Looking for Iberbanda wireless router

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Having decided to go down the Iberbanda route for wi- fi, I am looking for a wireless router that is compatible. The supplying shop can offer one for around €60, is that a good price? I understand the router has to be a cable router (as opposed to adsl modem router), so does that mean I could use a Netgear/ Belkin router for a UK cable internet service? I know the connection to the phone socket will be different, but assume they will all have the same connector to the rear of the router, then it is just a case of buying a new socket cable. Was thinking about Spanish eBay, but not sure about that yet.

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
18 Jan 2009 2:52 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi Mark

Yeah, it uses a cable router, if I remember right.

We used to use Iberbanda and may have the router somewhere.  I'll have a look in the office tomorrow and if i can find it you can just have it.  We got it free anyway.

I'll take a look at let you know.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
18 Jan 2009 3:01 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Wow thanks Justin, what a star you are.

Mark

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 5:37 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Mark, we've looked everywhere but I think we must have binned it a couple of months ago when we were having a clear out.  Sorry.  It had been here for about 18 months doing nothing!

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 5:41 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2626 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Not a problem Justin. Thanks for offering/ looking anyway. I am going to buy a cable router from PC World before I come out in February as they are only £25 and see if that works. If not, I can take it back when I return to the UK. Win win really .

Mark

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Generator for sale. New. Diesel engine - 0 posts
vet in france - 0 posts
For sale: Brand new Ikea furniture - 0 posts
Mortgage switch - 2 posts
Loan guarantor - 2 posts
Changing your Spanish Mortgage - 8 posts
desperate for info and help on dispute with atlas/aroca/builder and lack of deeds....all replies welcome - 4 posts
Change of Gated Community into Commercial Community - 6 posts
Rumours of Euroland - 12 posts
New to eyeonspain - buying on Trampolin Royal Dream - 12 posts
Dubai - 0 posts
Dubai - 3 posts
At what point can a bank guarantee be executed? - 16 posts
furniture wanted - 2 posts
residencia certificate - 26 posts
Broadband Service in the Manilva Area & Compatible Computer Connections - 4 posts
Digital Radio in Spain - 7 posts
CONVERTING RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR TO LEFT HAND DRIVE - 37 posts
life guard - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to Murcia. - 0 posts
Planning permission needed? - 8 posts
Satellite TV Tenerife - 1 posts
builders mortgage - 5 posts
Thanks! - 0 posts
Is the current economic climate a reason for non completion. - 8 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 5

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x