Why Hate Ryanair

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
12 Oct 2009 12:00 AM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Just thought I'd post to let anyone know who might be interested, Panorama tonight BBC 1, 8.30 UK time is Called Why hate Ryanair. I suspect we may be informed on many things we already know.

Bob

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 4:30 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Ryanair's take on the whole Panorama thing: First BBC Panorama Censors The Truth, Now It Tells Lies

Mark

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 4:41 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1112 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi;

I get the distinct impression that this is going to be another quote 'hatchet job' unquote by the BBC's Panorama team.

Love 'em or hate 'em Ryanair are here to stay. I for one hate the way he does business and the fact that he has been refused an £11.1M subsidy by the Valencian Government to re-introduce services to Valencia just underlines his business methods. He has a record of pulling services whenever local governments refuse to kow- tow to his demands. This has been proven on many other occasions, as in Blackpool and Fuerteventura for example.

Indirectly it could be suggested that the subsidies paid to Ryanair to maintain and extend services into Granada were ultimately the reason for Monarch having to pull out; there simply wasnt any more money in the pot and M.O'L got in there first....

M.O'L, when asked for an interview for the programme agreed, subject to the interview being broadcast in full and not made subject to the Beebs censure or editing. When the BBC declined these terms, justifiably M.O'L declined the interview. So the BBC can make any claims they want, but M.O'Ls responses would have been edited.

Given the BBC's history on reporting 'the facts' this hardly make for fair and unbiased programming.

Below is a link to the exchange of communications between Ryanair and the BBC's Panorama reporter in the weeks leading up to the programme. Its a rather large pdf file and takes a while to load but please be patient; it makes for interesting reading...

www.ryanair.com/site/news/releases/2009/docs/Panorama%20Correspond.pdf

I for one despise the business practices of most large companies these days. In the link Ryanair is likened to Tesco, screwing not only the customers but the suppliers as well. The diffence seems to be that M.O'L is completely open about it!

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 12/10/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
12 Oct 2009 5:03 PM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

Mark,

Thanks for the link, that is a fantastic exchange of letters!! 

I don't always agree with Ryan Air's approach, but love the fact that they stand up to the Journalists, think it is appalling if Panorama do put the show out without allowing RA a right to reply - shame on the BBC!

Ted

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Thinking of moving to Guardemar Del Segura - 0 posts
Valencia Rejects Ryanair - 0 posts
QSD - 8 posts
test your Spanish & help feed the world - 11 posts
SIESTA TV - 10 posts
Non resident income tax: 1.1% or 2% of cadastral value? - 0 posts
Breakdown Assistance with Car Hire - 3 posts
TGS GOLF SOCIETY EVENT/FUN DAY - 0 posts
House sign in Spanish - 3 posts
Atlas international did the same in Turkey - 0 posts
Does Anyone know What is Happening at Corvera Airport. - 10 posts
car insurance recommendations - 5 posts
Does anyone know what has happened to agents "Easy Andalucia" - 2 posts
Community Web Sites - 3 posts
Wealth Tax - Help!! - 4 posts
Monday Oct 12: Spain National Day - 0 posts
valoracion catastral construccion - 1 posts
Can Anyone Help Please? - 1 posts
Sofa Bed - 0 posts
Low rate spanish mortgages.com - 2 posts
Why is the Euribor rising again? - 19 posts
Two single beds FREE - 0 posts
Harbour Lights - 0 posts
Moors and Christians in Rojales 2010 - 0 posts
Fellow residents in Marbella area requiring qualified IT person - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x