Iberdrola charges?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
06 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

Because we are totally electric, I usually pay around 120-125 Euro bi-monthly, which hurts but so be it.

However my latest bill for November/December is 100 Euro more!

While it is the coldest part of the year, I wondered if anyone has experienced a similar price increase?

pilgrim

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 10:46 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Check to see if your last bill was estimated....ours was.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 4:24 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Karen sun,

where on your bill do you check to see if a

bill is estimated. we were only here for 4 weeks

of our last bill (our 2nd one by the way) and it was

93 euros, I was horrified. Our first bill in Nov was

only 35 euros for the same amount of weeks.

coolyes

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 4:26 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

it's down the bottom left hand corner, printed in GREY rather than black.

edited to add..... you can get the electric bills on line you know!

This message was last edited by Karensun on 1/6/2009.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 10:42 PM by Hammersfan Star rating in Body in Essex, Heart.... 160 posts Send private message

Our bill says "We have billed you only for the demand charge and the rental charges." so we haven't been charged for the electricty we have used.

As it's a holiday home and we have only been over for 2 weekends during the current billing period, I am assuming that they have some kind of minimum charging limit which we didn't reach, so they will roll up those charges into the next billing period.

Does that sound sensible to you guys?

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 4:45 AM by pilgrim Star rating in Costa Calida. 231 posts Send private message

pilgrim´s avatar

I will check to see if my bill states "estimated" WHEN I get it!! The good ol´ Correos still hasn´t mastered the art of delivering my bills before the bank pays them?? 

pilgrim

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 1:49 PM by growler Star rating in Birmingham & Benejúz.... 164 posts Send private message

"you can get the electric bills on line you know!"

Karensun, could you post up a link to this please..thanks

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 3:30 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

Growler here you are

http://www.iberdrola.es/webibd/corporativa/iberdrola?IDPAG=ESWEBCLIHOGSERELE&codCache=12314284834035733

you have to click on registro and register and it is all in spanish as they haven't yet converted the online office to english

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 3:31 PM by formentera costa Star rating. 368 posts Send private message

Hi Karensun,

I checked my bill and it has been an actual reading.

must be careful from now on, have bought a mobile

calor gas heater now.

THANKS.

coolyes

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 3:54 PM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Thanks conrad for posting the link.....been a bit busy today so only just got round to looking at EOS.

I hate mobile gas heaters but if needs must............wear lots of layers....I am !!!

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 8:41 PM by saffronbilli Star rating in Dorset and Villamart.... 63 posts Send private message

Has anybody else received an early bill? We have now registered to receive bills on-line and the next bi-monthly bill was due February. However, received an e-mail saying the bill was ready to view, but not only is it one month early but instead of being 40-60 euros it is only 12 euros and doesn't seem to have -energy consumida' on it. Anybody got any ideas why????

Assuming that 'lectura' means 'reading', and ours is listed on bottom right side in black that must be true reading??

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 9:38 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

we got that 12 euros one as well still haven't figured out why yet

Like 0      
08 Jan 2009 10:47 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

thanks for the link Conrad. Finally got to see my bills after having my house for 2 years!

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 7:42 AM by Karensun Star rating in Orihuela Costa. 1474 posts Send private message

Karensun´s avatar

Ibadrola are now charging monthly.

If the bit on the left hand bottom corner is grey, the bill is estimated, if it is black it is true.

Now a non-smoker !  

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 1:13 PM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

I also want to see my bills of Iberdrola. We are at Lomas del Golf in San Miguel de Salinas. We never get a bill from Iberdrola. The money is going off my account in the Deutsche Bank.  We pay +/- € 170,00 in 2008 and we are there in April (10 days) July and August (45 days).

I try to registrade but they ask the 4 last numbers of my bankaccount. This account has 4 + 4+2+10 numbers. I try them all but I cann't get any further.

Can somebody help me?

Like 0      
09 Jan 2009 10:11 PM by Eva2008 Star rating in Reading. 152 posts Send private message

Eva2008´s avatar

Hi lomasgirl,

I registered on the site ok. They asked for three bits of info.

one - pasport number

two -  reference number - this is the number you see on your bank statement next to the word Iberdrola eg. Iberdrolaxxxxxxxxxxx

three - the last 4 digits of the 20 number bank account so xxxx xxxx xx xxxxxx1234

Hope this helps

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 10:23 AM by lomasgirl Star rating in I'm in Belgium and L.... 24 posts Send private message

Thanks for your help.

