It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
29 Jan 2009 11:44 AM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

The confusion with the June deadline, is that Residents of Spain have always used the 210 form to submit thier taxes.

Their deadline to submit was always end of June, Non Residents were always end of December

You can pay these taxes yourself annually, it's easy to do, I do it, so have many others.

I have a Guide on offer, with full instructions and free after sales support, plus updated version when changes occur.

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 1:54 PM by peterray Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

A form 211 is now appearing on spanish tax website - english non residents -. What is this needed for ?

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 2:47 PM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

The 211 form is a retention for non resident when they sell a house. The same day that you sign at the Notary your sale, the buyer take the 3% on the sale price as a withholding. They have one month to pay that at the Inland Revenue and the seller has four months to pay the capital gain tax (18% on the profit).

If you have no profit you are allowed to claim this amount back from the Inland Revenue. You have four months since you sign the Sale Title Deed, and the Inland Revenue research if you have no debts on that property. Once, they check that everything is in order with the property bills and taxes, they proceed to return your money back.

Mar Durio

Costaluz Lawyers  

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 3:12 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Can anyone throw any light on the Wealth Tax, that ended in December 2008.

Q: Why was it abolished?

I heard that it was illegal, and therefore stopped.

Also, a new 'Wealth Tax' has been introduced starting in 2009.

The previous wealth tax for non-residents was approximately (300-500 euros) a year (inc solicitor fees)

I was informed today that the new wealth tax has been issued to a friend - for 25euros!!  Now that's what I call a result!

*A lot of posting on tax issues should not be taken for granted - see a solicitor or tax officer - to sort out your tax returns.  It will save a lot of problems, and sleepless nights.

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 3:42 PM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

Actually, the wealth tax is not abolished neither residents nor non residents. The Spanish authority  has referred to the “cuota íntegra” (taxable amount, i.e. the title deed price of the property), in this sense, a 100% bonus will be applied to individual liabilities for personal duties or paying taxes. In the same way, they could change the law again.

Mar Durio

Tax Adviser

www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 4:27 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Mar Durio,

So what are you actually saying, That we are still paying the tax in another way.  Sorry a bit confused here.

Pat

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 4:36 PM by FibbyUK Star rating in UK, Surrey & Playa F.... 2349 posts Send private message

FibbyUK´s avatar

I think what he mean is that Residents have always been liable for Wealth Tax, but there was a zero percent rating for them.

Now, Non Residents will still be liable, but will also have a zero rating.

Officialdom gone mad me thinks, why have the tax at all?

But..........of course they can change the rating at any time, so that's why they haven't abolished the tax entirely.

Regards,

FibbyUK

One off fee to pay your own La Renta tax (210 Form)
Check out my website:

http://www.payingtaxesinspain210form.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 4:45 PM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Yes, it is all a little confusing, but at least the new wealth tax has been drastically reduced - and that gives a few euros extra to buy in another crate of wine!  Enjoy while the sun is shining, I say!

If I am informed correctly my fees for 2009 are approximately 25euros.  A big drop for the previous years, approx 400-500 euros.

Mar Durio: re: the “cuota íntegra” (taxable amount, i.e. the title deed price of the property), a 100% bonus will be applied to individual liabilities for personal duties or paying taxes.

Can you put me in the picture.  I paid 110,000 euros for my property in 2004.  What do you think the wealth tax will be for me in 2009? I would be grateful if you could kindly let me know.  Thank you. 

Like 0      
10 Feb 2009 4:46 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Thanks for that Fibby,

Yes I understand that, I agree I think all taxes should be abolished.

I wish.

Pat    

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 9:18 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

I am sorry for the mess. I mean, that the Spanish Authorities from 2008 no one (resident and non resident) has to pay wealth tax, only income tax. Spanish Residents have a system of taxes, and non residents have another duty.

It is the same in other countries, when you are non resident.

Mar Durio

Tax Adviser

www.costaluzlawyers.es  

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 10:06 AM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Mar Durio.

Was the Wealth Tax that was abolished in December 2008 illegal?

If not, Why was it ended?

There is a reason, but surely, the Spanish Government didn't stop it to do the non-residents a favour?

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 10:36 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

Dear Acky,

It is was not illegal. It was a t ax for having a property in Spain.

