3 KINGS PARADE

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by jewels50 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

jewels50´s avatar

Please can anyone give any info re the Santiago de la Ribera parade,start time etc,Thanks

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 1:11 PM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Not sure what time it starts with you, but last year it started at around 5.30pm in Castillio, Manilva.

I think it will be the same time this year.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 7:10 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Had to drive round half of Andalucia to get home (about half a mile away) at 6:00pm tonight from the vet, with moggie screaming his t*ts off all the way. Poor thing had to pee - ended up doing it in his cage, and very upset he was too. Not talking to me now, and hiding under the bed, as the damned procession goes up our street and it's NOISY. Sorry to be a bit bah-humbug, but God, I'll be glad when all this festive cr*p is finished for another year.

The floats are flying up our street at about 50 km/h, with hundreds of scruffy urchins scrabbling around to get the sweets that are being hurled from them. Where are 'elf & safety now? If I had a sack of coal handy, I could take a few out from my terrace. There's a dad below us with an upturned umbrella (ella, ella....) to catch as many sweets for his brood as possible. How's that for fair play?

¡Felices Fiestas, todos!

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 7:13 PM by jewels50 Star rating. 43 posts Send private message

jewels50´s avatar

Thanks for that ROBERTO,YOU MADE US REALLY LAUGH.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 7:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

That's a relief - as soon as I hit the "post reply" button, I thought, uh-oh, I'm in trouble!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 7:59 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

yes roberto i think you are in trouble for your post thats not like you bye irene

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 8:39 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

You don't know me

Mark Twain

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 9:29 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

You are living up to your profile Grumpy about Life in Spain am I right?

I bet you are a real softie at heart.  Go and have a drink and chill out.

Patt

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 10:23 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi roberto i think have a drink and chill out is right from the scousers i wish i was still there i am going to try and be there for the 3 kings next year irene/peter

This message was last edited by irenemontague on 1/5/2009.

Like 0      
05 Jan 2009 11:38 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Crikey, I'd completely forgotten what I'd put in my profile - better change that. After all, I'm ex-presidente now, and I'm not really that grumpy any more. But don't waste your time with the Kings, unless you've got kiddies or enjoy watching other people's running in front of moving vehicles just to grab some cheap sweeties. It's as exciting as visiting Santa's grotto, but much more dangerous.

Anyway, the cat has forgiven me, and I've had a couple of beers, so all's well. Looking forward to Semana Santa now, and all that melted wax on the road. Great fun watching all the mopeds crashing the next day!

Mark Twain

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 10:56 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Some pics from the parade in Sabinillas last night...

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 11:00 AM by TechNoApe Star rating in Duquesa, Manilva. 1277 posts Send private message

Vip Supporter

TechNoApe´s avatar

Hi Justin,

We watched the parade in Castillo last night, and picked up a few caramelos, ahem!

Will have a look at my pics and upload one or two later, if that's ok.

www.andalucianstyle.com

Me, the Mrs and Rosie too! But we'll never, ever forget our Tyler!

We support AAA Abandoned Animals Marbella - Do you?

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 7:36 PM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Great fun watching all the mopeds crashing the next day!

roberto i can not belive you said that?bye irene

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 9:35 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Oh I can how many was there?

See the profile has been changed what a shame thought that was quite funny.  But pleased you are not so grumpy now

but are you sure about that????????

Pat

Like 0      
06 Jan 2009 11:15 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4551 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Did I forget to mention that while driving back from the vet, because of the heavy traffic, all the usual boy racers in their puffed up Clios and 206s were even more impatient than normal, and some pr*ck drove into the back of me while I was stationary at a junction? The poor cat was in a bad enough mood already, having peed himself due to the circuitous route I had to take, and having been subjected to 3 injections from Dr. Jose. The last thing I needed was a jolt up the backside (so to speak).

So perhaps you can see why I was a tad grumpy yesterday?

Feeling much better now, thanks.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
07 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by irenemontague Star rating in liverpool/carvajal . 794 posts Send private message

Hi Mr grumpy hope you did not get a lot of nasty pm yesterday glad to her you felling better, just because you changed you profile does not mean we wont for get what you said bye irene

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Rental needed short and long term - 0 posts
Guests to avoid... - 8 posts
Has anyone got experience of getting their deposit back through their solicitor with or without a 'bank guarentee'? - 2 posts
Good restraunts in Fuengirola - 10 posts
Internet in Vera, Almeria - 21 posts
Spectrum radio and the agents advertising - 0 posts
The Fourth King - 0 posts
Chesterton and the wise men ( Reyes Magos) - 0 posts
Van to Europe - 0 posts
Long term rental - Tenants rights - 3 posts
Moving back, car for swop, Honda shttle people carrier 4x4 RHD UK plates. - 0 posts
Charges for Inheritance - 2 posts
been for a visit too in nov 23 - 0 posts
car hire - 3 posts
Prices - UK v Spain - 10 posts
Hi - let us introduce ourselves - 1 posts
Curtains / blinds - 0 posts
Weed control Fabric. - 0 posts
Currency Hedge - 0 posts
I.T. business for sale in Granada - 0 posts
investment required - 0 posts
'friendly' rental property - 4 posts
Cycle UK to Alicante - Appreciate any helpful views - 2 posts
wee peddy - 0 posts
How do I revise my email address? - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 16

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x