Why are there no English speaking staff at Endesa Costa Del Sol offices

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by eltonia Star rating. 47 posts Send private message

I am at the end of my tether,i have spent £53.00 in the last two weeks trying to phone Endesa the electricity people in Spain. T o be honest they are a joke ,extremely rude,you spend all of 20 mins hanging on ,ask for English Departmento,then after a while they say call tomorrow-no english,no english.Well i have just received an email from our Lawyers who we bought our property through three years ago who have told me our electric has now been turned off again ,for non payment of bill,that i have proof and authorisation codes for,firstly i have been told by the lady that looks after our place that no electricity bills have arrived,i was then confronted with a 327.69 euro bill which i paid over the phone by debit card,they then fitted a new meter and switched on the electric,i have now received an email stating that ENDESA  lAWYERS  have contacted our Lawyers who we made our purchase with and informed them we have not paid this bill and have now switched off the elctricity again.I have been reduced to tears this afternoon with this lot,because no one in Spain wants to help,even the LAWYER is asking for 120 euros just to speak to some-one in Spanish at Endesa,what a horrendous rip off.Can some-one please advise me, this is making me ill with worry, i just do not know where to turn with this situation,like 7 weeks ago,when i paid this bill and they fitted me with another meter,i had a family going in and i had to re-arrange alternative accomadation for them,i am in the same situation again,all because some-one at Endesa has not done there job properly,not only that where is my money sitting ,for it has been taken out of my account,showing on my account as Endesa Barcelona,which i presume is a central office.

Please help me Justin,or someone who has been in the same situation

Thanks

Eltonia

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 11:27 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Hi Eltonia

Sorry to hear of your problem with Endesa, I can feel your worry.

However, its not Endesa's job to provide english speakers, EDF energy for example in the uk wouldn't dream of providing foreign speaking customer services.

I would suggest that you hire a translator tomorrow morning (cheaper than a lawyer) sit down with them next to the phone with all the details, you could have this sorted out quickly.

All the best

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 3:17 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Eltonia

I really feel for you!

Only this year I was cut off in Manilva and luckily "caught" the guy at the meter ... he told me I hadn't paid my bill - I told him I hadn't received it!

He went to his car and brought me a bill - for almost 900 euros! I then took a morning off work and sat in the Endesa office in Estepona for around 3 hours with a numbered ticket only to be told that I couldn't pay the bill there and had to do it either online or over the 'phone with a credit card!

I hadn't registered on-line so had to pay on the 'phone. After holding for ages I found out  they don't accept Maestro so I had to call my mother in UK and ask her to pay it for me and I would transfer the money to her account. And yes, that too took my mother around half an hour of holding on the 'phone at international rates. I too was in tears as I had to stay there without any lighting, cooking facilities, hot water or heating.

This was in February this year and I haven't received a bill since!

However, I have now managed to register on-line with them. There is a previous post on here about registering with them - I had to keep referring to it as it wasn't that straight forward - but "from the top of my head" I think 'Roberto' was very helpful in that particular thread. Have a search on here and maybe you can find the answers.

I wish you luck! BTW - once you pay the bill it is usually connected either same day or first thing following morning. x

Edited to add: I'm sure if you email or fax the paid bill/ proof of money taken from your account they should sort it pretty promptly!

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 24/09/2009.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 6:54 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

Team GB re: its not Endesa's job to provide english speakers, EDF energy for example in the uk wouldn't dream of providing foreign speaking customer services.

My future daughter in law works for Aviva in Norwich where she is employed in the motor insurance division as a Spainish interpretor for any Spanish speaking motorists who ring in England. So it would seem that some companies do in fact provide this service.

Having  said that I have been to Endesas office in Estepona and they do have English speaking employees there although this was about 6 years ago.

Eltonia If it helps the mayors secretary here in Estepona is English and she works from an office called the Advise Bureau in Estepona on Tuesday 9.30 -12.30 and THursday 9.30 - 12.30 she is Spanish speaking and will contact people on your behalf ifr your having problems. This service is free as far as I know. If you PM me I can give you the phone number

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 7:05 PM by Team GB Star rating. 1245 posts Send private message

Team GB´s avatar

Jet

Thats interesting, how many languages do they translate for? surely not just the Spanish.

Or is it one very clever person.

S

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 7:10 PM by Jet48 Star rating in Estepona / Great Yar.... 106 posts Send private message

Jet48´s avatar

They have a team of people who cover several european languages from what I understand.

At a push they can even translate American!

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 11:14 AM by Rob in Madrid Star rating in Madrid. 274 posts Send private message

Rob in Madrid´s avatar

Decided after all I don't like Spanish TV, that is having compared both.

Like 0      
25 Sep 2009 11:23 AM by DaveCol Star rating. 5 posts Send private message

could it be because the Costa del Sol is in Spain? Just a thought.

Like 0      
26 Sep 2009 10:54 AM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

They believe that we would have learnt some of their language if we live here. Of course there are the holiday home owners who do have problems. For this reason we see so many people enter our offices with the dreaded Endesa or Telefonica bills.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Looking for a healthier diet and lifestyle? - 4 posts
Who'd buy in Spain after this stark warning? - 20 posts
Polaris World - no thanks - 39 posts
Brand New Boxed 42inch LCD tv - 3 posts
Shipping Furniture to Murcia/Cartagena - 3 posts
Help! Spanish Banks: Minimum amount left in?/Regular transfers - 9 posts
JET 2 FLIGHTS - 2 posts
Solid Wood Table For Sale - 0 posts
Looking for a bilingual receptionist service in Spain - 3 posts
Child's bed - Mid Sleeper - 0 posts
Mortgage Rates - 1 posts
FORD FOCUS Estate - DIESEL - FOR SALE - 2002 - 2 Years ITV - 0 posts
duplicate nie - 2 posts
Car Hire Scam? - 2 posts
Targeta de transporte - 0 posts
Solvency reports - 3 posts
IBI TAX 2009 IN ESTEPONA - 1 posts
Wanted Beach Buggy - 3 posts
spanish taxes - help! - 3 posts
Masa international - 9 posts
Torrevisa - 12 posts
Question about Communities - 1 posts
vacacion in Valencia - 0 posts
Franchising: a good option in Spain - 0 posts
can i get itv and sum on english transit ? - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 9

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x