opticians etc

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
27 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by gravitatingsouth Star rating in wales. 58 posts Send private message

as contact and glasses wearers one thing we need to consider is: spanish opticians

do they exist?   whats the procedure for getting annual eye tests for prescription changes?

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 3:03 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi there. Check out these that are in the board called Utilities in Spain under OWNING A PROPERTY

specsavers           Eye Tests

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 4:36 PM by gravitatingsouth Star rating in wales. 58 posts Send private message

Hi,

thanks for that, my question wasnt meant to offend,i was curious to find out if as my wife is diabetic and has to have annual checks re  early glaucoma detection which due to age and  diabetes are free and can either be done at a registered opthamologist optician or eye hospital - whether this would also be available in spain.

as we're both also contacts and glasses users wanted to know if you broke the lense or lost a contact you could go to any spanish optician for a replacement or would they only do things like that for a customer/patient based person meaning you'd have to phone home and order in uk and get it posted out.

hope that clarifys my reason to ask, i really do not want to upset anyone as i am a believer in : "information is power"  the more you know the more you stay in control and hopefully lessen the suprises or stumbles as you tiptoe through the long and winding road of life.

again sincere thanks to those who did not mock me  :)

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 7:47 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Once you are a resident and registered with the Spanish health service, you will be able to get the checks you need done, probably at the local hospital. Alternatively, there are private eye clinics everywhere. As for regular eye tests, or replacement lenses, you can walk into any optician. Not sure how prices compare to the UK though.

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 8:13 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

costa de la luz aymonte/esuri huelva area villas - 0 posts
OUR PETITIONS - 6 posts
animal shavings for bedding in short supply new echo friendly animal bedding coming soon - 3 posts
Holiday homes for rent in the Costa Brava. - 0 posts
Sabinillas Feria - 1 posts
Car hire without CREDIT card ? - 9 posts
Non subscribing TV - 6 posts
Buying second hand cars in Spain - 7 posts
Baby baby baby I need help! - 4 posts
Carnival in Aguilas, Murcia - 6 posts
Getting an NIE number for a bed ridden relative - 4 posts
Sevilla: A wonder - 0 posts
Play area surface - 1 posts
Kingsize Bed Required - 0 posts
Beware new electricity billing system - 18 posts
habitacion licence help please - 3 posts
Hard Disk video recorder for sale, for those that don't have Sky Plus - 0 posts
Hacienda Del Alamo - 0 posts
Hacienda Del Alamo - 5 posts
Sundays are for music: Spanish songs of the 50´s,60´s and 70´s - 4 posts
Skype Mobile - 1 posts
one for Maria - 2 posts
Long term rental need - 2 posts
Paul Krugman mentions Spain - 3 posts
UK in recession, buy in Spain instead? - 88 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x