Long term rental - Tenants rights

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
04 Jan 2009 12:00 AM by timba Star rating in Cardiff and Rocas de.... 27 posts Send private message

Hi all

This is a question from an dinexperienced rental owner.  Cn anyone advise on the rights of the tenants when renting a property furnished or unfurnished.  I have heard of so many stories where tenants have moved in and when the contract is due to expire they do not vacate because the children are in school and it would disrupt their education etc etc.

I would hate to get into this situation, as we are trying to bridge the gap whilst awaitng for the property sales climate to pick up before selling. 

Many thanks for any advice.

regards

Tim

Like 0      
04 Jan 2009 11:48 AM by ******** Star rating in UK & Murcia. 574 posts Send private message

Hi Tim

I've just looked at the link posted by lasiesta in the 'warning to landlords' thread and there's lots of information on that site.  When connected to that site look at the left hand menu and see the items about rental in Spain and Spanish law.  It gives a clear description of the differences between short term and living rental contracts and the law.  I found it very helpful.  Thanks lasiesta.

Jane

Like 0      
04 Jan 2009 7:01 PM by mariadecastro Star rating in Algeciras (Cadiz). 9402 posts Send private message

mariadecastro´s avatar

http://www.eyeonspain.com/Secure/articles/article.aspx?article=/renting-maria5.aspx   ( You have got a serie of 5 articles through this link)

As you can read in these articles, the legal obligatory contract extensions are just for contracts of houses aimed for " home" or home-contracts. Regardless the duration period stated in the wording of the contract.

This message was last edited by mariadecastro on 1/5/2009.

Maria L. de Castro, JD, MA

Lawyer

Director www.costaluzlawyers.es

El blog de Maria

Like 0      
10 Jan 2009 11:01 AM by timba Star rating in Cardiff and Rocas de.... 27 posts Send private message

Hi

Many thanks to you both for supplying some guidance much appreciated.

regards

Tim

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

Moving back, car for swop, Honda shttle people carrier 4x4 RHD UK plates. - 0 posts
Charges for Inheritance - 2 posts
been for a visit too in nov 23 - 0 posts
car hire - 3 posts
Prices - UK v Spain - 10 posts
Hi - let us introduce ourselves - 1 posts
Curtains / blinds - 0 posts
Weed control Fabric. - 0 posts
Currency Hedge - 0 posts
I.T. business for sale in Granada - 0 posts
investment required - 0 posts
'friendly' rental property - 4 posts
Cycle UK to Alicante - Appreciate any helpful views - 2 posts
wee peddy - 0 posts
How do I revise my email address? - 4 posts
Ford Transit Rimor Motorhome. 2005. For Sale - 0 posts
Hola from snowy Andalucia - 6 posts
Injured Stray Dog - Help Needed - 4 posts
Good area to move to? - 20 posts
SPANISH PROPERTY SCANDAL: JOINT ACTION - 0 posts
Bank / mortgage problems. - 26 posts
help wanted to rent out our apartment in Arenal Golf - 3 posts
NIE application forms - 0 posts
2009 commitment - 25 posts
Happy New Year................. - 12 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 4

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x