Written Sentence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
22 May 2009 12:00 AM by SIMONE12 Star rating in DEVON. 23 posts Send private message

Hi would just like some feedback from any members who have been to a spanish court, fighting against their bank/developer trying to get their deposit and payments back. I understand that the court should produce a written sentence within 20 working days of the hearing? Have members received this in the time frame or have their been long delays? Also was the decision in your favour? Thank You

Like 0      
25 May 2009 9:42 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

In my experience 20 days means nothing. We waited for 4 months for our recent verdict from the Court. We won but an appeal has been put in!  Anything not to pay out and drag it on for ever.

Three years ago we sued the Bank using our BG. We won but the Bank appealed, unfortunately for them outside the time limit and so the Court paid us, They then had the temerity to ask for the money back (96,000 euros), but our Lawyer told them ...too late, the money has already gone to their UK bank accounts!   Just another of the dirty tricks campagne. It took another 6 months after that to get our interest and legal costs into our account.

Like 0      
25 May 2009 12:29 PM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

We have exercised our Bank Guarantee almost 12 months ago and are still waiting for the money, the Judge found in our favour and ordered the return of the deposit plus costs plus interest.  The Judge has now ordered that assets are seized to cover the money and that was sometime in March 2009.

So, still waiting with fingers and everything else crossed that we will have the money back soon, although we are still not 100% certain that this will happen, it seems that the institutions involved can simply keep ignoring the courts decision.

Would this happen in the UK?

Kelju

Like 0      
25 May 2009 6:47 PM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hopefully it would not happen in the UK. Good Luck.

Like 0      
25 May 2009 8:49 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Hi Tish

I am confused about your post  ,re your BG you said the court paid then asked for the money back .Surely you meant the bank paid or am I missing something ?  and therefore who asked for the money back ? sorry if I am just having a stupid moment but I am a tad confused now . I would appreciate any  info or experiences  you or anyone else has to offer on this subject .Thanks  MM

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      
26 May 2009 8:32 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Kelju: Is it a Bank who is refusing to pay?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 May 2009 8:57 AM by kelju Star rating in South Yorkshire . 302 posts Send private message

kelju´s avatar

Hi Maria,

No it is the insurance company ASEFA.

Kelju

Like 0      
26 May 2009 10:31 AM by Tish Star rating in Surrey. 833 posts Send private message

Hi Magicmeg,

Sorry to confuse you!  I'll explain.

When you win your case against the Bank, the money is paid into and held by the Court procurator, until it is paid over to you.  As the Bank did not appeal the decision in the alotted time,(6 WEEKS TOO LATE) the Court paid us. The Court then tried to say that the appeal letter from the Bank had gone missing!!!!!!!!!!!! They sent our Lawyer a document saying "someone" had paid us in error!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Our Lawyer told them the money had already been disbursed.  It was another underhand tactic by the bank and developer.

Like 0      
26 May 2009 12:53 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

sadly

it is similar in the UK when trying to get monies back from debtors

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
26 May 2009 6:58 PM by MAGICMEG Star rating in Scotland. 546 posts Send private message

Thank you Tish I am no longer confused ,I did not realise it worked that way ie court receiving the funds from the bank to distribute to the purchaser I have not heard of that before now .Grateful for all info regards BGs Thanks MM .

Nothing surprises me anymore  

but I am willing to accept that sometimes (although not very often ) I can be  wrong !

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Crystal Rentals - 3 posts
Residency - 3 posts
Selling Furniture In Spain - 4 posts
Spain's Blogger Granny dies at 97 - 0 posts
snagging - 5 posts
Electric Problems - 0 posts
Spanish Court Corruption - Whats the next move? - 5 posts
transferring car ownership - 1 posts
problems with yahoo. - 3 posts
Global World Services - 1 posts
Palacios Mar and Limon Mar - 1 posts
Working out mortgage payments - 7 posts
La Refugia? - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a good estate agent on the costa del sol??? - 2 posts
Buying Furniture in Spain - 10 posts
Creditors meeting - 5 posts
1 day of.... - 5 posts
Lets Live Abroad - 4 posts
Beware: Club Blinko - 14 posts
Who to complain to at Polaris - 3 posts
Internet in apartments? - 1 posts
BABY SEATS FROM CAR HIRE COMPANY'S - 11 posts
nie number - 1 posts
Alicante / Benidorm Airport Taxi Transfer - 6 posts
Please can someone confirm..................... - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x