Europa Customers Check Your Bills

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2009 12:00 AM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

As communications costs are key to my business I aways thought that I was on top of matters untill last week when I had some spare time to check my telephone bills

Like many people, for the last 3 years,  I have been with a provider of low cost minutes EUROPA and had no real problems, regular bills etc and I have an ADSL service from Telefonica

Having seen some local providers offering international calls at between 1 cent and 2.9 cents per minute from other providers like Citrus Red and Tellitec I called EUROPA to discover that I was paying 4.9 cents per minute but, because I was a good customer they would immediately reduce the rate to 2.9 cents or for a payment of €5 I could make all calls at 1 cent per minute

After speaking to Citrus Red I also was advised that as a Telefonica ADSL customer I could still get free landline calls in Spain by pre-fixing the call with 1077

Needless to say I was a bit upset with EUROPA and complained to me advised in writing that the 2.9 cents was a special deal, this is not standard for all customers which is the reason there was no automatic reduction in my call rates.but it seems odd that this is the standard rate on their newspaper advertising and the standard rate from all of the other local providers

I suppose the advice if you are a customer  of EUROPA is check your rates as they certainly won´t be pro-acatively helping you and their response what pretty much tough luck 

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 7:22 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Can you please tell me what this Citrus Red is? What is the name of their site & is it a phone company  & has it got ASDL too?

Thanks.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 7:43 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I have not yet moved but they do have a website www.citrusred.com and telephone number is 902 907 392

They do have an ADSL service €29.95 per month for 1Mb but as I get 5Mb so I am sticking with Telefonica plus they were honest enough to tell me that it can take 3-4 weeks to move and I cannot affird to be without connectivity

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:11 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks for their website.  It looks like I still need telefonica line in order to use their service. I'm looking for an option not to use telefonica. Do you know of any company with these cheap rates without having to use telefonica?

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:27 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

There are various mobile providers around where you can get cheaper calls to the UK  including Tellitec howvever if you want to use amy of these type of companys that sell cheaper minutes to Spain and the UK

BT offer line installation in some areas but again this is a Telefonica line as a lower rental around €13 per month but calls are more expensive 3.3 cents per minute and you have to use them for calls so this, depending on useage, can be more expensive than Telefonica and another provider

I must ne the one person who didn´t have many problems getting a line installed, who gets a bills and yes I loose the service occassionally but generally it is OK

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:43 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I'm looking for landline in Spain & not mobile. Has every landline in Spain got to go thru'  telefonica?  I've heard bad things about telefonica & they're expensive. Isn't BT for UK only & I'm not in UK.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:49 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

I think that is unfair to believe that Telefonica are always rubbish, sometimes they get it right but if there is no infrastructure in the area then it can take A LONG TIME to get a line installed and in some areas you just cannot get a line

It all depends where you live

BT, through an agents scheme also provide lines but they just order the line from Telefonica so if there´s no line availability in your area then BT will have the same problems and there is also the Telefonica in English site which is another agent

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 8:57 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

I'm not saying that telefonica is rubbish but I rather not go thru them.

I think www.euphony.es has its own landline but I'm not 100% sure about it & they have good cheap rates  for the phone & ASDL.

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 9:12 PM by inspectahomespain Star rating in Orihuela Costa, Spai.... 2417 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

To use this service you first need a landline installed 

To explain the servives is known by operators as Carrier Pre Select, CPS and it works on the basis that calls are automatically routed through their own telecommunications switch allowing you to benefit from their lowe price per minute and they are able to collect the billing information

All of these providers do not require you to sign a contract for a fixed term

I believe that Euphony, like the other providers, offer a variety of calling packages not the installation of the landline and they dont offer this on their website, as with all of the other providers

You can deal with BT in Spain or Telefonica in English both of who are agents that can manage the process for you but you end up with a Telefonica line

Like 0      
04 Mar 2009 9:24 PM by Forhotspot Star rating. 233 posts Send private message

Thanks for your explanation.  I'm confused in Euphony site as it mentions about Euphony landline & I thought this is like telefonica.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

IS MONALISA OUT THERE? - 4 posts
fantastic bargain new golf clubs for sale! - 0 posts
MOVING TO NERJA - 0 posts
Put off by the credit crunch? - 8 posts
HAS ANYONE RENTED THROUGH HAPPY HOMES IN NERJA? - 1 posts
detatched villa - 1 posts
Spanish Books - 6 posts
New homes from hell 2009 - 7 posts
builder bankrupt - 3 posts
New to site. Anyone been through our problem - 8 posts
Mosquito Screens - 14 posts
alicante airport bus - 2 posts
Changing your postal address NIE - 13 posts
Rental Required in Marbella to Estepona area - 4 posts
Moving from Ireland? - 0 posts
Moving from Ireland? - 3 posts
range rover 1996 lhd spanish plates - 0 posts
Information required on SOS FACILITIES - 0 posts
Completion of phase II - 1 posts
Making a Will - 6 posts
ibedrola - 3 posts
Spanish Courts - 0 posts
electricity supply - 7 posts
St David's Day - 5 posts
Mexican package and white goods for sale - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x