duplicate nie

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2009 12:00 AM by lassie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi - I currently live outside of Spain and I am changing my mortgage there to Interest only for one year.. I have already given my lawyers there my leglised power of attorney to deal with this transcation and paid the notary fees for the bank to arrange the signing of this.  Now my lawyers say they cannot locate my nie and I need to arrange a duplicte in person as this is the only way the authorities will allow a duplicate.  It is not possible for me to go to Spain to arrange the duplicate -is there any reason why my lawyers cannot do this for me as they already have my power of attorney.  I purchased the property in 2003 when I believe the bank did not require the nie-but because the mortgage is being changed for a year, they now require it.   Any help would be appreciated.Kind regards

Like 0      
21 Sep 2009 4:52 PM by joanmalaga Star rating in Costa del Sol. 419 posts Send private message

Much easier to get one in the UK:

Getting an NIE number in the UK

It is possible and may be a time-saving alternative to apply for your Spanish NIE numbers in the UK .

Anyone intending to sell or buy property in Spain (or indeed anything else which involves paying tax to the Spanish inland revenue) needs a NIE by Spanish law for tax purposes. Applying at your nearest consulate is more expensive than getting a NIE in Spain but it still may be an advantage for alot of non-resident property-buyers.

The taxes that are due when you buy a property and sign for a mortgage in Spain are withheld on your behalf and paid over to Hacienda (Inland Revenue). If you don't have an NIE number, then the taxes cannot be paid and you may incur some fines. Many banks in Spain will now refuse to complete on a mortgage if the client does not yet have the NIE number.

If you do decide to apply while still in the UK , then you need to get together all necessary documentation and then go to the consulate where you will be asked to sign the NIE application form in front of a consulate employee. Your signature will then be given an official validation stamp (which is where the fee comes in - £22):-

• A stamped (also at the consulate) photocopy of your passport

• 2 recent passport size photos. The background must be plain, and people who wear glasses and/or earrings must take them off for the photo

• An original copy + photocopy of a document which explains why you need your NIE. This may be the private sales contract you have signed with the estate agent, promotor or private vendor, if you are going to work in Spain , the job offer... We suggest ringing the consulate beforehand to find out what to take depending on your personal circumstances

• A self-addressed envelope

• An envelope big enough to contain all the above + NIE application form addressed to the central police HQ in Madrid: Comisaría General de Extranjería y Documentación, Dirección General de Policia, C/ General Pardiñas, 90, 28006 Madrid, Spain:

• One the NIE application form with your signature and passport have been stamped, the consulate will send the envelope containing all the above to Madrid. Then you will have to wait to receive your NIE.

The consulate will not be able to provide you with an application form, so get someone to get one from their local police station in Spain and post it to you or simply download an NIE application form http://www.mir.es/SGACAVT/extranje/regimen_general/identificacion/nie.html

This form is provided by the Spanish Interior Ministry. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the yellow IMPRIMIBLE button to print it out

There are 3 Spanish consulates in the UK

If you live in:-
Northern Ireland, Cheshire, Cleveland, Clwyd, Cumbria, Derbyshire, Durham, Manchester, Gwynedd, Humberside, Lancashire, Lincolnshire, the Isle of Man, Merseyside, Northumberland, Nottinghamshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Tyne & Wear or Yorkshire, please apply to:
The Spanish Consulate General, 1 Brooks House, 70 Spring Gardens, Manchester, M2 2BQ. Tel: 0161 236 1233

Scotland or the Scottish Islands , please apply to:
The Spanish Consulate General, 63 North Castle Street , Edinburgh , EH2 3LJ . Tel: 0131 220 1843

And if you live anywhere else within the UK apply to the London office: 20 Draycott Place, London SW3 2RZ, Tel: 020 7589 8989, Fax: 020 7581 7888

http://www.europamortgages.com/spanish-nie-numbers.htm

Like 0      
22 Sep 2009 9:48 AM by lassie Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Thank you very much for your reply - this is really helpful and much appreciated.

Best wishes

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Car Hire Scam? - 2 posts
Targeta de transporte - 0 posts
Solvency reports - 3 posts
IBI TAX 2009 IN ESTEPONA - 1 posts
Wanted Beach Buggy - 3 posts
spanish taxes - help! - 3 posts
Masa international - 9 posts
Torrevisa - 12 posts
Question about Communities - 1 posts
vacacion in Valencia - 0 posts
Franchising: a good option in Spain - 0 posts
can i get itv and sum on english transit ? - 3 posts
EOS Alcaidesa Family Meeting: Next Saturday the 26th in September. Come! - 6 posts
Online Courses: Watercolour/Acrylics/WC pencils etc - 0 posts
Car storage at San Javier (Murcia) airport - 7 posts
Recovering community fees thread - 18 posts
MahersolHogar - 0 posts
Solar Panels - 1 posts
not sure about tenant - 3 posts
lease - 1 posts
WORK FOR EXPERIENCED MUSICAN - 0 posts
Social security - 1 posts
Looking for a trustworthy couple to look after your second home while abroad? - 0 posts
Am I entitled to free healthcare - 9 posts
New Years Eve - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x