wealth tax

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
30 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by jeremyweena Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

We have a property built by Groupo Empresarial Palacios Mar in Los Palacios we were happy with the building untill we found out that we have had sewage and water a meter high underneath the building for the last 4 1/2 years. This is due to the builder not putting ends on the drains. Are we all supposed to check under the buildings when we buy? What good is  a habitacion certificate if the place is not habitable and who checks the drains out before the certificate is given out.?

I have approached the council because surely it is up to them to sort this out with the builder but again we have the "not our problem" reply.

It will cost a minimum of 9 grand to take him to court and probably not be heard for 3 years. Half our owners are struggling to pay the mortgage as it is without extra expense of fixing the drains. This is difficult to give a quote on because of the meter high water but a minimum of 4 grand is the guess. Only one owner that we have approached has said she will not pay but how do we get the money off the others?

The two spanish plumbing companies that inspected  underneath both said it is incomplete work when the building was constructed but still Trinitario says it is not his problem.

We have been told the electrics and telephone lines are corroded and the photos we have of under the building are disgusting we are not giving up but the payments that have come to over 800 euros has been paid by 25 people out of 52. To have it repaired will mean the same 25 putting their hands in their pockets again while all the other owners get the benefit.

Any help on this subject will be greatly appreciated.

Like 0      
01 May 2009 11:03 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi jeremyweena

We have a similar problem with our building.

Ours though is caused by flooding into the underground garages when it rains, which brings overflowing sewerage drains along with it. There is some problem with the building layout that causes this to happen.

Our Presidente has for many years asked our builder to sort this out and as a Community, we are taking the builder to court over unfinished works.

I know you can not make PM's yet, as you have not made enough posts, but if you would like me to put you in touch with our Presidente's wife, Karensun, let me know via the forum.

She will be able to give you far more advice and guidance than I can.

Hopefully she will see this post and reply directly to you.

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
04 May 2009 5:51 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Use the Ten Years developer´s insurance to claim on those building deffects. What is the Insurance company?

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

new comers mags and colm - 0 posts
Alfredos in San Pedro - 14 posts
Electric Readings - 0 posts
HELP.........need directions to thermal baths in Fortuna...one with campsite please - 2 posts
Taxes in Spain - 23 posts
Security Deposit - 0 posts
Hi Everyone from Lisa at Spectrum FM 105.5fm - 0 posts
Title Deeds Insurance - 1 posts
Attn Bobaol - 0 posts
rapp - 16 posts
Hi All - 3 posts
Phase 1 : Release of remaining blocks - 1 posts
As soon as more complete! - 2 posts
Renting in Spain - 0 posts
Man & Van needed Gatwick to Murcia - 0 posts
Driving with children - 8 posts
Free Property Management Information???? - 1 posts
Car insurance in Spain - 2 posts
Petition To remove the PM - 17 posts
FREEZER TO SPAIN - 5 posts
Car hire under 21 - 9 posts
Buying a car in Spain - 7 posts
Toyota Yaris for Sale - 0 posts
Van or pick up with driver/labourer needed - 0 posts
Brilliant News folks - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x