RIBS please - spare ones!

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

OK since we moved here we are desperate to find good spare ribs, succulent and juicy and plenty of them on the plate but not for a fortune.

Any ideas please before my kids go mad!

Thanks guys

Quite frankly m'dear, I don't give a damn!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 9:10 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Rixxy, that's easy.  "Roman Oasis" in Manilva.  Superb place they do the most amazing ribs with stunning barbecue source.  Ribs are cooked on a wood burning stove, you just can't beat it.

Only problem is that place only opens from June to September.  More info here:

http://www.insanctum.com/RomanOasis/

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 9:15 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Thanks Justin, will tell the kids we are saved by a knight in shining armour!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 12:59 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Peggotys too - never had them but am told they are lush and everything else they do is good - surroundings not idyllic nor wood burning stove but a very child friendly place

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 6:52 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Trouble is after getting a flyer on my car for their restaurant, we wenr and they were closed   So went to the restaurant on the corner and sulked into my wine! Will try them again if theyre open - the kids are having severe withdrawals and althogh I cook a mean roast and apple crumble - I cant do ribs!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
03 Mar 2007 8:46 PM by Rose1 Star rating in El Pilar, Estepona. 78 posts Send private message

Rose1´s avatar

You want the phone number to check the next time?  They only open in the evening and not Sunday I believe - did you go Dec/Jan when they had the month off? Theyre certainly back in action again now - if YOU have the fish go with an appetite - in fact you need an appetite for anything there - tend to stick to the spit roast myself - no smutty remarks thank you  

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:10 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Oh yes please! You will be loved forever by 3 ribettes!! Yes went there in Jan so should be open now! Thank you

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:12 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Its certainly reopened now Guapa - number is 952 868 898 - never had them myself but they look very tasty

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:19 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
And where exactly are they??  Just in case we get a craving, during our three week stay, for some good ribs???

Thanks

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:22 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar
Thanks Smiley - gosh ots hard to keep up with all the fast replies! I will leave you to explain where they are as I found them more by accident than design, however the restauranet next to them on the corner is superb - I have leg of lamb and the house red - cant remember what anyone else had!! 

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:27 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
So we are still talking about Peggotys here???  Would really like to know where they are - also to use the restaurant next door that Rixxy mentioned!!

Should we start a separate thread for Peggotys??

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 6:30 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

yes peggotys - apparently really good for fish ad chips too!

They are just past the benahavis road heading in the direction of gibraltar, just cant remember which exact turn off but can find it again driving there

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:35 PM by geoffers Star rating in Wirral and Riviera D.... 4 posts Send private message

geoffers´s avatar

My wife and I were in Fuengirola the other week, and always visit the Miramar shopping mall. My wife reckons the ribs at 'Hollywoods' on the first floor are really tasty, but the best ribs she has ever tasted were from a small bar/restaurant called 'AJ's' sports bar on the front in Fuengirola.

We watched Liverpool beat Barcelona in there, so everything tasted good to me that night! Seriously, apparently the meat on the ribs was extremely tender, and we will definitely pay a return visit shortly.

Adios Amigos and Amigas!

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 9:48 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

geoffers, I forgot about Hollywoods in Miramar centre.  I have tried the ribs there myself and I have to say they were pretty good, their barbecue sauce is very nice.  Mmmmmm ribs......

OK, now I'm starting to feel hungry again.......I need to keep away from this thread.

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 12:37 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Had the ribs at Fosters (Hollywood? - not sure if it's the same thing) at Plaza Mayor a few months ago, and am still having nightmares about them. Rubbery, tepid, disgusting sauce - and the service was crap too.

But geoffers, if the lads do their bit tomorrow at Anfield, anything will taste good! There'll be a small corner of Torremolinos singing "Walk On"..... 

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 12:25 PM by geoffers Star rating in Wirral and Riviera D.... 4 posts Send private message

geoffers´s avatar

Hi Roberto,

I hope your corner of Torremolinos enjoyed last night, I certainly did at Anfield!

