Albertos Cabopino CDS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
02 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Very Camp - suits you sir - but then the proprietors have a leaning that way. Interior decor has to be seen to be believed like something out of a 19th century bordello - great location for outside dining and the food is good too - good quality Sunday lunch for about 16€ I think (2 courses) - not pre cooked beef and lamb that is reheated!

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 6:34 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
SORRY ITS ACTUALLY ALBERTS BUT DONT KNOW HOW TO EDIT THE THREAD TITLE

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
05 Mar 2007 7:18 PM by johnone Star rating in La Reserva de Marbel.... 233 posts Send private message

johnone´s avatar

Alberts Home Made Cheesecakes to Die for

Johnone

Dime con quién andas y te diré quién eres.

Like 0      
06 Mar 2007 12:31 AM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Like Smiley said, very camp - but don't we just lurrrrve it? Last time we dined there, the bill (check) was delivered to our table in a shiny red 6" stiletto shoe.

(Smiley is rushing over there now to reclaim his lost property even as you read this!)

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 7:15 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
They have all my old shoes Rob - problem is I m a bit heavy on my feet so the heels break and when they have been repaired they are just not the same so give them to the boys.

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 5:45 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Spanking Sunday lunch here with excellent company Sunday last - about 33 per head including drinks wine etc so not CHEAP but food was excellent and we had three courses - massive shoulder of lamb that my daughter could not finish as was full so took it home and I had it cold last night - mind you she had enough room for the chocolate fondue .......funny that!

Like 0      
13 Mar 2007 7:22 PM by miket Star rating in La Mairena, Elviria. 371 posts Send private message

Yes Pat,

Alberts is always Very Camp, Excellent food and reassuringly expensive!! Chrismas decorations the best you'll ever see............Look forward to you treating me to a meal there at the end of the month Pat? Remember to book early to avoid disappointment !!!!!!

Oh and thanks for the offer.........

Mike T

Mike T

Like 0      
14 Mar 2007 6:16 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Not sure I know what you mean Mike - were you thinking of camping it up together or something - pop down the nudist beach on the pull after as well if you like

Like 0      
14 Jun 2007 10:25 AM by shoalcreek Star rating in Cheshire. 2 posts Send private message

shoalcreek´s avatar
It's under new management!  We always visit Albert's at least once every trip but this month discovered it wasn't quite the same - aprt frmo the prices that is!  Menu not as good and the chocolate fondue is now served up with marshmallows rather than all the various fruit.  Quelle domage! (oh, sorry, wrong language - what's the Spanish equivalent?).

Like 0      
15 Jun 2007 1:03 PM by suemac Star rating in Jumilla, Murcia. 1001 posts Send private message

Hi

Well, we have never visited this restaurant, even though friends of ours recommended it!  We went down there and had a look at the menu, which didn't particularly impress us and which we thought was expensive for what it was.  We strolled round to the far side and found a place on the beach, which was full of Spanish people, and where we had a good meal which was substantially cheaper that Albert's!  Sorry, can't remember the name - maybe somebody else knows it?

Sue

Sue Walker

Author of "Retiring the Ole Way", now available on Amazon

See my blog about our life in Spain: www.spainuncovered.com

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Palm Beach Los Monteros CDS - 0 posts
BARGAIN 2bed - ONLY 149´000euros - 4 posts
Printer & Scanner 4sale - 2 posts
JeansSis' 1000th post !!! - 19 posts
Princesa Kristina Duquesa - 3 posts
'Spanish Music Good, Bad or Indifferent'. There's more to it than'Viva España' - 15 posts
ADVISE ON PENTHOUSE IN DUQUESA PLEASE - 1 posts
Advice For First Time Buyers Please……… - 3 posts
Anyone for a meet up around Duquesa next week? - 161 posts
E111 Forms - 12 posts
R U on Messenger ? - 0 posts
HEALTH CARD - 2 posts
Wok Buffet Asia - Urb Plays de Orihuella, Costa Blanca - 1 posts
San Rafael, Duquesa, CDS - 14 posts
Venta La Choza, Casares costa, CDS - 5 posts
Making That Big Decision - 3 posts
Asiatico Chinese, Guardamar, CB - 2 posts
Meson El Prado, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
SEEKING ADVICE .... - 7 posts
VIP Cartagena - 0 posts
Fox's - Sabinillas, Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Compensation - 1 posts
sunny almeria - 0 posts
new to this forum - 5 posts
4Less Group - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 10

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x