Community Web Sites

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
10 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Our President has decided to get involved with the development of a Community Web Site.

I wanted to ask advice from members who have been through this process and now have great Site?

Justin, I recall that you were intending to develop a template for each EOS Community to use. Can you help at all, we don't mind paying a "Modest Fee"

Any advice would be appreciated........................

Mike T

Like 0      
10 Oct 2009 3:12 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have just set up  community forum for our urb. Domains are pretty cheap (.eu from £5 per year), you can get free forum software (phpBB, IP Board, SMF, etc) and there are plenty of free webspace providers out there where you can set it up. It has been voted on by our (currently only 20 odd members of which 5 voted!!) that the boards should also only be visible to registered owners, therefore keeping search engines out of the private business of the community.

Mark

Like 0      
10 Oct 2009 4:48 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Thanks for your Reply Mark,

We are fairly Clued up about Domains and Hosting and Generally the type of content we want to include.

I'm trying to get the message over to our President how a well developed sites look and the importance of having a good background database to keep our options flexible. We shall keep a Secure part of the site for Owners Only matters including access to an Owner's  Forum.

We are quite fortunate that most of our owners are very friendly! No Bitching will be allowed on our Forums!!

Mike T

Like 0      
10 Oct 2009 10:28 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

If you can go with a content management software like joomla and others as if you want you can have various people contributing articles

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Wealth Tax - Help!! - 4 posts
Monday Oct 12: Spain National Day - 0 posts
valoracion catastral construccion - 1 posts
Can Anyone Help Please? - 1 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Low rate spanish mortgages.com - 2 posts
Why is the Euribor rising again? - 19 posts
Two single beds FREE - 0 posts
Harbour Lights - 0 posts
Moors and Christians in Rojales 2010 - 0 posts
Fellow residents in Marbella area requiring qualified IT person - 0 posts
Trail Bike Hire - 0 posts
Travel Cot For Sale - 0 posts
Mobile Hairdressers ???? - 0 posts
Moving to Andalucia - 1 posts
rental company worker - 1 posts
are you looking for a reliable carpenter/joiner - 2 posts
moving in 4 months - 8 posts
driving to spain - 21 posts
how to get my deposit back from rental agent - 5 posts
camposol - 5 posts
Is living in Spain really that bad now??? - 714 posts
Certificate of habitation price question - 3 posts
Certificate of habitation question, Alicante - 4 posts
Want a short break in Benidorm - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x