Has anyone got experience of getting their deposit back through their solicitor with or without a 'bank guarentee'?

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
05 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by markybhoy Star rating in Uk. 29 posts Send private message

Hi,

I have put down a 30% deposit on a property in a development which has basically stopped at the moment and its unknown if it will be getting completed and as far as I know my solicitors failed in their duty to me by not getting a 'bank guarentee' written into the agreement.

The developer will be 6 months over the completion date in April and so liable to legal action so say the solicitor i used  but the way things are at the moment I am not keen on waiting until the developer has none of my money left to give back.

If anyone has had success could they please recommend me their solicitor as quite frankly I'm not sure I have any faith in the one appointed for me .

Please help

Thanks

Mark

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 8:16 PM by coleen Star rating. 84 posts Send private message

Mark,

You really must contact Maria de Castro who you will find on this site. 

this issue is very much more complicated and time consuming than anyone could imagine and knowledge is everything.  That is why I am convinced that you should go to Maria.

I am trying to get my deposit back at the moment and, whilst I am not in a position to change my solicitor because the case is well on its way to court now, Maria demonstrates a far more in depth knowledge of the laws relating to this matter than my solicitor.

Good luck.

Like 0      
30 Jan 2009 8:11 AM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

Thanks Coleen... well we never cease to study and study and confront with colleague lawyers and see new ways.

Maria

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Good restraunts in Fuengirola - 10 posts
Internet in Vera, Almeria - 21 posts
Spectrum radio and the agents advertising - 0 posts
The Fourth King - 0 posts
Chesterton and the wise men ( Reyes Magos) - 0 posts
Van to Europe - 0 posts
Long term rental - Tenants rights - 3 posts
Moving back, car for swop, Honda shttle people carrier 4x4 RHD UK plates. - 0 posts
Charges for Inheritance - 2 posts
been for a visit too in nov 23 - 0 posts
car hire - 3 posts
Prices - UK v Spain - 10 posts
Hi - let us introduce ourselves - 1 posts
Curtains / blinds - 0 posts
Weed control Fabric. - 0 posts
Currency Hedge - 0 posts
I.T. business for sale in Granada - 0 posts
investment required - 0 posts
'friendly' rental property - 4 posts
Cycle UK to Alicante - Appreciate any helpful views - 2 posts
wee peddy - 0 posts
How do I revise my email address? - 4 posts
Ford Transit Rimor Motorhome. 2005. For Sale - 0 posts
Hola from snowy Andalucia - 6 posts
Injured Stray Dog - Help Needed - 4 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 3

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x