White Goods and Air Con

Post reply   Start new thread
:: New - Old :: Old - New

Pages: 1 |

Forum home :: Latest threads :: Search forums
The Comments
07 Dec 2008 12:00 AM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi everyone

I recall ages ago, Justin asked people to tell him what their community charge was. I cannot recall seeing the outcome of this - was it ever published on EOS?

Irene

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 12:08 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Hi Irene and Alan, I recall someone had there community tax paid for them.   But I do not know if it was something that was to be published  on the forum.   I thought it was a bit of research Justin was doing but I could be wrong.  

Pat

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 12:25 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Pat

Yes, that's my recollection, but I did think the plan was to publish something - hey Justin are you there? Are you going to share the results with us?

Ta

Irene

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 12:25 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Hi Pat

Yes, that's my recollection, but I did think the plan was to publish something - hey Justin are you there? Are you going to share the results with us?

Ta

Irene

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 1:04 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Hi guys

Yes, the intention is to publish the results.  The problem is that it's an enormous amount of data so just this week we were looking as to how to present it as some meaningful information.  It's not very easy as there are so many variables.

I then spoke to a friend about it yesterday and he gave me some good ideas for presenting the information so I'll get it done next week.

It's very interesting data so it's worth waiting for!

Give us a few days and we'll have it on the site.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
07 Dec 2008 3:37 PM by Irene&Alan Star rating in Formentera del Segur.... 701 posts Send private message

Irene&Alan´s avatar

Great news Justin. I'm sure we'll all be waiting with baited breath!

Irene

Like 0      
15 Jan 2009 8:05 PM by Roo Star rating in Southport/La Canada. 59 posts Send private message

Hi Justin

Our community has just been set up and it would be really interesting to get the results of your survey in order to compare the 'estimated' community fees that we have been asked to pay with other communities which have been established for many years... so hurry up!!!!!  Only joking, but we're looking forward to seeing the results. 

Cheers!

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 6:56 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

Results made interesting reading - thanks for doing this Justin!

Read the results here

"Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please"

Mark Twain

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 7:10 PM by Patty_1 Star rating in Hertfordshire. UK. .... 1062 posts Send private message

Yes well done Justin,

Found the results very interesting a lot of work went into that I would think.

Pat

Like 0      
28 Jan 2009 8:02 PM by Marksfish Star rating in Vera, Almeria. 2627 posts Send private message

Marksfish´s avatar

Hmmm, seems we're not so bad off after all

Mark

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 10:27 AM by deniseatnycs Star rating in Sol Golf Nr Villamar.... 136 posts Send private message

deniseatnycs´s avatar

Wow, well done EOS team I think I need to print that off for our next A.G.M.

Like 0      
29 Jan 2009 7:17 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

I can't remember all the questions asked for the survey, but I was just wondering about charges in relation to community facilities - basically, I was thinking that probably most participants here own in communities with gardens and pool/s etc. Apartments in blocks with only lifts and staircases / corridors to maintain, would presumably have much cheaper fees?

Mark Twain

Like 0      
30 Jan 2009 8:12 AM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

Roberto, yes, big differences in the facilities of different communities.

We do have a lot of data, if you want us to publish the data in another way then let me know and we'll do it.

Justin

Schools in Spain Guide | The Expat Files | Learn Spanish | Earn a living in Spain

Like 0      
30 Jan 2009 6:50 PM by Roberto Star rating in Torremolinos. 4552 posts Send private message

Roberto´s avatar

According to your results, our fees are more or less "average" - perhaps a little higher. Certainly less than some people have reported on EOS, but nevertheless, much higher than some of my neighbours seem to think is "normal" - whatever they think that means. I attribute this to the fact that we are a very small community (12) and have to share the cost of maintaining a lift, garden & pool between so few.

I think the number of lifts per property may be quite significant. Obviously, a complex with just townhouses / villas will have none; a community like ours, 1 per 12. A ten storey block with 4 apartments per floor and two lifts, 1 per 20 for example. How much of a difference to overall fees could this make?

Similarly, a community twice the size of ours with a pool twice as big, probably doesn't spend twice as much to maintain it, thereby reducing the amount per property etc.

Slightly off-topic (I'm being very bad today) I enquired today at a local Administration company as to their charges and services. They quoted me €5 per property per month (we are 13 including the ground floor locale = €65 per month) We currently pay €130. More importantly, they said they provide a full "management" service which would include obtaining quotes for works, overseeing maintenance jobs etc., which would make the life of the President (or more specifically in our case the sucker ex-president who somehow still seems to get landed with all the crap) so much easier.

Mark Twain

Like 0      
31 Jan 2009 8:19 PM by EOS Team Star rating in In Spain of course!. 4015 posts Send private message

EOS Team´s avatar

I agree, lifts are quite a big cost and would make a big difference to fees.

We'll take a look and see what we can do with the data...

Justin

Like 0      

Pages: 1 |

Post reply    Start new thread

Previous Threads

EOS Christmas fun thread - add 3 words to a Christmas Carol!! - 102 posts
Tips on keeping your house warmer in winter - 0 posts
Unbelievable! - 9 posts
sat installer mar menor area - 4 posts
has anyone used villapac? - 3 posts
Animal Charity in the Costa del Sol - ADANA - 2 posts
Cheap phone calls from Spain - 0 posts
Apolo Properties of Santomera - Murcia - 9 posts
First Assembly of Owners - 6 posts
tenerife - still a party island? - 3 posts
National Holiday weekend 6-8 Dec... - 2 posts
Property Rental required from Jan for professional man. (long term) - 8 posts
Having a baby in Orihuela Cost - 3 posts
Claiming your free flight from a Ryanair credit card - 4 posts
xx long term rental required to begin jan 2009..oliva, denia, anywhere around the mongto mountian.xx - 1 posts
For the creative type - 0 posts
Vodafone / Mobile Shops in Alicante / Moraira?? - 4 posts
Can't post comments on Blogs - 2 posts
Buying a Car in Spain - 0 posts
Guaranteed Rental Income? - 2 posts
Re-mortgage advice - 2 posts
Christmas Day Restaurant in Estepona/Duquesa Area? - 8 posts
new horse beeding for sale - 0 posts
Basura Charges - 1 posts
Legality of an E-Scooter in Spain - 3 posts

Number of posts in this thread: 15

DISCLAIMER:  All opinions posted on these message boards are the opinion solely of the poster and do not necessarily reflect the opinion of Eye on Spain, its servants or agents.

1 |
Our Weekly Email Digest
Name:  
Email:

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse you are agreeing to our use of cookies. More information here. x