San Rafael, Duquesa, CDS

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
01 Mar 2007 12:00 AM by lewjan62 Star rating in West Sussex / Casare.... 134 posts Send private message

lewjan62´s avatar

If you have a special occasion to celebrate and you dont mind spending a little more (it is a little pricey but worth it) try this place out.

Castillian cuisine. Never had a bad meal yet.

You will find it  2km to the west of Puerto Duquesa at Km141.5 on the N340. tel 952 89 06 93

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 10:16 AM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

I agree with Jan...excellent ...we had my friends silver wedding there..

Jan

Regards

John

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 11:16 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
We went there last week and agree, the food was absolutely superb if a little pricey.  Looks a bit manky from outside but the food is what counts!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 11:33 AM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
I think we may go here to celebrate getting the keys to our apartment!  Are they child friendly do you know?  We have a very well mannered (most of the time!!) seven year old, who is well used to dining out.

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 11:51 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar
Pitby, if you mean "child friendly" as in welcoming then yes, they were happy for our two 4 year old twins to trash their restaurant and scream the place down....so yes, quite friendly really!!

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 12:01 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
Fantastic!  I think it's there then - can't wait to try it!

Thanks for all that!

Like 0      
01 Mar 2007 3:19 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Jan

Hope you have a good time as i am sure you will. Not sure when you are going but it was necessary to book a table ...late October on a Saturday evening. Might be ok at moment. Just a thought. 

John

Regards

John

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 6:24 PM by Smiley Star rating in San Pedro de Alcanta.... 2502 posts Send private message

Smiley´s avatar
Hi Justin would you have any more than TWO four year old TWINS - Hmmmmmm I wonder?

Smiley - patrick@marbellamortgages.com  www.marbellamortgages.com   www.comparetravelcash.co.uk

Like 0      
02 Mar 2007 6:45 PM by Pitby Star rating in Andalucía. 1904 posts Send private message

Pitby´s avatar
John, we shall be in Duquesa for three weeks, from 24 March - most of the time spent trying to furnish our apartment, but hopefully some of the time spent celebrating our purchase and tasting local delicacies!!

Shall make sure that we book, when we decide to go!

Thanks for the info!!

This message was last edited by Pitby on 3/2/2007.

Like 0      
07 Mar 2007 5:52 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

It's a fantastic place to eat, very freindly and always eager to please.

Being Spanish thier idea of a stake 'Well Done' wasn't mine, but no trouble, they produced the goods as it were  and it was fantastic.

Highly recommend

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 10:02 PM by Jerry Star rating. 74 posts Send private message

La Mani in Sabanillos in the square is fantastic. A small place but outstanding food. I wasnt going to mention it because we want to keep it for ourselves

Like 0      
08 Mar 2007 10:14 PM by JC1 Star rating in Manchester and La Du.... 963 posts Send private message

JC1´s avatar

Jerry

You've done agood job then...hiding it a thread about somewhere else...too late now...i will try it next week..cheers

john

This message was last edited by JC1 on 3/8/2007.

Regards

John

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 2:20 PM by hfagan Star rating in Hove, East Sussex. 36 posts Send private message

hfagan´s avatar

A few contributors have commented that San Rafael is a little pricey.    Given that people have varying ideas of what that term means, could you give some idea of the approximate price per head (e.g. for a steak)   Thanks.

Like 0      
09 Mar 2007 7:53 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hfagan,

Take out a new mortgage!

Na! Seriously it's a lot cheaper than here in the UK, however some think it's a little pricey for Spain but I think it's very reasonable.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Venta La Choza, Casares costa, CDS - 5 posts
Making That Big Decision - 3 posts
Asiatico Chinese, Guardamar, CB - 2 posts
Meson El Prado, San Miguel, CB - 0 posts
SEEKING ADVICE .... - 7 posts
VIP Cartagena - 0 posts
Fox's - Sabinillas, Costa del Sol - 6 posts
Compensation - 1 posts
sunny almeria - 0 posts
new to this forum - 5 posts
4Less Group - 3 posts
Easter in Spain - 20 posts
IVA on a investment property that has been resold - 12 posts
heaters - 1 posts
Residencia - 18 posts
buying as a private person or with "sl" - 5 posts
Life Insurance for Spanish mortgages - 22 posts
Dia de Andalucia - 7 posts
Surviving the Nightmare - Spanish Courts a Law Unto Themselves. - 19 posts
La Alhambra Palace in Granada, Spain - 11 posts
Sierra golf - 0 posts
Villa needed in Quesada - 21 posts
Daya Nueva - 2 posts
Airport parking at Murcia - 2 posts
Whats The Real Rental? - 38 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 14

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x