one for Maria

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
24 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by andy10 Star rating in birmingham. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Once again I am asking for your help.

Last year we got my money back from the builders of a development that they decided not to build. as we were still keen to buy in spain we found another place that was for sale and agreed a price with the sellers .The agent agent we used said he would arrange for a mortgage and act as the go between.he asked us for 1000 euros which he said the sellers had asked for as a security deposit.This was to be refundable if we could not obtain a mortgage. We have a receipt to this affect signed by the agent.

This agent made many promises to us and said that the Mortgage had been agrred in principle by the bank. We started finding him difficult to get hold of so just before christmas we contacted the seller who were very surprised to hear from us and said that the property had been sold to someone else as they had heard nothing from the agent since we agreed the sale and had assumed that we no longer wanted to buy the property.They were not aware that the agent had taken 1000 euros from us.

We are very angry with the agent who we feel lost us this propery.We doubt that he ever tried to get us a mortgage as no search showed up on our credit report and despite asking him on several occasions,we never saw any paperwork.

He is now ignoring our emails and phonecalls asking for our 1000euros back.

This guy was working for an agency but said he was setting up on his own so signed the receipt in the nameof an agency  that we dont think existed.

What we would like to know is how can we get our money back?I know its only a small amount but We dont see why he should get away with ripping us off. Is there a small claims proceedure that wont cost an arm and a leg.?

Also, Can we  post his details on the site ?as we would like to warn others about this crook..

Your help would as always be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

This message was last edited by andy10 on 1/24/2009.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 3:10 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Do you keep receipt of the payments?

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 6:40 PM by andy10 Star rating in birmingham. 14 posts Send private message

Hi Maria,

Yes we have a receipt for the 1000 euros that we gave to the agent..

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Long term rental need - 2 posts
Paul Krugman mentions Spain - 3 posts
UK in recession, buy in Spain instead? - 88 posts
Spanish TV Urbanisation issue - 2 posts
Brand new sat dish for sale - 0 posts
Can anyone give me a lift to Malaga airport from San Pedro ( I'll pay you!) - 0 posts
Moving down to live in spain - 1 posts
Mortgage Angel - 0 posts
power of attorney - 12 posts
anyone used Abolex Lawyers????? - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Castellon - 0 posts
RC Equipment - 1 posts
RC Equipment - 0 posts
Car prices in Spain - 11 posts
We've pulled out - 4 posts
Simo - Peniscola - 0 posts
Cancer - 2 posts
Peñíscola Owners - 3 posts
Maria - need some help can't seem to get any sense from my lawyer - 12 posts
Driving from the UK - 3 posts
Life insurance - 7 posts
Block 37 - 0 posts
First time visit! - 14 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x