Protection/ Guard dog wanted

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
08 Aug 2009 12:00 AM by RedDomino Star rating in Benahavis. 9 posts Send private message

hi, I am planning to move to Marbella and would like to have a well-trained guard dog that could do protect our property. Do you know any breeders in the Costa Del Sol or in Spain who could offer these kind of dogs? Your help would be highly appreciated...

Like 0      
08 Aug 2009 4:24 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hello RedDomino, welcome.

When you find your chosen guard dog there are endless problems with registering a dangerous dog in Spain as my friend found out as she registered their English bull terrier I think it is, which is classed as a dangerous breed, certainly in Spain.

She wrote a lot about how to go about this in a website she wrote about her dog but the site was hacked into & deleted & wonderful valuable information was lost.  I remember she said she registered her dog but almost wished she'd never started the procedure as it was never ending. Many just don't bother, that is very obvious. They had to build their walls up higher around their property, put a sign on the wall by the gate saying Dangerous Dog etc. You wouldn't believe the hoops they had to jump through. It wasn't easy. Their dog's the soppiest thing I know, just wants a fuss from anyone. It'd lick you to death.

Like 0      
08 Aug 2009 5:35 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

I have a pal who breeds rottweilers if thats any help. I m sure there will be trainers here

We have a soppy golden retreiver, who has just been shaved for summer but has been left with a lions tail - he thinks he is the bees knees, and I agree!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
09 Aug 2009 5:29 PM by RedDomino Star rating in Benahavis. 9 posts Send private message

Hi! Thanks for your answers... I read a lot about the registration and that is why I am considering to get a german shepherd that is  not considered to be dangerous. We found a K9 trainer but they ask a hell lot of money for a doggie like that (8000 eur). It is a little too much.

I think I will have to train my little kitty to kill the enemies...:)

Like 0      
09 Aug 2009 8:23 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I read a lot about the registration and that is why I am considering to get a german shepherd that is  not considered to be dangerous

Don't know where you got that info from, RedDomino.  Read this

AND in this

New Dog Laws

Spain has now announced new laws No 50/99 which could affect you. A list of dogs considered dangerous has been drawn up as follows:-

Pit Bull and all Bull breeds
All Mastiffs
Canary Island Prey Dog
Caucasian Shepherd
Bordeaux
Brazilian Fila
Doberman
Rottweiller
Corsican Can
German Shepherds.
All dogs over 25 Kilos in weight.

Like 0      
09 Aug 2009 9:42 PM by Tom2009 Star rating in Axarquia. 11 posts Send private message

Tom2009´s avatar

This message was last edited by Tom2009 on 09/08/2009.

Sorry, i started a new thread on my question regarding dogs.

This message was last edited by Tom2009 on 09/08/2009.

Like 0      
21 Aug 2009 6:26 PM by corminahof Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

i can give you a adress in spain that has good protection dogs, he just both 3 dogs from us.

At this moment whe have a large german sheperd male trained as personal protection

look at: alphak9protection

good luck

will

Like 0      
05 Oct 2009 12:45 PM by RedDomino Star rating in Benahavis. 9 posts Send private message

Hi,

thanks for the useful info. I might have missed the GS as part of the dangerous dogs... hmmm... then it seems I will have a long process in front of me :)

Like 0      
05 Oct 2009 5:55 PM by corminahof Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi

you also can look at our webpages from : vancorminahof.be and powerdogs-protection(dot) com

Like 0      
05 Jun 2010 8:10 AM by debrailita Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

** EDITED - Advertising **

Like 0      
16 Jul 2010 2:34 PM by Angela Rigby Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

A German Shepherd sounds like a wise choice to me. Intelligent dogs make the best guard dogs and it's true that they're not considered a dangerous dog in Spain.

Like 0      
16 Jul 2010 2:59 PM by Jimbofinn Star rating in Chiclana De La Front.... 224 posts Send private message

Jimbofinn´s avatar

Personally I believe that purchasing a dog to guard your property is not worth the effort.  If someone has intent on gaining access to your property, they will do so with or without the dog present.  Providing that you have made adequate security arrangements i.e. PIR sensors and a decent burglar alsrm/window grill etc.,(and even this won't deter the determined "visitor"),any would be burglar is likely to bypass your premises and look for easier pickings.  If you have young children or indeed friends /neighbours visiting there is will always be the problem of having to keep a wary eye on such an animal for fairly obvious reasons. But if it is only to give peace of mind then by all means have your guard dog.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Smoking ban in Spain - 36 posts
What size deposits are needed now - 3 posts
Funeral insurance problems - 1 posts
ALGORFA Air-Con business (Solarplan) - 4 posts
A tale of two lives. - 2 posts
Accounts available before AGM? - 1 posts
Buy to rent schemes - 7 posts
What is the point of a contract and BG!!!!!!! - 1 posts
Compatibility problem? - 0 posts
Rental Contracts - 0 posts
Reflections of WW1 - 5 posts
EOS please tell us which members are in your team - 22 posts
Business Internet - 7 posts
Manilva Feria 2009 - 1 posts
Link Appearing in My Post - 3 posts
Business Potential? - 5 posts
Doing it yourself - 13 posts
UK car hire from Bristol airport - 1 posts
Manilva wine festival - 3 posts
Inflatable Spa Jacuzzi Hot Tub - 45 posts
in search of a suitable pueblo - 11 posts
Cap and Collar Limits on Mortgages? - 5 posts
Driving a Spanish registered/insured car belonging to a friend - 5 posts
Why is fruit so bad in Spain - 22 posts
Monarch Airlines criticised by CIT Marbella - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 12

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x