I try again, but than it says the 4 lost numbers of my bank account are not correct. But I have no other numbers.

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 12:21 PM by conrad Star rating in Milton Keynes and Dr.... 298 posts Send private message

conrad´s avatar

lomas go to the area where you need to input your username and password and click the bit below which means i have lost my password as sometimes it registers you anyway and see what happens

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 3:50 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Hi all;

Concerning these small bills for December, typically around 12 Euros.

Endesa- Sevillana our provider sent me a bill for a similar amount about ten days after they had extracted it from my bank account.

They too, like Iberdrola have gone over to monthly billing and according to the letter I had from them thr bill represents one month of standing charge, in our case from Nov16 to Dec 16 2008

Under the old scheme of bi-monthly payments our next bill would have been due in January, so it looks as if the bill we receive this month (Jan) will be from the 16 Nov to 16 January in terms of electricity used and from 16th Dec to 16th Jan in terms of the standing  charge.

Also endesa are now going to be doing actual bi-monthly meter readings in Jan. Mar. May etc., and estimated readings for Feb., April, June, etc.

According to the pamphlet this whole thing has the backing of the government via Royal Decree1578/2008 dd 26/9/2008 and has no doubt been brought about by the rapidly increasing cost of electricity in Spain and in an effort to a) reduce the bi-monthly burden on the lower paid and b) (cynically) to increase the cash flow through the electricity companies....

Incidentally where we live in the foothills of the Sierra Nevadas and at an altitude of around 2000ft our electricity bill are always high; we need aircon continuously during the Summer when temps can reach 45C (typically 40C) and radiators/heaters on in the bathroom and bedroom permanently during the Winter. Last night the temp her dropped to -8C...

As covered in another threaad we have a wood burning stove/estufa in the living room which goes some way to heat the bedrooms as the bedroom shares the same chimney wall. The chimney itself is concreted over save for the portion where the flue pipe emerges so heat that would normally escape up the chimney is radiated into the bedroom chimney breast wall. Its not enough though because the same end wall of the house is exposed to the elements and the prevailing wind so a heater in the bedroom is essential.

Over the last two years we have paid out almost 3000 Euros in electricity charges averaging out at around 125 Euros a month. Of course when the Euro was worth about 70p it wasnt too bad but now with near parity its a hell of a lot!

Ah Well...we chose to live here...and sure as hell wouldnt go back!

This message was last edited by foxbat on 1/10/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 4:26 PM by foxbat Star rating in Granada. 1114 posts Send private message

foxbat´s avatar

Further to my previous response this is a copy of the Endesa-Sevillana pamphlet;

Yes I know its in Spanish...(use babelfish for a translation service if you need to!)

Bye Now!

fb

This message was last edited by foxbat on 1/10/2009.

http://www.facebook.com/ruido.blanco.773

Like 0      

Pages: 1 | 2 | Next |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Just Testing - 0 posts
can you help? - 2 posts
Box Van Trailer Wanted - 0 posts
translation of community rules document - 2 posts
Nationwide and the nonsense they peddle!! - 5 posts
3 KINGS PARADE - 15 posts
Rental needed short and long term - 0 posts
Guests to avoid... - 8 posts
Has anyone got experience of getting their deposit back through their solicitor with or without a 'bank guarentee'? - 2 posts
Good restraunts in Fuengirola - 10 posts
Internet in Vera, Almeria - 21 posts
Spectrum radio and the agents advertising - 0 posts
The Fourth King - 0 posts
Chesterton and the wise men ( Reyes Magos) - 0 posts
Van to Europe - 0 posts
Long term rental - Tenants rights - 3 posts
Moving back, car for swop, Honda shttle people carrier 4x4 RHD UK plates. - 0 posts
Charges for Inheritance - 2 posts
been for a visit too in nov 23 - 0 posts
car hire - 3 posts
Prices - UK v Spain - 10 posts
Hi - let us introduce ourselves - 1 posts
Curtains / blinds - 0 posts
Weed control Fabric. - 0 posts
Currency Hedge - 0 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 21

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 | 2 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x