Iberian International Problems with?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
14 Jun 2010 1:40 PM by redsam79 Star rating in Los Pacos, Costa del.... 192 posts Send private message

It's an age thing more, dont worry, it comes to us all!!

SUCCESS IS SIMPLY A MATTER OF LUCK....ASK ANY FAILURE!!

Like 0      
14 Jun 2010 1:48 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Well, it WAS posted way off back down the thread & well over two years ago, Redsam, hardly a forgetful moment. I knew I'd posted the info a few times but threads tend to go off thread so much I could have posted it anywhere, though THIS thread has stayed on track somewhat.

I've saved your little pic, I'll be using that one!!

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 1:36 PM by Margaret H Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hello everyone, blimey i seem to have started something off again here dont i!

I have to agree with Simon in that it is a big shame that these forums only seem to highlight clients with problems, as it negates all the good work that companies do do in helping people live their dream of living in spain. Although morerosado, i dont think they have been going since 1992 so are you sure its the right company you are referring to? :-)

anyway, i'm going off for my afternoon walk to the beach now  thats what i moved to Spain for :) I really love this country!

Take care all

M

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 2:28 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Margaret

I never said welcome to EOS but, of course, welcome!

IF a brand new company has called themselves Iberian International, more fool them after so many were disgruntled with the company I & many others I know were messed around by.

The only consolation with our inspection trip was they put us in a brand new hotel from the Barcela group (hotel Lodomar 4*) just off the Mar Menor which has superb food (cooked in front of you if you chose steak or similar). We were also taken to excellent restaurants all over the area with drink flowing like there was no tomorrow.

However, when all the reps grouped together for an hour or more in the hotel coffee bar each evening after dinner wouldn't you have thought our married couple of reps might have mentioned 'we have a couple who are very keen to see detached properties a, b & c but we haven't any left, have we???' then the other reps should .. I hope .. have said 'oh yes, we certainly have, go flog them one!'

Very unprofessional seeing as they're MEANT to at least TRY to flog you something especially when we were wanting to purchase quite a substantial villa on a good sized plot for an average newbuild.

THEN the MD was very rude to us, which we captured on tape. We told her we'd recorded the conversation ... yes, afterwards as she would never have said what she said had she been aware she was being recorded. BBC's Watchdog was then involved though it was never aired astonishingly.

I will add that we later went with Atlas to Spain on one of their inspection trips, Atlas are the sister company of Iberian & they, too, cocked up a proposed sale because we were told blatant lies which thankfully came to light before we signed & paid them a deposit. They just hadn't done their basic homework. 'Playing' with OUR thousands of hard earned £££££'s is not on!!!

Having said all this we believed .. wrongly..  that the company we eventually chose (Millennium) would treat us better. It started well then went downhill  ... like you would NOT believe ... but at least we now have our villa & a habitation licence, but the licence took TWO YEARS! When we bought we hadn't much of a clue though we thought we did & that's why I'm trying to help others not do as we did now we know better.

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 4:54 PM by terrance43 Star rating in Hertfordshire. 34 posts Send private message

I am very sorry to hear about the problems that many of you have experienced with Iberia/atlas. We went out on one of their excursions but decided NOT to engage them. I am delighted to say that we went ahead and bought through POLARIS at Condado De Alhama and we are absolutely delighted with the purchase. I could recommend how well the developments are planned and their level of construction to be first class.Anyone want a very good bargain i would suggest you contact Terry and Jill at Condado De Alhama services.Incidentally i do not have any vested interest by giving my recommendation .

Like 0      
16 Jun 2010 5:05 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

EOS community forum for Condado De Alhama ... check it out!

So Terrance43 isn't Terry of Terry and Jill at Condado De Alhama services? That's ok as you are not permitted to advertise your own services, Terrance.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 16/06/2010.

Like 0      
22 Jun 2010 1:18 PM by Simon Patrick Star rating. 4 posts Send private message

Hi there, i thought Polaris had now gone bankrupt? Looks like you bought just in time in that case.

Like 0      
24 Jun 2010 8:09 PM by LAM1963 Star rating in Lincolnshire, Fortun.... 152 posts Send private message

LAM1963´s avatar

Hello

With regard to Iberian International,

I backtracked rather than lose out at a time when banks were messing people about with mortgages.

I was in a position of complete, drop an argument that i  still feel was right or not complete and lose all the money i had put into buying the property.

After 18 months i will openly say that Iberian were very poor, there was some good people in their Torrevieja office who now have gone. God help anyone dealing with them.

Like 0      
12 Aug 2010 11:04 PM by johnny6 Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

You may wish to search for Tony Hetherington's article which was published in the Mail On Sunday 1st August entitled

Spanish 'definitely maybe' guarentee

This relates to our dealings with Atlas International. We are trying to get as much focus on this company as we can to warn others to think very carefully before committing with them.

We thought that we had done everything we could do to safeguard our monies through Atlas International but despite their written promises and guarentees we are having to take legal action to try to recoup our stage payments. 

Buyer beware !

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 11:17 AM by muzzy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Problems yes although not in Spain we brought in Greece in 2007,and found out this year thatiberian atlas broke all money transfer rules for the purchase leaving a tax bill in their wake on contact they pretend they didn't know however their lawyers and greek Taxnet state publicly otherwise there now trying to ignore me this won't happen I can  assure everyone 

This message was last edited by muzzy on 22/08/2015.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 12:11 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

This thread is over 5 years old.

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 2:50 PM by muzzy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Yes over 5 years old and they are still cheating people and not following rules and refusing to support people they have taken money from pretending it's not their fault when obviously they complete the transaction why would a UK company who is selling houses in Greece send the customers money to Spain first tax evasion perhaps springs to mind 

Like 0      
22 Aug 2015 4:15 PM by newworld Star rating. 942 posts Send private message

If I was in charge of a company, I would not be sending any money to Greece into any bank account, the word Cypress banking  rip off comes to mind.

Like 2      
22 Aug 2015 5:01 PM by muzzy Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

Please read the post I don't want to insult your intelligence but if you read it's about how they transfer money from the UK to Spain and then on to other countries breaking European third party agreement laws no one suggests you transfer money there now it's a tax demand against the company which will be settled in UK courts nothing to do with greek deposits anymore help. You need understanding simple fraud I will be happy to help but not tonight I'm off for a family meal 

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

How do I get an Avatar? - 41 posts
what is a legal proxy vote - 12 posts
You and your Car in Spain - 2 posts
Part Load To Spain From UK - 2 posts
Buying a bungalow in Daya Nueva La Vega Baja development - 1 posts
Keep trying to change me Avatar - 2 posts
Coto Real Development - 9 posts
Oxygen Rental / Purchase in Spain - 3 posts
Spain real estate: como es global property guide report - 0 posts
Anyone in UK interested in a meet up - 6 posts
Peggotys Fish and Chips and nearby - 8 posts
Purchase/Sale Contract Example - 33 posts
Driving to our new home - 13 posts
Does anyone else find the EOS logo creepy??? - 21 posts
Buying an appartment in Almaradi - 10 posts
Maps of towns, airports & lots of great information - 2 posts
Check weather in your area of Spain for 5-10 days ahead - 18 posts
Mar Menor Restaurants? - 116 posts
Spanish civil procedure question - 2 posts
T-mobile sims - 0 posts
Free 02 sim cards, you can have up to 4 free - 2 posts
What about Gibraltar? - 26 posts
I'm having to leave EOS, sorry everyone. - 15 posts
befor last payment - 4 posts
Experience with IA Procon / Sun-Spain Mediterraneo ? - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 34

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x