Has anyone used 'Car trawler' for car hire

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
13 Oct 2009 7:44 PM by jeppy Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

At Malaga we were told that we did not have comprehensive insurance.   I tried to explain that we did, I had even paid extra to delete the excess!!  They told me that this was not the case.  If I wanted to include insurance for the vehicle I was hiring I would have to pay an extra 30Euros.

We didn't really have an option.  We don't speak Spanish and he insisted that if the vehicle was damaged or stolen then we would be responsible for all costs.

When I returned home I checked the website and was confident that I had paid to include comprehensive insurance.  I spoke to cartrawler, who said I had to put my complaint in writing, which I did.

I was then told, tough we paid for the extras and this was our choice.

I am concerned that as a broker they simply don't care that someone had sold an additional ins (we never found out exactly what the extra cover was!), under false pretences. - ie fraud!!

I would never use them again.  I do intend taking the matter further.  I know 30Euros is small fry, but to me it isn't,  but more so I cannot stand the dishonestly and then the shrugging it off attitudes!!

Like 0      
13 Oct 2009 10:52 PM by foxhunter Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I wouldn't use them for the reasons I posted some time ago, I suggest you read all the threads

Like 0      
13 Feb 2010 9:41 PM by dbm1 Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Classic "bait and switch." They quoted a price for pick up at Rome, and a drop-off at Milano Malpensa. After they charged my credit card for a deposit, they told me their would be an additional drop-off charge, and when I complained, the agent admitted that the web site gave inacurate information. I filed a complaint with their customer service, but was still charged. DO NOT USE THEM. THEIR FINAL COST WAS HIGHER THAN HERTZ.

Like 0      
26 Jun 2011 12:33 PM by petersaintz Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

CarTrawler???

PEOPLE AVOID THIS COMPANY! we have been quoted for Ibiza Airport pick up, then it showed up after we have paid the deposit that the car needs to be picked up outside the airport - 4min of drive!!! WTF, why would we type in the Airport pick up location??? Obviously we wantyed to cancel this booking, guess what happened to booking fee??? No way it was returned... We have been clearly trapped and robbed in a daylight, hence JUST FORGET IT if you think it will be any joy... Go anywhere else, AVIS for instance, very helpful people and not too expensive. REGARDS

Like 0      
30 Jun 2011 3:02 PM by carsafe Star rating. 28 posts Send private message

we use them every month,via Argus car hire.com,never had a problem,they tell you which company they will use when you proceed

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

New Survey - 0 posts
Electricity Bills - 70 posts
FLORIST- PINAR DE CAMPOVERDE?? - 0 posts
HELP - LOOKING FOR FLORIST- PINAR DE CAMPOVERDE - 0 posts
Free Energy Saving Lightbulbs from Iberdrola - 2 posts
Apartment for sale: sea-front, luxury beach & golf resort - 0 posts
Calahonda Business Fair - Come and say hola - 0 posts
Anyone using a Sharp HD Digital Television, bought in the UK, in Spain? - 4 posts
Help Needed With Contract - 7 posts
Storage space or garden for rent???? - 0 posts
Missing channels on Freesat - 9 posts
Original thread messages? - 0 posts
St Patricks Day - 8 posts
How do you claim against the Builder's Insurance? - 0 posts
Terrazas de Alcaucín - Developer is Peninsula - Anyone know anything - 2 posts
Renting to Russians - 1 posts
NHBC????? - 3 posts
Do you own property at Las kalendas EGM tomorrow night in Fortuna - 0 posts
uk V spain? my friend says thanks for helping her find a way forward that suited her. - 0 posts
is it true? - 2 posts
Bying scooter and taking test - 6 posts
Van from London to Almeria City area? - 5 posts
Siesta Show feedback please - 0 posts
Wanted property for a month - 2 posts
reduced yet again - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 45

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x