Child with Autism/Asbergers Syndrome - Any educational facilities east of Malaga?

Schools and Education in Spain Guide
Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
18 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by paulaitch Star rating. 2 posts Send private message

Hi,

First time user, we are looking to relocate to the Velez Malaga area.

We have 3 children -  but our 7 year old son has asbergers syndrome.

Altho' we have no concerns over his education, we are just wondering if there are any schools in the Velez Malaga area(or indeed anywhere between Malaga and VM)which maybe cater for a child with 'special needs'.

Our children are in 'normal' mainstream education here in the UK, but obviously a school in the VM area with maybe some staff who have an understanding of the conditon would be our preffered choice when placing our children in the Spanish system.

Staying WITHIN the mainstream system is important to us in Spain as it is in the UK.

We DO NOT want to go private - we want our children integrated into the Spanish way of life fully.

• Is there anything available in the area?
  • Any organisations we can contact?
  • Even a comprehensive list of schools would be useful

Thanks in advance.

Paul

Like 0      
18 Jan 2009 3:06 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hi Paul

Our Son has recently been diagnosed with this and he is now 13. He has been in main stream school and will be staying there. I had always put his problems down to "naughty boy" syndrome, but know better now. Our Son has failed in all three of the qualifying criteria, but I would say that if you explain to the school what his problems are, he should be fine. Try this site, they have some useful information and may be able to put you intouch with other organisations in Spain.

Mark

Like 0      
18 Jan 2009 3:45 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Paul

Welcome to the forum, I think this has been covered before but cannot remember what under, if you do a search for schools that might help you. I have a grandaughter who is Autistic she is 11 in main stream school but has one to one in the UK, is that what you are after?

Her parents did not want to send her to a special school, but she loves going to this main stream school.

You should get some help from this forum I personally do not know if the Spanish provide these facilities, but someone will know I am sure.

Pat        

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Santander buys GE Capital Bank Ltd - 1 posts
Looking for Iberbanda wireless router - 4 posts
Generator for sale. New. Diesel engine - 0 posts
vet in france - 0 posts
For sale: Brand new Ikea furniture - 0 posts
Mortgage switch - 2 posts
Loan guarantor - 2 posts
Changing your Spanish Mortgage - 8 posts
desperate for info and help on dispute with atlas/aroca/builder and lack of deeds....all replies welcome - 4 posts
Change of Gated Community into Commercial Community - 6 posts
Rumours of Euroland - 12 posts
New to eyeonspain - buying on Trampolin Royal Dream - 12 posts
Dubai - 0 posts
Dubai - 3 posts
At what point can a bank guarantee be executed? - 16 posts
furniture wanted - 2 posts
residencia certificate - 26 posts
Broadband Service in the Manilva Area & Compatible Computer Connections - 4 posts
Digital Radio in Spain - 7 posts
CONVERTING RIGHT HAND DRIVE CAR TO LEFT HAND DRIVE - 37 posts
life guard - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to Murcia. - 0 posts
Planning permission needed? - 8 posts
Satellite TV Tenerife - 1 posts
builders mortgage - 5 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x