Non subscribing TV

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by swanny Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Hi

Can anyone let me know what my options are for getting English and Spanish TV in Spain.  As my apartment is only a holiday home I do not think it is feasible to subscribe to Sky.  I have heard of a digital box but am unsure as to what this is.  Is it the Spanish equivalent to English Freeview?

We currently have a system which was a pay the one off fee and receive 10 channels but with the masts being recently removed we are no longer getting a signal. 

Can anyone give me a number of a technician who undertakes work like this in the Torrevieja area?

Any information is appreciated.

Thanks

Swanny

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 8:39 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

The Spanish version of Freeview is Television Digital Terrestrial - or TDT. you can get around 30 digital spanish channels via a TV aerial and a TDT receiver.

And on some channels / programmes you can change the audio to the programmes original audio - ie if a movie from the USA, you should be ableto change the audio into English.

With a small 80cm dish, and a freetoair satellite receiver you can get a handful of channels such as BBC NEws, Sky News, BBC Sports, BBC Radion1,2,3,4 and a few other "straight to dvd" movie channels. I am sure i posted a link for the channels somewhere on here....

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 8:50 PM by swanny Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks for this.

In addition since we have had the dish installed we have not been able to receive any Spanish TV.  Could this be because it has been wired up incorrectly by the installers?

Swanny

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 9:40 PM by satandpcguy Star rating in Gandia, Valencia. 399 posts Send private message

satandpcguy´s avatar

many lazy installers try and use the existing cable in the house as they cannot be bothered to run new cable - which should be included int he price of the installation!!! many telmicro (ex) clients found they hd not spanissh tvas the TM installers had used the TV aerial cable to connect their equuipment, instead of either running a new cable or "mixing " the two signals togetrher.

the only thing to do is to trace the TV aerial cable and see where it is doisconnect - start at the tv aerial and work your way along!

www.satandpcguy.com Satellite TV & Sky TV in Spain installers. Costa Blanca, Azahar and Valencia areas.

"Like" us on Facebook

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 1:21 PM by swanny Star rating. 14 posts Send private message

Thanks very much this has been a great help.

If only I had known about TDT before getting the cowboys in!!!

Swanny

Like 0      
07 Apr 2009 9:40 PM by brewer Star rating. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

Regarding the TDT and english channels service, please does any one know the name and telephone number of a supplier of this in the Mar Menor region? Many thanks

Like 0      
08 Apr 2009 9:59 AM by lifeline Star rating in Murcia. 365 posts Send private message

lifeline´s avatar

Try the new Mar Menor site set up by JEDK. We have had a lot of help from her about schools etc as we are moving to the area soon. 

marmenorlife.co.cc 

(yes cc!)

Daveil

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Buying second hand cars in Spain - 7 posts
Baby baby baby I need help! - 4 posts
Carnival in Aguilas, Murcia - 6 posts
Getting an NIE number for a bed ridden relative - 4 posts
Sevilla: A wonder - 0 posts
Play area surface - 1 posts
Kingsize Bed Required - 0 posts
Beware new electricity billing system - 18 posts
habitacion licence help please - 3 posts
Hard Disk video recorder for sale, for those that don't have Sky Plus - 0 posts
Hacienda Del Alamo - 0 posts
Hacienda Del Alamo - 5 posts
Sundays are for music: Spanish songs of the 50´s,60´s and 70´s - 4 posts
Skype Mobile - 1 posts
one for Maria - 2 posts
Long term rental need - 2 posts
Paul Krugman mentions Spain - 3 posts
UK in recession, buy in Spain instead? - 88 posts
Spanish TV Urbanisation issue - 2 posts
Brand new sat dish for sale - 0 posts
Can anyone give me a lift to Malaga airport from San Pedro ( I'll pay you!) - 0 posts
Moving down to live in spain - 1 posts
Mortgage Angel - 0 posts
power of attorney - 12 posts
anyone used Abolex Lawyers????? - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 7

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x