Difference between Turistico Licence & Habitation Licence

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar

Hi, can anyone explain the exact difference between a Turistico Licence and Habitation Licence?  Thanks.

Impey

Like 0      
04 Mar 2007 4:43 PM by jerezgirl Star rating in Jerez de la Frontera. 43 posts Send private message

jerezgirl´s avatar

I´m sure there are more knowledgable people than me here, but I think a Turistico property is one that is licenced for economic purposes (eg, a hotel, or apartment for rent).  You are not supposed to reside in these properties, nor have them solely as a holiday home. 

That said, however, like most things in Spain this Turistico classification is usually totally ignored and people use the apartments for whatever they see fit - eg, full time residence.

You are supposed to pay 16% IVA (the full commercial rate) on the purchase price and banks are supposed to only lend up to about 50% of the value of the property.   In practice neither usually happens.

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:06 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Broadly speaking Jerez Girl you have got it about spòt on - some banks will lend more - a lot wont lend at all and a lot depends on what is on the N Simplé

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:02 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

A touristic apartment is built on turistic land where residential proerties are forbidden.  They are usually marketed with full furnitures, front desk services, laundry utilities...MAny developers use this " illegal game" to sell touristic units as residential apartments ( at residential prices). You will end up having a property with a touristic affection by which you legally need to put it in the market for a certain period of time a year.

If you want to buy a touristc aparment take into account taht you need to be offered of a " touristic explotation contract" together with the purchase contract.

My only advice: be sure on what you want, on what you are buying and be careful!

Best,

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 2:44 PM by Impey Star rating in London/Playa Flamenc.... 82 posts Send private message

Impey´s avatar

Maria,

Thank you very much for the info.

Impey

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 11:02 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

Hi Impey,

Are you having problems with the purchase at El Rincon then?

Just wondered, as I know there is a problem getting the habitation licenses for one of the phases, or have you been told they will be touristic licences?

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

No question too simple - 10 posts
law on static caravans - 0 posts
Youtube - 0 posts
Youtube - 3 posts
OVP-lawsuit against Aifos - 0 posts
director buying plot on development - 5 posts
Development at Benalmadena. - 1 posts
Webcam watching cafes on Torrevieja front etc - 0 posts
Our Justin - 1 posts
Goodnight thread, sleep tight, don't let the bed bugs bite - 102 posts
ANY ONE COME ACROSS A BREADMAKER - 7 posts
Lunar Eclipse - 17 posts
Schools in Spain - 7 posts
NEW .... SEARCH FACILITY UP & RUNNING, YIPPEEEEEEEEEEE !!! - 17 posts
Insurers only Insure per Sq Mts not for value of Propety - 6 posts
Nearest A&E unit to Duquesa - 2 posts
WANTED....3 BED APPARTMENT TO RENT.... Calahonda / Elviria area for Christmas - 0 posts
lewis - 0 posts
Water/Electricity Connection Charges - 5 posts
spanish will/inheritance tax - 1 posts
gines serran pagan´s paintings for sale - 9 posts
RIBS please - spare ones! - 27 posts
Cibo - El Presidente - Estepona - 0 posts
Tricky Rickys Guadalmina. CDS - 0 posts
Albertos Cabopino CDS - 9 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 6

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x