Anyone want to meet up in Sabinillas?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jul 2009 12:00 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Hi All

Anne and myself are staying in Sabinillas from Sat 1/8/09 until Wed 5/8/09 to view properties. We wondered if anyone would be interested in meeting up for a social bevy or 3. Last time I was in Saby was 18 years ago, so hopfully someone can recommend a good bar (food or music) , as I expect my old drinking holes are now gone!!

We're staying at the Casa Meson Jimenez, and would n't mind catching up on the local gossip!!

Can't wait 

Phil

What you see is what you get 

Like 0      
06 Jul 2009 10:21 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Hi. I think you should keep the thread going and get as many from the forum to meet up with you both. 18 years! Be prepared for a big shock,

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 9:48 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Hi Myra

We stayed in Malaga a few weeks ago and pasted through Saby on the way to Gibraltar, from what I saw theres alot of new buildings and from photos I,ve seen ,Saby has a new paseo. I think its probably changed for the better.

If anyone else was there, 18 years ago and would remember, I used to play guitar with Ken Moore at the Moorehouse (previously Thicky's Bar)

So come on, can anyone recommend somewhere to meet up (you know you want to) - we could be your new neighbours soon!!

Theres some photos of us at www.philevansconstruction.co.uk

Phil

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 9:54 AM by leema Star rating in Washington Tyne & We.... 655 posts Send private message

a good meeting place and cheap food and drink is Itzabar which is on the main street next to Mercadona supermarket, we live up on Coto Real which is up the bank behind Itzabar, very friendly place and we always call in either before we go out or when we get back all the locals get in.

Sorry we won't be out that time or we would have come.

Maureen & Dennis

Coto Real

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 2:49 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

I can confirm that Itzabar is a great meeting place and is cheap too! The staff are really friendly and the place is immaculate.

I note you are staying in Sabbi from 1st to 5th August - I'm sure we could arrange to meet you for a few drinks during that time!

pm me for our contact numbers - we also have a bar in Gib if you're ever visiting there again

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 3:09 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Hi BizzyLizzie

Which bar in Gib - I know most of them

Was down there a few weeks ago - popped in to see Alex at the Pig & Whistle

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 3:16 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

HI Phil

The Royal Oak in Irish Town. My partner (Dougi) has run it for the past 26 years (yes - that's years not months!) so there's not many people we don't know in Gibraltar (if any!). (It used to be a bikers bar before they pedestrianised Irish Town and is opposite the Clipper).

I don't work there myself but I pop in every day (and most nights) ...... Dougi's there most of the time. Although it's mainly a "local's bar" everyone is made the feel most welcome - and most people return to see us year after year after year ....

This message was last edited by buzylizzie on 07/07/2009.

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 3:38 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

You can put me down for a meet up at itZabar... as I go past it five days a week on my way home from the EOS Office.

And on the odd (ahem!) occasion I have been known to pop my head around the door.

Next time I'm in Gib... I know where I'm going for a beer!

This message was last edited by TechNoApe on 07/07/2009.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 3:43 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Looks like we'll be bumping into each other soon then, in one of the bars anyway!

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 4:21 PM by myra cecilia Star rating in Manilva Malaga. 213 posts Send private message

Uhmmm. So where are we all meeting up or is it developing into a pub crawl.

Myra Cecilia. www.costaadvicebureau.com

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 4:24 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

That would be one hell of a pub crawl from Sabbi to Gibraltar!

How about Itzabar then?

Like 0      
07 Jul 2009 7:25 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

OK Looks like the Itzabar then

Next Question - When

Anne & myself are there from the Saturday, but fly back on the wednesday. Any night would be good - or every night

Afraid the pub crawl to Gib will have to wait till I've saved up some more dinero.

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 2:30 PM by buzylizzie Star rating in Gibraltar, Manilva a.... 192 posts Send private message

buzylizzie´s avatar

Well how does Saturday night in Itzabar sound?

Around 7ish ... 8ish?

Myra - will you be able to make it? It would be nice to meet you too. Technoape - is this good for you too?

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 3:38 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Saturday night 1st August... sounds cool!

Will give me three weeks to get over the EOS 5th Birthday Bash on the 11th July!

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 7:31 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Saturday 1st of August it is then 7ish - 8ish - cool (planes permitting)

Shame we cant make the birthday party, still Im sure we'll make up for it on the 1st - Have fun guys

will have to keep this thread current and try to get some more people to come

TechNoApe - I did send a email about creating a badge page with the EOS logo  that people could print off  so we all know who we're looking for on these meets.

any ideas?

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 9:08 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Can do if you like, but seeing as itZabar isn't that big, and most of you know what I look like, I think we'll be ok.

Mind you, I could wear my EOS T-Shirt on the night! Then you will know it is me for sure.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Like 0      
08 Jul 2009 9:12 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar

That sounds good for us, too! Haven't yet been to Itzabar, but heard loads of good things about it.  Looking forward to it!

Like 0      
18 Jul 2009 8:44 AM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

MEET AND GREET

The Itzabar Sabinillas

1st August 2009

7:00-8:00 ish

Everyone welcome. Come and meet other EOS members/neighbours

Like 0      
31 Jul 2009 7:51 PM by philevans Star rating in Axminster Devon & Sa.... 187 posts Send private message

philevans´s avatar

Bed early tonight

need to be up at half two to get flight

Hope you can all still make tomorrow night

See ya there

Phil & Anne

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Fly for free Ryanair - 10 posts
Where Can I Buy Cigarettes from Near to Albox? - 9 posts
Tenants from Hell!! - 55 posts
Dogs in Cars - 2 posts
I wish I could sell my house - 3 posts
THANK YOU.....Alan and Irene................. - 4 posts
DOGs TRAVELLING TO SPAIN - 3 posts
non-resident needing an itv on UK plated car - 3 posts
Ciudad Quesada market days - 19 posts
Travel cot and high chair for sale - 6 posts
DVD rental service? - 0 posts
ISO advice for getting from Tangier to Huercal Overa - 0 posts
Andrew John Thompson - 1 posts
Community Funds dissapeared??? - 14 posts
Hello everyone - 8 posts
Flip Flops - 2 posts
Roda Bus - 0 posts
Form 210 Valor Catastral - 32 posts
free digital Alicante map - 0 posts
Sponsored - 20 posts
Torresat gone down - 1 posts
7th july ... - 1 posts
Taxes relating to LFO. - 5 posts
Happy Birthday Mrs TechnoApe - 14 posts
Here we go!!! - 10 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 19

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x