Polaris World - no thanks

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
23 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Sorry!  We went for a look round again this year at 3 polaris worlds.  All look the same and are 20 mins from the beach, Basically you are stranded unless you have a car.  2 bed's, 1 bath sleeps 6, you must be joking!!!!! 

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 2:16 PM by sox Star rating. 81 posts Send private message

23 Sep 2009 2:25 PM by Billbo Star rating in Hartlepool & Jardine.... 654 posts Send private message

Who said they have to sleep 6 ???? You can sleep 10 in a four man tent if you so desire.

Does not always do what it says on the tin !!

Will

( & Jackie if it's not controversial !! ).

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 2:46 PM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

It's only my view that the 3 we saw reminded us of Blackpool!!!!  That is why we did not buy any of Polaris World.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 2:48 PM by smivs Star rating in Oldham - Jardin 2,.... 700 posts Send private message

smivs´s avatar

Oh I must have missed it where is the pleasure beach then ????  love white knuckle rides

Jackie  
Member of the Girls Gold Buggie Club !!!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 2:51 PM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Nope, no pleasure beach resort for us anyway. Oh never mind, we will find somewhere else closer to our requirements.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 5:38 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

A life style property on  Polaris World Resort is not for everyone but please bear in mind that there are many happy owners

and if it is an appealing type of life style home in Spain ,to use for  living or holiday use, then there are some great deals for the ready now units: 3 bed GF unit at Condado de Alhama reduced form circa 131.500 € to 100.000 €...just 2 available just now

Just as there are on other developments where there are ready now units available

This message was last edited by rowlandsbb on 23/09/2009.

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 6:21 PM by Billbo Star rating in Hartlepool & Jardine.... 654 posts Send private message

Kim,

Tell us something we don't know.

Must be a different Blackpool than the one I have visited in recent years !! Maybe the rides are still to come then and that is where the Dinsney link is

I take it you must be loking at somewhere like Sotogrande or somewhere then eh ?

Will

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 6:32 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Bilbo

Sotogrande took about 30 years to get where it is now with several owners  !! .....in due course where you are the golf will be much better 

And at a starting  price now of circa 90.000 € ,Polaris World is available to be enjoyed by many oridinary people 

As it developes over the years I' m sure that it will prove very popular and give all you buyers a very good long term investment

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 6:37 PM by rowlandsbb Star rating in Gloucestershire &Hue.... 779 posts Send private message

rowlandsbb´s avatar

Kim

Having made my remarks about PW , if you are serious about buying in Spain now then you should find what you are looking for at a reasonable price

It is just a matter of deciding on your criteria and  budget , then go and get it!

Like 0      
23 Sep 2009 8:28 PM by Billbo Star rating in Hartlepool & Jardine.... 654 posts Send private message

Hi Brian,

Pretty logical sensible comments there. I certainly wish I was buying a place at Condado now rather than the off-plan purchase of 3 years ago just for the savings alone. We would choose the develoment again because we don't mind being 15-20 minutes away from lovely beaches by car, don't mind having a fabulous golf course developing around us, don't mind being within striking distance of the beautiful Sierra Espuna, dont mind watching the sun going down over the mountains beyond the golf course, don't mind cycling deserted service roads to discover nearby villages, don't mind a brand new network of uncluttered roads that you can get quickly from A 2 B on.

Anyone who can compare Polaris to Blackpool and the Pleasure beach must be just a titchy bit deluded or seriously out of touch with the state of Britains filthy streets.

Will

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 10:41 AM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Oh dear, sorry to have rattled your cages.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 10:42 AM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Oh dear, sorry to have rattled your cages.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 10:55 AM by lindaw164 Star rating in Glasgow and Jardins .... 253 posts Send private message

lindaw164´s avatar

Kim

I agree with Wll.  Condado is a fabulous resort.  Of course it is a long term development but we are extremely happy with our purchase there. 

How you can say all the Polaris resorts look the same is beyond me - maybe you forgot your glasses!  Yes the principal amenities are similar but the actual buildings certainly are not - and Blackpool they certainly aren't.

Hope you find what you are looking for - beside a beach with hords of people descending in the summer - great!  good luck

Linda

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 11:27 AM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

We have

We have not

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 1:06 PM by Billbo Star rating in Hartlepool & Jardine.... 654 posts Send private message

Does not take many words to reflect when someone has an arrogant ill conceived outlook.

No names mentioned.

Nuff said.

Will

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 1:57 PM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

24 Sep 2009 2:11 PM by andyclarke Star rating. 207 posts Send private message

Last time I went to blackpool it was cold wet filthy , full of women shoe horned into tight dresses staggering around with stupid hats on, groups of pissed up blokes fighting and vomiting over each other. In August when I was staying at my apartment on Condado every morning I would sit in the front terrace in the sun looking over lovely gardens and a lovely pool. I cannot see where Blackpool comes into the equation. If you want that I suggest you head nearer the coast and buy a house on one of the sprawling housing estates that have gone up. One I visited I think was called Dream Hills all you could see from your property is other peoples houses or look into peoples back gardens. Take the blinkers off and look at the bigger picture.

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 2:24 PM by kim6 Star rating. 27 posts Send private message

Looking at every thread after mine, I can see that a lot of you are upset,. Well sorry I thought we lived in a free country and I was allowed my own opinion without being verbally attacked.  I gave MY opinion (and it still stands) and a lot of you did not like it.  I was brought up to always voice opinions, and I gave it, sorry!  And No I do not have anything on a sprawling estate as you say, thants why we did not buy on PW.  OOOOOOPs my opinions again!

Like 0      
24 Sep 2009 2:56 PM by Ted H Star rating in Purley and jardin 13.... 458 posts Send private message

Kim,

You are certainly welcome to your opinion, but when you make such a disparaging statement about a place where many people (including myself) have bought properties, with which they are very happy, then you shouldn't be suprised that they are somewhat upset by your comments, and react (Maybe it was even your intention to draw such comments!)

You don't mention where you have purchased, maybe you would share that with us, so we can all consider whether (in our opinions) it is superior to the developments that we have purchased on, or maybe, whilst happy to be negative about others choices, you are not so keen on having the tables turned.

Ted

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Brand New Boxed 42inch LCD tv - 3 posts
Shipping Furniture to Murcia/Cartagena - 3 posts
Help! Spanish Banks: Minimum amount left in?/Regular transfers - 9 posts
JET 2 FLIGHTS - 2 posts
Solid Wood Table For Sale - 0 posts
Looking for a bilingual receptionist service in Spain - 3 posts
Child's bed - Mid Sleeper - 0 posts
Mortgage Rates - 1 posts
FORD FOCUS Estate - DIESEL - FOR SALE - 2002 - 2 Years ITV - 0 posts
duplicate nie - 2 posts
Car Hire Scam? - 2 posts
Targeta de transporte - 0 posts
Solvency reports - 3 posts
IBI TAX 2009 IN ESTEPONA - 1 posts
Wanted Beach Buggy - 3 posts
spanish taxes - help! - 3 posts
Masa international - 9 posts
Torrevisa - 12 posts
Question about Communities - 1 posts
vacacion in Valencia - 0 posts
Franchising: a good option in Spain - 0 posts
can i get itv and sum on english transit ? - 3 posts
EOS Alcaidesa Family Meeting: Next Saturday the 26th in September. Come! - 6 posts
Online Courses: Watercolour/Acrylics/WC pencils etc - 0 posts
Car storage at San Javier (Murcia) airport - 7 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 40

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x