It was ended, because the Spanish authorities are dropping the taxes to make the crisis easier.

Mar Durio

Tax Adviser

www.costaluzlawyers.es  

Like 0      
11 Feb 2009 10:40 AM by Acky Star rating. 58 posts Send private message

Mar Durio

Thank you for time, it is very much appreciated.

And, at last, after talk of the wealth tax being 'illegal' in some quarters, I am pleased that you have put matters right from your officialdom, and ended the 'idle gossip' that occurs from certain quarters in Spain when issues arise.

Gracias   

Like 0      
16 Feb 2009 1:34 PM by peterray Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

I am taking forms 210 for four joint owners to the tax office to get the stickers (las pegatinas)

Do I put my name as the" presentador"  in every case as they are not with me .

thank you

Peter Ray

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 8:47 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

That is right, you have to put your name as presentador and the name of the owner as contribuyente, or in straightforward terms stamp the stickers

Mar Durio

Tax adviser

www.costaluzlawyers.es

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 10:15 AM by BSCI oldboy Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

It appears to be form 210 for actual rental income.  What about the notional rental income that was entered onto form 214 for non residents who do not rent their propoerty out?  Note any declaration on form 210 for year 2008 has to be paid by 30 June 2009

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 10:15 AM by BSCI oldboy Star rating. 16 posts Send private message

It appears to be form 210 for actual rental income.  What about the notional rental income that was entered onto form 214 for non residents who do not rent their propoerty out?  Note any declaration on form 210 for year 2008 has to be paid by 30 June 2009

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 12:49 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

I have just come back from our solicitors in Aguilas and asked this question. They have said there has still been no notification about the abolition of the tax to them yet. I asked about the 210 and he told me it didn't apply to  non residents unless we had more than one property .

Mark

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 2:47 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Mark, in my  MORE'S BLOG  I write about a lawyer emailing a member in another forum, in which their lawyer says (& this goes back to early January)

This year, the Spanish government indeed studied the possibility of withdrawing its Wealth Tax. Subsequently and by means of Law 4/2008 of December 23, published in the OSG of 25/12/2008, the Spanish Wealth Tax was finally abolished.

I started this thread with that but it's obviously buried on another page.

I have been chatting with http://spain214.com/default.aspx & they say that they are awaiting further instructions from the tax office as they've been told that the 214 is being changed to the 210 but there will be a new 210 to take account of the change.

Like 0      
17 Feb 2009 10:49 PM by crackers Star rating in Devon / Costa del So.... 81 posts Send private message

I have been chatting with http://spain214.com/default.aspx & they say that they are awaiting further instructions from the tax office as they've been told that the 214 is being changed to the 210 but there will be a new 210 to take account of the change.

Yes, I can confirm this.  I went into the tax office in Torremolinos to ask about the form 210 and was told that they had not received it yet.  That was the end of January and I was advised to go back in about three months. I can't imagine that they will expect our returns to be in by the end of June, not this year anyway!

This message was last edited by crackers on 2/17/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term rental wanted Los Alcazares - 4 posts
earn up 25€ per hour - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to England. - 0 posts
Justin & Susan's Siesta show - 50 posts
Ingofersa - 51 posts
Acceptability of solid log homes in Spain - 5 posts
New to Forum - 19 posts
Legal advice - 5 posts
Never a happy spanish experience if you bought your property through atlas international and paid in full! - 1 posts
Anyone heard of....... - 0 posts
Free Holiday in Andalucian Farmhouse in exchange for House & Animal Sit - 1 posts
Valuation of property - 2 posts
A Legal Question - re; Buying and licences - 0 posts
Car boots and markets - 11 posts
Builder's supply of water and electricity - 16 posts
Trampolin Hills - Royal Dream - Action Group - Anyone on it? - 1 posts
Builder has taken out mortgages on properties - 5 posts
Child with Autism/Asbergers Syndrome - Any educational facilities east of Malaga? - 2 posts
Santander buys GE Capital Bank Ltd - 1 posts
Looking for Iberbanda wireless router - 4 posts
Generator for sale. New. Diesel engine - 0 posts
vet in france - 0 posts
For sale: Brand new Ikea furniture - 0 posts
Mortgage switch - 2 posts
Loan guarantor - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 122

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x