Getting an NIE number for a bed ridden relative

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
26 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by izzy999 Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Does anyone know how i get an NIE number for a bed ridden relative?

When i go to the local police office they tell me he has to go in person nothing else is allowed.

The medication bills from the pharmacy are over 1k now and nothing can be claimed back without an NIE number.

The relative is 87 and ill for some time and is unable to move or make himself understood.I had to get a certificate of life for the UK pensions so is there something similar i can do to get this NIE number?

Finaly  do Spanish have similar carers system to the UK or am i best trying to get him back to the UK?

Thanks Izzy

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 1:55 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Dear Izzy: Please have answers below in bold green ( same text of your email):

Does anyone know how i get an NIE number for a bed ridden relative? A Notary can go to her house so she can grant POA for you to apply for the NIE number on her behalf.

When i go to the local police office they tell me he has to go in person nothing else is allowed. You can apply through Notary POA.

The medication bills from the pharmacy are over 1k now and nothing can be claimed back without an NIE number.

The relative is 87 and ill for some time and is unable to move or make himself understood. Can she write? I had to get a certificate of life for the UK pensions so is there something similar i can do to get this NIE number? Notary POA for you to apply for her NIE on her behalf.

Finaly  do Spanish have similar carers system to the UK or am i best trying to get him back to the UK? Well... I cannot answer this as I do not know the care system in the UK.

You can have some information on Medical system in Spain here: http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/1083/legal-tip-26--overview-of-the-health-system-in-spain.aspx

Thanks Izzy

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 2:27 PM by izzy999 Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Thanks Maria xx

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 11:26 AM by izzy999 Star rating. 56 posts Send private message

Hi i went to the notary who told me he could not do a home visit as the relative is English and does not speak Spanish. He told me i had to use an English speaking solicitor who would do a document stating he is of sound mind etc etc and then this solicitor would give the document once signed by the relative to the notary and everything would then be done in 1 day.

I contacted the only English speaking solicitor in our region who told me that he would only get involved on condition that he the solicitor was power of attorney for all the relatives financial matters and he wanted a large up front fee 200€ plus additional costs and that the process would take 20 days.

Apart from sounding very much like a scam my relative probably does not have 20 days left and even if he is around longer than this he won´t be of sound mind by then.

All i want is an NIE number for him so the doctor can do home visits (They have refused without this) he has no assets here so there is no need for anything except an NIE number.

Is there anything in Spanish i can quote to the notary say an act or a document to quote.We seem to be stuck as with only 1 English speaking solicitor we have no alternatives and i don´t fancy giving this guy full control over everything or any fee for that matter.

Regards Izzy

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 7:46 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Hey!

In Spain, everyone has rights for urgent medical assiatance... no papers are needed at all ( nationals and foreigners):

You may like to read the information below:

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/1031/legal-tip-20-right-to-health-care-of-foreigners-in-spain.aspx

http://www.eyeonspain.com/blogs/costaluz/1083/legal-tip-26--overview-of-the-health-system-in-spain.aspx

Best,

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Sevilla: A wonder - 0 posts
Play area surface - 1 posts
Kingsize Bed Required - 0 posts
Beware new electricity billing system - 18 posts
habitacion licence help please - 3 posts
Hard Disk video recorder for sale, for those that don't have Sky Plus - 0 posts
Hacienda Del Alamo - 0 posts
Hacienda Del Alamo - 5 posts
Sundays are for music: Spanish songs of the 50´s,60´s and 70´s - 4 posts
Skype Mobile - 1 posts
one for Maria - 2 posts
Long term rental need - 2 posts
Paul Krugman mentions Spain - 3 posts
UK in recession, buy in Spain instead? - 88 posts
Spanish TV Urbanisation issue - 2 posts
Brand new sat dish for sale - 0 posts
Can anyone give me a lift to Malaga airport from San Pedro ( I'll pay you!) - 0 posts
Moving down to live in spain - 1 posts
Mortgage Angel - 0 posts
power of attorney - 12 posts
anyone used Abolex Lawyers????? - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Long Term Rental Property Required Cartagena Area - 2 posts
Castellon - 0 posts
RC Equipment - 1 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x