some more videos but it's just on hold at the moment.  We were so wrapped up in the show for the first half of the year that I took my eye off the ball in terms of how to pay for it all.  The hosting isn't a big cost, it's the time and resources required to put it together that is expensive.

We also weren't getting enough views to justify the massive cost and although they were all free and not too bad considering we'd never done anything like it before, we did receive quite a bit of criticism and constant unappreciative comments.

Even though I'm not normally bothered by things like this, all things considered, there seemed little point in continuing with the format.

I think the number of responses to this thread also shows that in general people aren't too bothered that we're not doing it at the moment.

But like I said, we'll be back!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 6:33 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I must be honest Justin, I never watched any of them . That said, my connection at the time was a flaky 2meg which could drop to 1/4 meg in peak. I also had a limited amount of bandwidth as I am a cheapskate and didn't want to pay for more. That said, I have changed isp's today.I currently now have a 3 meg connection and unlimited bandwidth, so I may be able to watch them now .

Mark

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 7:44 PM by Poppyseed Star rating. 897 posts Send private message

I thought Siesta TV was great and would love to see it back.

Regards, Poppyseed

Poppyseed

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 8:11 PM by ed.enchant Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I really miss the shows. It would be great to see them back again.

Justin, why not just once a week if they are time-consuming to make?

Or shoot a long one and show 10 minutes each week?

Ed

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 8:12 PM by ed.enchant Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

I really miss the shows. It would be great to see them back again. Justin, why not just once a week if they are time-consuming to make?  Or shoot a long one and show 10 minutes each week?

This message was last edited by EOS Team on 12/10/2009.

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 8:32 PM by Tom2009 Star rating in Axarquia. 11 posts Send private message

Tom2009´s avatar

I too enjoyed Siesta Tv and thought it was a great feature on the site.
I kept coming back to watch every episode and thought it was great way to show the what is its really like living in Spain, with lots of great information.
I never understand why people leave criticizing comments or negative posts especially when providing a free service.

Keep up the great work Justin and Susan , it's most appreciated.
Hope to see you back up on your videos soon.

Thanks, Tom.

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 1:33 PM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

I also loved the siesta shows and miss them very much, bring them back Justin and Susan.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 2:01 PM by Mr Fish Star rating in Chester / LA. 39 posts Send private message

Same here. I enjoyed all of the episodes. Maybe one every day was too ambitious as it must have taken a lot of time and effort. But I really enjoyed them all and I'm glad that you haven't abandoned the idea completely.

Like 0      
23 Oct 2009 3:33 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

I too enjoyed all the episodes as I used to live in the area, and they were quite instrumental in my purchase of a property.

I've just read some other threads about English people not speaking the Spanish language. Occurs to me that alot of people maybe in the same boat as myself in that, they speak Spanish quite well, or can get by. but because I/we are not in Spain 24/7 listening and hearing what people say is quite difficult which makes them reluctant to use it.

So.. maybe one idea could be to do Spanish course even on a subscription if there was enough takers. Theres only so many times you can listen to the BBC website and ask where the hotel is - 'donde esta el Hotel' -  yep learnt that one!!!

The siesta show was about real life, so why not real Spanish

Thoughts anyone?

Phil

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Non resident income tax: 1.1% or 2% of cadastral value? - 0 posts
Breakdown Assistance with Car Hire - 3 posts
TGS GOLF SOCIETY EVENT/FUN DAY - 0 posts
House sign in Spanish - 3 posts
Atlas international did the same in Turkey - 0 posts
Does Anyone know What is Happening at Corvera Airport. - 10 posts
car insurance recommendations - 5 posts
Does anyone know what has happened to agents "Easy Andalucia" - 2 posts
Community Web Sites - 3 posts
Wealth Tax - Help!! - 4 posts
Monday Oct 12: Spain National Day - 0 posts
valoracion catastral construccion - 1 posts
Can Anyone Help Please? - 1 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Low rate spanish mortgages.com - 2 posts
Why is the Euribor rising again? - 19 posts
Two single beds FREE - 0 posts
Harbour Lights - 0 posts
Moors and Christians in Rojales 2010 - 0 posts
Fellow residents in Marbella area requiring qualified IT person - 0 posts
Trail Bike Hire - 0 posts
Travel Cot For Sale - 0 posts
Mobile Hairdressers ???? - 0 posts
Moving to Andalucia - 1 posts
rental company worker - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x