I have lots of great memories of the match at Anfield, particularly European nights, and last night was right up there with the best. To play like that against one of the best, if not the best, teams in europe was a fantastic performance.

Back to ribs - the Hollywoods restaurant at the Miramar I think has also got 'Fosters' somewhere in it's decoration, so unsure if it's the same one you went to.

You mentioned Plaza Mayor, but didn't say which town? The Miramar Mall is on the N340 (or the A-7, depending which sign you read!) on the edge om Fuengirola.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 1:01 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Geoffers

Match was compulsive viewing even for a non Liverpool fan ...should have been 4 up before they scored...but felt hanging on a bit at the end...and isnt that 2 defeats at home 1 nil in 4 days...bar was full of liverpool fans and I am in Budapest!!! ...its called Beckitts and they didnt have ribs on!!

john

Regards

John

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 1:16 PM by Rixxy Star rating in San Pedro. 2010 posts Send private message

Rixxy´s avatar

Well if your in Fuengirola and at the port then the Family bar are the best for ribs. In fact they are so good (until recently I used to live there) that for a treat I bring some back with me!! Dutch bar excellent food and a hilarious place to be when the Dutch are playing someone!

Myramar centre is along the N340 next to dunnes and Plaza Mayor is just after the airport turn off on the way to Malaga!

Been everywhere me!

www.herbalmarbella.com

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 5:58 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

So Rixxy, you get around a bit, eh? Interesting!

JC1, don't know Beckitts, but last time I was in Budapest I noticed an unusually large number of Spanish tourists. Is this normal? It seems to me the Spanish rarely venture outside the Spanish speaking world - just check out the ads in travel agent windows - it's almost all Central & S.America.

FYI geoffers, Plaza Mayor, by Malaga airport, has a wide choice of restaurants (including Posada de Antonio - Banderas, that is), a multi screen cinema with at least one English language movie always showing, a bowling alley & amusement arcade plus numerous bars and clubs. The Malaga-Fuengirola train stops there, and there's loads of parking (except on sundays). By next year there'll also be IKEA nearby! What more could you ask for?

Great match last night - on the edge of my sofa for 90 minutes! Not quite the same as being there, but if I ring my nephew and ask him to open a window, I can hear the Kop singing!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 7:17 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Roberto

Its the ubiquious Irish Bar near the west End..it was swarming...busier tonight it will be to watch the red devils....there are a few swarthy looking southern european types here..some supporting Barca...but been replaced by American and chinese tourists...It was an excellent match though

john

Regards

John

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Cibo - El Presidente - Estepona - 0 posts
Tricky Rickys Guadalmina. CDS - 0 posts
Albertos Cabopino CDS - 9 posts
Palm Beach Los Monteros CDS - 0 posts
BARGAIN 2bed - ONLY 149´000euros - 4 posts
Printer & Scanner 4sale - 2 posts
JeansSis' 1000th post !!! - 19 posts
Princesa Kristina Duquesa - 3 posts
'Spanish Music Good, Bad or Indifferent'. There's more to it than'Viva España' - 15 posts
ADVISE ON PENTHOUSE IN DUQUESA PLEASE - 1 posts
Advice For First Time Buyers Please……… - 3 posts
Anyone for a meet up around Duquesa next week? - 161 posts
E111 Forms - 12 posts
R U on Messenger ? - 0 posts
HEALTH CARD - 2 posts
Wok Buffet Asia - Urb Plays de Orihuella, Costa Blanca - 1 posts
San Rafael, Duquesa, CDS - 14 posts
Venta La Choza, Casares costa, CDS - 5 posts
Making That Big Decision - 3 posts
Asiatico Chinese, Guardamar, CB - 2 posts
Meson El Prado, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
SEEKING ADVICE .... - 7 posts
VIP Cartagena - 0 posts
Fox's - Sabinillas, Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Compensation - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 28

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x