It's form 210 now, NOT 214 (as the wealth tax has finally been abolished 23rd December, 2008, for non residents)

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
19 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Please read >>>>  MORE'S BLOG  about this.

Apparently, non residents now need to submit form 210 between 1st January & 30th June, 2009, 6 months earlier than before (for tax due for 2008) & not on the form 214, since wealth tax has been abolished 'by means of Law 4/2008 of December 23, published in the OSG of 25/12/2008.'

My blog will tell more.  Currently, I know nothing more than posted there. It's as new to me as it is to you.

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/19/2009.

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 8:10 PM by bobg Star rating. 3 posts Send private message

We paid our wealth tax via our solicitors who act as our fiscal represenatives, in November 08 for what we took to be our tax for 2008, but looking at our form 214 stamped as paid it was fr 2007, ie it was in arrears.

So what is this new tax based on, previously it was based on a percentage of a notional letting value, and both partners were liable?

Bobg

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 8:21 PM by peteranne Star rating in York & Los Montesino.... 111 posts Send private message

peteranne´s avatar

We have just received the following from our solicitor. We normally get our solicitor to complete our form but due to the high cost for them to do it, we were going to do it our selves this year  using the 214.

Has any one any info on how to complete the new form?

Or can anyone recommend some one in the Costa Blanca south we can trust to complete it for us who would be cheaper than a solicitor . We are not over until the first 2 weeks in June so would need to get it completed and paid then. 

CHANGES IN WEALTH TAX LAW
MESSAGE ONLY FOR CLIENTS WITH A PROPERTY IN SPAIN PURCHASED PRIOR TO 31-12-2008.

Over the course of this year, we have received numerous queries from our clients asking about the abolition of Wealth Tax (Impuesto del Patrimonio) in Spain. We promised to send further information to everyone as soon as this law was published.

This year, the Spanish government indeed studied the possibility of withdrawing its Wealth Tax. Subsequently and by means of Law 4/2008 of December 23, published in the OSG of 25/12/2008, the Spanish Wealth Tax was finally abolished.
Until now, non-residents have been required to present the Form 214, the so-called "wealth tax return". The official name of this Form 214 is "Impuesto sobre el Patrimonio y sobre la Renta de No Residentes" ("Wealth and Income Tax Return for Non-Residents").

As its name suggests, this form was used to tax non-residents in regards to Wealth Tax and Income Tax. Th e form itself is divided into two clearly separate sections.

Following approval of this law, those non-resident individuals who have one or more properties in Spain are no longer required to pay Wealth Tax. However, they are still required to pay the Income Tax for Non-Residents.

Therefore, the publication of this law means the following for non-residents with property in Spain:
1) They are no longer required to present Form 214 as of 01 January 2009.
2) They are required to present a new form: Form 210 regarding Income Tax for Non-Residents.
3) A reduction to taxes due: the amount to be paid to the Spanish Tax Authorities (Hacienda) by means of the new form will be less than the amount resulting from the previous Form 214 given that only the Income Tax for Non-Residents is now applicable and the Wealth Tax has been abolished.
4) Deadlines for presentation: the period for filing this tax return runs from 01 January to 30 June of the fo llowing year . In other words, the deadline for paying taxes corresponding to 2008 is 30 June 2009 (6 months prior to the previously applicable deadline).

Thank you

Peter & Anne   -   www.los-montesinos-spain.co.uk

Like 0      
19 Jan 2009 10:14 PM by milli Star rating in Cheshire/ Formentera.... 65 posts Send private message

I use Sol-4 , in Beimar.  They charge 116 euros per property, regardless of how many names are on deeds

www.sol-4gestion.com

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 11:46 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

From 2008 you have fill the 210 form in, regarding the Income Tax for Non-Resident, but if you have only one property you still have until December to pay your Tax Returns.

Mar Durio

Costa Luz Lawyers

Like 0      
20 Jan 2009 1:10 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Mar Durio says From 2008 you have fill the 210 form in, regarding the Income Tax for Non-Resident, but if you have only one property you still have until December to pay your Tax Returns.

Is this so ? That will make it easier. Thank you.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by number16 Star rating in Shropshire / Costa B.... 37 posts Send private message

Hi More.

Nice to see you back, we wil get our 210 form when we go in april and pay it then at the bank.

Like 0      
22 Jan 2009 9:48 AM by GOLFMAD Star rating in Greater Manchester a.... 4 posts Send private message

GOLFMAD´s avatar

Hi,

Can anyone inform us where you can get the Form 210 to complete ourselves or do you have to use your solicitor?

Also is the form easy enough to fill in?

Regards.

GOLFMAD.

Like 0      
26 Jan 2009 11:04 PM by crackers Star rating in Devon / Costa del So.... 81 posts Send private message

Just been over to Costa del Sol and finally tracked down my local Tax Office in Torremolinus.  Went in to ask about the new 210 tax forms which I had read about on EOS and was informed that they do not as yet have them and to try again in about 3 months!  Don't know if it will be the same throughout Spain. Perhaps anyone who gets hold of one could let us know if it is any different to the Renta part of the old From 214.

This message was last edited by crackers on 1/26/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 12:20 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Hi Crackers

I've just seen the website http://spain214.com/default.aspx which says 'NEWS FLASH - Wealth tax has been abolished.  In 2009 the modelo 214 will also be abolished and a new form is being introduced for non residents to pay their 'renta' tax.  Watch this space to be kept up to date' so maybe watch the site.

Spain214 will complete it for you for 35€ they say, email them on enquiries@spain214.com for details.

This is a pdf. file of modelo 210  (Click blue links) I found it on the Spanish tax website.

