CAM charges

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

I just descovered that the CAM bank suddenly started to charge €8,25 every three monts from March. I have not contacted the bank yet as a just arrived to Spain, and ,as you know, phone is not an option.

I have regular pension transfer and Residencia and have been said that the fee should be zero

Has anyone else experiensed this?

Better listen to a breaking string than newer draw a bow.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 12:44 PM by summer1010 Star rating. 62 posts Send private message

24 Sep 2009 2:42 PM by thekeeve Star rating in Hope, West Wales and.... 277 posts Send private message

arne,

This charge started in March 2006 - €5,75.  March 07 -  6,75, March 2008 - 7,50, and March 2009 - 8,25.  Look out for >9,00 next March.

keeve

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 4:56 PM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

What sort of account is this for?

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 4:59 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Thanks now I understand.

We did not have to pay before due to the agreement we had. When they raised the fee they included everyone.!!

Is there any bank tha does not charge us for the privilidge of not getting intrest?

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 5:11 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar
What sort of account is this for?

This is an ordinary savings account where my goverment pension goes in and from which I pay my bills and wine.(direct debit and debit card)

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 6:29 PM by thekeeve Star rating in Hope, West Wales and.... 277 posts Send private message

Ted,

Mine's a current account.  Had it for 15 years, and I have to say CAM have been great over that period.  The charges are a pain, but I'm not going to chance a new bank, and changing all my DDs etc to save 3 euros a month. (just yet!!)

keeve

Like 0      
14 Jan 2010 5:53 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

They did it again! Ist of January I was charged EUR 8.75 again.

Last time I was promised an investigation why they break the agreements so often. This time I got the money back by e-mailing the bank, but no explanations nor excuses.

Does anyone know a bank that can be trusted????????????????????

Like 0      
14 Jan 2010 6:50 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

We have always had Sol Bank very professional and helpful.  English  and other languages spoken, up to now have never had any problems and we are on line with them also.

Kathy

Like 0      
14 Jan 2010 9:15 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Sorry 1962.

I am in Costa Blanca. And here is no Sol ... what is this a joke? No sun does not speek English. Wunder if they have an assosiate here. Maybe Banca Blanca

Like 0      
14 Jan 2010 9:44 PM by 1962 Star rating in Iznalloz. 181 posts Send private message

You did ask for a bank, so can't understand your silly reply

Kathy

Like 0      
14 Jan 2010 11:55 PM by arne56 Star rating in La Cañada and Uppsal.... 192 posts Send private message

arne56´s avatar

Really I was not sure. I just wanted to be funny in case your were pulling my leg..

But when I checked. SUPRISE!! They have an office 1 km from where I live!!

I will go and talk to them soon.

Thanks for the tip.

Like 0      
15 Jan 2010 7:28 PM by ayrez Star rating in La Marina Oasis. 379 posts Send private message

Hi

We closed our Solbank account as it was expensive. Friends of ours have changed to Banco Santander and say there are no charges but cannot confirm this.

We bank for free with the Caja Rural but do not know if they have branches where you live.

Jean

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Are Today's Newspapers Boring? - 5 posts
La Herradura. Montesinos - 3 posts
Uk Shopping In Spain - Consumer Advisor - 13 posts
Spanish banks on the ropes - 0 posts
Exciting, special scooter for sale! - 0 posts
VERY DISTINCTIVE JETSKI STOLEN FROM TORREVIEJA AREA. 3000 EURO REWARD. - 12 posts
Yet More UK Taxation... - 1 posts
Why are there no English speaking staff at Endesa Costa Del Sol offices - 8 posts
Looking for a healthier diet and lifestyle? - 4 posts
Who'd buy in Spain after this stark warning? - 20 posts
Polaris World - no thanks - 39 posts
Brand New Boxed 42inch LCD tv - 3 posts
Shipping Furniture to Murcia/Cartagena - 3 posts
Help! Spanish Banks: Minimum amount left in?/Regular transfers - 9 posts
JET 2 FLIGHTS - 2 posts
Solid Wood Table For Sale - 0 posts
Looking for a bilingual receptionist service in Spain - 3 posts
Child's bed - Mid Sleeper - 0 posts
Mortgage Rates - 1 posts
FORD FOCUS Estate - DIESEL - FOR SALE - 2002 - 2 Years ITV - 0 posts
duplicate nie - 2 posts
Car Hire Scam? - 2 posts
Targeta de transporte - 0 posts
Solvency reports - 3 posts
IBI TAX 2009 IN ESTEPONA - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 13

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x