Alfredos in San Pedro

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Apr 2009 12:00 AM by benan Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

Hi all,

just registered as will be moving to spain in the near future. have just returned from a quick break over there and wanted to see if anyone else has been to Alfredos in San Pedro? went there two nights in a row, quick drink in Pub Charles next door (where you can smoke inside!!!!!!! Heaven) and the restaurant itself must be the only one in the area that was absolutely packed both nights, great food, service, price and atmosphere, will have to say that if you are in the area and havent been, defo try it!!!

looking forward to reading all the posts and meeting some new people on the forums, cheers all

Ben

Like 0      
29 Apr 2009 6:41 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Ben, welcome. Come join us all.

San Pedro ????? Where's that ? (San Pedro del Pinatar, Costa Blanca ? )

Would you care to put your Spanish location on your profile for us to give us a clue as to whereabouts in Spain you have your place, please ? Spain's rather a large country.

Like 0      
29 Apr 2009 7:22 PM by AJB1 Star rating in Benahavis, Costa del.... 63 posts Send private message

I´m sure Benan is talking about San Pedro de Alcantara, Costa del Sol.

Alfredo´s has also been recommended to me by a Spanish colleague. We went there a few weeks ago but it was closed for refurbishment and was due to open the next day - we haven´t had the chance to get back there yet.

But now you´ve endorsed it too, I think we´d better get down there soon! What do you recommend and what are the prices like?

Like 0      
29 Apr 2009 10:47 PM by superman Star rating in ireland/mijas golf. 11 posts Send private message

We had our wedding reception at alfredo`s a few years ago, it was one of the nicest meals we ever had, the staff were great and we had a very  memorable night , we cant wait to go back .

Paula

Like 0      
29 Apr 2009 11:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Its in the centre of San Pedro do Alcantera, Marbella. We live very close and yes it is very good!!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 8:35 AM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

benan said

''San Pedro? went there two nights in a row, quick drink in Pub Charles next door (where you can smoke inside!!!!!!! Heaven)''

........and all get cancer together eh.  Dear oh dear, what does it take?

Apart from that, sounds a really good to place to visit, eat, etc.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 11:44 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Goodstich, now now then, us non smokers mustn't upset the smokers, remember dear ?  They do get very upset if we try to enforce our good habits on them.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 12:16 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

morerosado

yes, you're probably right.  The power of the Cigi' eh.  Can often turn rational thought in to a personal attack on freedom, to the addicted. I know preaching doesn't do much good, people have to make their own mind up in the end.

I've recently spent some time in a cancer ward with a very ill close relative of my wife's, who's only got weeks left. Heartbreaking stuff.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 12:25 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

...flippin eck'.  Sorry folks for highjacking this thread!

anyone got any other good tips for restaurants?   While in Malaga last tuesday, my wife and I were walking around the port and found a very basic bar/restaurent used by mostly staff in the port I think looking at the uniforms. We had the Menu del dia, which was two fish courses and a sweet , washed down with sangria. Basic, cheap and cheerful, but full of Spanish workers apart from us, so good wholesome food and a chirpy atmosphere.

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 5:12 PM by benan Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

hi all, got a place in calahonda, yes i know, very touristy and not really spain but hey ho! 

obviously have to reply to the smoking issue...i do realise that all non smokers are against us, but as someone who used to be a non smoker, i never had a problem with smokers around me. i can completely understand not smoking in restaurants, but in bars??? seems like the same in the uk, non smokers dont keep the pubs open its the smokers that drink more and enjoy good times....

Like 0      
30 Apr 2009 5:32 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Who said ............... (apart from you, Benan...)

non smokers dont keep the pubs open its the smokers that drink more and enjoy good times....

You infer non smokers don't know how to enjoy themselves & sit all night with a small beer.

Goodstich, get yourself in here !!

Like 0      
01 May 2009 9:34 AM by benan Star rating. 17 posts Send private message

goodstitch theres a place like that near el corte ingles, best spanish venta been to.. just on the other side of the riverbed next to ECI walk to the indoor food market, just opposite one of the entrances is a little place called venta los pueblos, best estofado ive ever had, hot bread and nice cheap wine...

morerosado, didnt mean it like that, but how else do you explain the death of the pub trade in the uk since the ban came into effect...and before anyone says "thats due to the current economic climate", this was almost 2 years ago!!! cant remember the figure, but am sure it was something like 40 pubs a month closed, why do you suppose this was???

Like 0      
03 May 2009 10:15 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Im a non smoker and always have been. In the UK when going out I used to detest places full of smoke as I ended up stinking of stale smoke and when the fug got too bad my eyes would sting and water, I would have to go out and eventually leave.

Also in dating times its horrible kissing a stale ashtray!

However, in Spain I have never had this problem. Even when I first came here on my own (without parents) 20 years ago, the underground discos had powerful extractors to get the smoke out. Now they have filters and extracotrs to remove the smoke.

As we are in the best of weather most of the time, I havent had a problem as we are always out in the fresh air and my firm policy since a kid has been live and let live. I dont care what anyone else does as long as it doesnt encroach on my space or that of my family/friends.

The only issue I have ever had is when sitting next to someone who lights up when the smoke comes my way!

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 May 2009 6:26 PM by advisor Star rating in London most of the t.... 311 posts Send private message

back to the restaurant bit then!

we have used it several times and the food is always excellent favourites include the sliced beef with pepper sauce, lamb chops and large whitebait dipped in flour and fried (name eludes me)

always seems value for money

now smoking bit

they have a separate room where they tend to sit the smokers!-only problem as ever with san pedro is the parking!

Nobody plans to fail, many fail to plan, sadly the result is the same.

Like 0      
06 May 2009 1:31 PM by goodstich44 Star rating in northampton. 1648 posts Send private message

advisor

will try that next time i'm there.

benan

I think the main reason pubs are quiet is cost. Yes, non smoking will put some off, but as that means less pain and hideous suffering through 1st or 2nd hand smoking related diseases, then surely that has to be the way forward?  I do feel sorry for landlords, they have a very hard time at the moment, high overheads, and far to much tax on beer/spirits, but I do think pubs need to respond to change in a positive way, and find out what people want to find in them, like food, games, music, bingo' quizzes etc, if they want to survive. Pubs do need to create an atmosphere of well being.

The days of just sitting round the bar in a smog are gone, but in fairness, I do miss  the 'cosy'  feel of the old locals village pubs I knew as a lad. Things move on, and I guess we have to adjust accordingly.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Electric Readings - 0 posts
HELP.........need directions to thermal baths in Fortuna...one with campsite please - 2 posts
Taxes in Spain - 23 posts
Security Deposit - 0 posts
Hi Everyone from Lisa at Spectrum FM 105.5fm - 0 posts
Title Deeds Insurance - 1 posts
Attn Bobaol - 0 posts
rapp - 16 posts
Hi All - 3 posts
Phase 1 : Release of remaining blocks - 1 posts
As soon as more complete! - 2 posts
Renting in Spain - 0 posts
Man & Van needed Gatwick to Murcia - 0 posts
Driving with children - 8 posts
Free Property Management Information???? - 1 posts
Car insurance in Spain - 2 posts
Petition To remove the PM - 17 posts
FREEZER TO SPAIN - 5 posts
Car hire under 21 - 9 posts
Buying a car in Spain - 7 posts
Toyota Yaris for Sale - 0 posts
Van or pick up with driver/labourer needed - 0 posts
Brilliant News folks - 2 posts
QUESTION FOR MARIA - 1 posts
Community Deeds - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x