If you read MORE'S BLOG HERE it says that Mark Stucklin of Spanish Property Insight explains what part you need to fill in on it.

'Use general section 210-A and indicating income type 02.'

Please be aware I'm just finding all I post from other sites, I'm rather in the dark myself to a point

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/27/2009.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 9:24 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

Hi, you could fill the 210 form in the tax offices website. If you have only one property you have to fill box 4. with the cadastral value x 1.1% or 2%, then in box 14 24,00. and box 18 and 21 the amount to pay.

Mar Durio

Costaluz Lawyers

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 12:09 PM by number16 Star rating in Shropshire / Costa B.... 37 posts Send private message

Hi Mar Durio, I thought it requires you to have a digital certificate or a colaborating bank account to be able to complete the 210 form online at the tax website.

Like 0      
27 Jan 2009 3:06 PM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

For physical person you do still not need digital certificate, just go to your Bank.

Mar Durio

Costaluz Lawyers 

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 5:33 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

I saw this on another forum saying we could look at this on how to fill the 210 in, in English !

Look around half way down the file, at appendix 2. It could prove handy.

INFO ON FILLING IN FORM 210

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 5:44 PM by Gypsy Star rating in south shields/formen.... 206 posts Send private message

Gypsy´s avatar

I do not know if I am a bit THICK but as you pay

your taxes for the previous year  does that mean

the wealth tax for 2008 will be the final payment in

2009. OR

WHAT DATE WAS THE WEALTH TAX ABOLISHED.

GYPSY

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 5:51 PM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

The Wealth tax is abolished for wealth tax 2008, so as you in 2009 will pay 2008, you only have to pay income tax.

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 5:58 PM by derek55 Star rating in Carsares Costa---Bir.... 51 posts Send private message

Can anyone help with this situation

We own our property in three names, last year each of us had to pay  the tax, l did question this at the time as to why we effectivly paid three times. Am I correct in thinking if the property was owned in one name would the tax have been 1/3 of the bill we actually paid.  then we have to pay fee for each of us.  I think Spain have got all the corners covered when it comes to taxing non residents.

Will the 210 form cost us more or less ?

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 6:15 PM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

Gypsy, bit of a carry on innit mate ?

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 8:21 AM by Mar Durio Star rating. 54 posts Send private message

Dear Derek

If there is more that one owner, the tax return should be made in the name of every physical person. But then, taxes are divided between all the owners. The 210 form is free if you make online, but if you buy at the Tax office you should buy three of them. The fees depend on your fiscal representative.

Mar Durio

Costaluz Lawyer

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 11:18 AM by morerosado Star rating. 6927 posts Send private message

morerosado´s avatar

As I read endless forums I see many are discussing the 210 & I saw these posts, second post being from the spain214 firm who will supply these forms plus many others. I suggest everyone perhaps saves the www.spain214.com site to their faves for reference. It has lots of important info on it & they say we should keep looking on it.

BTW I contacted them & they will charge 50€ to write up 210's for the two of us, (35€ for one owner), we own one property jointly. They will get the stickers & then you have to take forms to the bank & pay yourself. A good alternative to paying heaps more for a fiscal if you can be in Spain to pay this yourself at the bank. Perhaps paying for one year to get the form & your details on it will save you worry. Future years then will be easy.

Another firm also does it for same cost & it seems THEY actually will pay it for you, see http://www.modelo214.com/Modelo214.aspx

1) Within a document, which I found at the link below, it states that the tax authorites
are going to modify the Form 210 to simplify its use for the declaration of 'Impuesta sobre la renta' by non residents.
The implication is that Form 214 will no longer be used and the deadline for submission of the Form 210 will be
the 30th of June.

However, it is not yet clear whether the June deadline will apply to this years return. It seems fairly certain
that, from 2010 onwards, returns will have to be in by the end of June and this may be what my solicitor
is trying to tell to me.

Document Link:

http://www.aeat.es/AEAT/Contenidos_Comunes/La_Agencia_Tributaria/Normativas/Ficheros_Asociados_a_Las_Normativas/IVA/ordeneha37882008.pdf

2) Hold on for a while, the tax office themselves do not have everything clarified for non residents yet. They may be issuing advice to fiscal reps, but as for the rest of us, just wait and see on the web site or in the press or again our website www.spain214.com

This message was last edited by morerosado on 1/29/2009.

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | ... | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

long term rental wanted Los Alcazares - 4 posts
earn up 25€ per hour - 0 posts
Van space from Girona to England. - 0 posts
Justin & Susan's Siesta show - 50 posts
Ingofersa - 51 posts
Acceptability of solid log homes in Spain - 5 posts
New to Forum - 19 posts
Legal advice - 5 posts
Never a happy spanish experience if you bought your property through atlas international and paid in full! - 1 posts
Anyone heard of....... - 0 posts
Free Holiday in Andalucian Farmhouse in exchange for House & Animal Sit - 1 posts
Valuation of property - 2 posts
A Legal Question - re; Buying and licences - 0 posts
Car boots and markets - 11 posts
Builder's supply of water and electricity - 16 posts
Trampolin Hills - Royal Dream - Action Group - Anyone on it? - 1 posts
Builder has taken out mortgages on properties - 5 posts
Child with Autism/Asbergers Syndrome - Any educational facilities east of Malaga? - 2 posts
Santander buys GE Capital Bank Ltd - 1 posts
Looking for Iberbanda wireless router - 4 posts
Generator for sale. New. Diesel engine - 0 posts
vet in france - 0 posts
For sale: Brand new Ikea furniture - 0 posts
Mortgage switch - 2 posts
Loan guarantor - 2 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 122

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x