Mortgage switch

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
17 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by Bagpus Star rating in Sunderland/Rojales. 1 posts Send private message

Hi

Just joined the forum and i would like to ask advice re switching my mortgage, i am wioth Bankinter since 2006 and as you know repayments have gone from approx £500 to £700 per month. Is it worth looking to switch to a british mortgage, seeing rates are now so low, also what is approx cost of switching. I have read that Halifax may be a good option.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2009 8:03 PM by shenouda Star rating. 7 posts Send private message

Dear Sir,

I am also thinking along those line as I feel a mortgage in the Uk is more controllable and safer.

I can get an interest only mortgage in the UK and this sounds much cheaper than the repayment mortgage from Spain Banks at least until we ride the storm.

The only major drawback is the exchange rate at present which will defeat any benefit from switching the mortgage to a UK bank with its current low rate and flexibility.

Like 0      
17 Jan 2009 11:56 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar

Remortgage costs in Spain are between 6 and 7% of the size of loan (thus 6,000 to 7,000€ per 100,000€).

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Loan guarantor - 2 posts
Changing your Spanish Mortgage - 8 posts
desperate for info and help on dispute with atlas/aroca/builder and lack of deeds....all replies welcome - 4 posts
Change of Gated Community into Commercial Community - 6 posts
Rumours of Euroland - 12 posts
New to eyeonspain - buying on Trampolin Royal Dream - 12 posts
Dubai - 0 posts
Dubai - 3 posts
At what point can a bank guarantee be executed? - 16 posts
furniture wanted - 2 posts
residencia certificate - 26 posts
Broadband Service in the Manilva Area & Compatible Computer Connections - 4 posts
Digital Radio in Spain - 7 posts
CONVERTING RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR TO LEFT HAND DRIVE - 37 posts
life guard - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to Murcia. - 0 posts
Planning permission needed? - 8 posts
Satellite TV Tenerife - 1 posts
builders mortgage - 5 posts
Thanks! - 0 posts
Is the current economic climate a reason for non completion. - 8 posts
renting apartment - 1 posts
Business premises lease for sale - 0 posts
Can anyone recommend a local lawyer (Almería) experienced in dealing with Dación en pago? Advice? - 9 posts
HI, new to forum. Has anyone used propertyinspain.net? Are they reliable? - 21 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x