It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
21 Sep 2009 6:18 PM by leswill Star rating. 120 posts Send private message

Hi Ensalada, I do agree that the calculation required to complete the modelo 210 is a simple one and although I am not the person who 'touts a guide for profit', I do offer a service to complete this form and feel I need to speak up in my defence here.  For many years fiscal reps have charged large sums of money to non residents and it is now clear that the filling in of one form cannot justify such a cost.  A couple of years ago I realised there is a market to complete the non resident tax form at a much more reasonable price to enable people to pay the bills in their own bank and have peace of mind that the form is completed accurately.  For all my clients I run an initial check to see if tax office registration has been done and I obtain the identification stickers whenever possible.  If the registration has not been done (and this is increasingly  the case now with new purchases)  then another form needs to be completed before the tax can be paid and not everybody feels confident to deal with this themselves. Secondly, if people have previously used a fiscal rep to pay the tax they will need to notify the tax office that they intend to deal with their own financial affairs and for correspondence to go to their own address rather than the fiscal rep and this requires a form to be filled in  - I also complete the necessary paperwork to sort this out for people changing to my service.  Many people do not feel confident with tackling a Spanish form on their own, even with a guide in English.

Good luck and well done to those who are managing to sort out their own finances, and I am providing a simple, economical way for those who do not feel up to coping with the Spanish authorities themselves but want to avoid extortionate costs.   I have witnessed on many occasions English people in the local tax office in Spain trying to communicate in English and they are just waved away.  One last thing, the figure used to calculate the base figure for the tax from the VC is not always 1.1% - it depends on where the property is situated and could be 2% in  some areas.

Like 0      
21 May 2012 9:46 PM by anthomo16 Star rating. 104 posts Send private message

Help please folks I now understand that the form 210 has been replaced by form 209, can this be done online and is this true?

Like 0      

Pages: Previous | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | ... |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term rental wanted Los Alcazares - 4 posts
earn up 25€ per hour - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to England. - 0 posts
Justin & Susan's Siesta show - 50 posts
Ingofersa - 51 posts
Acceptability of solid log homes in Spain - 5 posts
New to Forum - 19 posts
Legal advice - 5 posts
Never a happy spanish experience if you bought your property through atlas international and paid in full! - 1 posts
Anyone heard of....... - 0 posts
Free Holiday in Andalucian Farmhouse in exchange for House & Animal Sit - 1 posts
Valuation of property - 2 posts
A Legal Question - re; Buying and licences - 0 posts
Car boots and markets - 11 posts
Builder's supply of water and electricity - 16 posts
Trampolin Hills - Royal Dream - Action Group - Anyone on it? - 1 posts
Builder has taken out mortgages on properties - 5 posts
Child with Autism/Asbergers Syndrome - Any educational facilities east of Malaga? - 2 posts
Santander buys GE Capital Bank Ltd - 1 posts
Looking for Iberbanda wireless router - 4 posts
Generator for sale. New. Diesel engine - 0 posts
vet in france - 0 posts
For sale: Brand new Ikea furniture - 0 posts
Mortgage switch - 2 posts
Loan guarantor - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 122

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x