Anyone around this weekend?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

I read in the latest edition of my local paper that Iberdrola had a meeting with Murcia Council officials and have agreed to refund overcharge amounts to customers quickly!

However, the customer must register a complaint to Iberdrola to benefit from the refund.

This is all about those people that felt their winter bill was excessive, indicating it probably was??

pilgrim

Like 0      
06 Mar 2009 8:42 PM by hillwood Star rating in Greasby, Wirral & Si.... 214 posts Send private message

hillwood´s avatar

Hi Pilgrim,

Thanks for that, we'll look into that, as some of our bills have seemed to be 'odd' at the least. We have now started to get our bills on line from Iberdrola, and we now, when at our villa, take readings so that we can check the bills (when we get them). The banking 'direct debit'system in Spain has always appeared to be a 'help yourself' method of making money, so you need to check all billings, and chase them up (if you can make contact with them).

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 8:47 AM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

I get my bill online and sent them an email asking for a refund and it was successful.  I understand you can call their customer services and speak in English if necessary as well if lots of you are having problems, this may be useful to know.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 11:53 AM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Just tried to register online. Their system doesn't like the last 4 digits of my bank account number. However, they seem to have no problem taking money from me. Tried ringing their 24 hour helpline, always engaged or unobtainable. I don't have a copy of the bill to hand, they are in Spain. Will try when I have one to hand unless someone has a better suggestion.

So far have spent 1 week in the villa since October and the charges are all over the place. Plus the power is turned off. I don't understand!

Like 0      
07 Mar 2009 12:43 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Unfortunately you will need your account details to be able to sort it by email. 

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 2:08 PM by Candyfloss Star rating in Cardiff / Mar Menor. 1605 posts Send private message

Candyfloss´s avatar

Hi Kev

Have you got anyone over there that can read your meters and speak Spanish? just a thought as I was lucky when our community were all overcharged ridiculous amounts (hundreds over estimated). Our president is Spanish and when he got in touch with them for me the money was returned straight away and we have had no further problems from them since.

This message was last edited by Candyfloss on 3/8/2009.

Like 0      
08 Mar 2009 3:53 PM by kev2006n Star rating in Sussex and Playa Fla.... 344 posts Send private message

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm going out on Thursday. So I will be able to look at the bills and check the meter reading. I spent a week in the villa in November. Since then it has been locked up and power turned off. So it shouldn't  be difficult to sort out! Famous last words!

I noticed on the site you can get half price electricity for 14 hoursa day but pay 127% for the other 10 hours. Has anyone tried that tariff? Also there is a social tariff if it isyour only place! Your only place in Spain? Does that mean a standing charge and free electricity if you only have a 3kwh rating? I've got so much to find out! We only bought at the end of October.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

gas bbq's - 4 posts
Wanted Exercise Bike - 1 posts
The Rat Book - 1 posts
The Rat Book - 0 posts
End of Nationwide free withdrawals - 4 posts
Europa Customers Check Your Bills - 9 posts
IS MONALISA OUT THERE? - 4 posts
fantastic bargain new golf clubs for sale! - 0 posts
MOVING TO NERJA - 0 posts
Put off by the credit crunch? - 8 posts
HAS ANYONE RENTED THROUGH HAPPY HOMES IN NERJA? - 1 posts
detatched villa - 1 posts
Spanish Books - 6 posts
New homes from hell 2009 - 7 posts
builder bankrupt - 3 posts
New to site. Anyone been through our problem - 8 posts
Mosquito Screens - 14 posts
alicante airport bus - 2 posts
Changing your postal address NIE - 13 posts
Rental Required in Marbella to Estepona area - 4 posts
Moving from Ireland? - 0 posts
Moving from Ireland? - 3 posts
range rover 1996 lhd spanish plates - 0 posts
Information required on SOS FACILITIES - 0 posts
Completion of phase II - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x